U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 06-15-2011, 04:14 PM
 
951 posts, read 616,961 times
Reputation: 89

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyanna View Post
It is when you know that you will have something turn up in your background check which would prevent you from being granted permission to LEGALLY reside in the United States. In this case, it IS the easy way for undesirable potential immigrants. Even serial killers have been known to travel hundreds, and sometimes thousands, of miles to commit their illegal acts. Travelling thousands of miles through the desert does not negate the illegality of their actions.
So we're equating the average family of Mexican immigrants trying to find work to serial killers now days? Hyperbole much? Rofl.

Quote:
Good for who? The only ones being employed are illegals and Hispanic 'minorities', therefore, they are the only ones who have the resouces to SPEND. I don't see any growth or jobs for the average white American, at least in the area where I live. The pittance I get from unemployment doesn't allow for very much spending on all these cheap products the illegals are producing.
Um you benefit from being able to purchase cheaper vegetables and other farm products just for starters.

 
Old 06-15-2011, 04:19 PM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,152,437 times
Reputation: 2130
Quote:
Originally Posted by huddledmasses View Post
Citation needed on farmers "pocketing the extra profits".

Where are all these workers in GA now that there are 11000 job openings and fruit is going to waste because they can't get enough criminals on probation to harvest it?
Yea not xenophobic or racist at all are you guys? You spend 1000s of posts denying it then one little slip up shows your colors.

We are not nearly as populated as other countries lol.
"Citation" on farmers passing the savings on to us. You made the claim first.

There are unlimited H-2A visas for legal migrant farm workers so in the absence of American workers, why aren't they using those? I'll tell you why, it's because the illegals work cheaper, they don't have to provide benefits and can't treat them like slave labor. In short, it increases their profits while we the taxpayer have to cover their social costs.

Xenophobia is a fear of strangers. Just what group is a stranger to this country? One little slip? What "slip" was that? Just what race are we supposedly racist against and what does that have to do with our desire to have our immigration laws respected and enforced?

So, you want to become as populated as the real over crowded ones? It isn't just about space but all the demands that a growing population puts on any nation. No country should have a growing population via illegal immigration anyway.
 
Old 06-15-2011, 04:24 PM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,152,437 times
Reputation: 2130
Quote:
Originally Posted by huddledmasses View Post
So we're equating the average family of Mexican immigrants trying to find work to serial killers now days? Hyperbole much? Rofl.


Um you benefit from being able to purchase cheaper vegetables and other farm products just for starters.
Which even it were true is still a net loss considering that we have to cover their social costs.
 
Old 06-15-2011, 04:27 PM
 
951 posts, read 616,961 times
Reputation: 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
"Citation" on farmers passing the savings on to us. You made the claim first.
Um...it's basic economics. Way to put citation in quotes like it's some obscure thing.

Quote:
There are unlimited H-2A visas for legal migrant farm workers so in the absence of American workers, why aren't they using those? I'll tell you why, it's because the illegals work cheaper, they don't have to provide benefits and can't treat them like slave labor. In short, it increases their profits while we the taxpayer have to cover their social costs.
So make them legal citizens and hold them liable for their social costs.

Quote:
Xenophobia is a fear of strangers. Just what group is a stranger to this country? One little slip? What "slip" was that? Just what race are we supposedly racist against and what does that have to do with our desire to have our immigration laws respected and enforced?
Yeah wanting the United States to remain as it is and not take on Mexican culture is xenophobic, very xenophobic lol. Keep telling yourself it isn't.

Quote:
So, you want to become as populated as the real over crowded ones? It isn't just about space but all the demands that a growing population puts on any nation. No country should have a growing population via illegal immigration anyway.
I never said that, we have a loooong way to grow before we equal the density of over crowded countries. Our country could be growing via legal immigration but that's too much to ask I guess. They are evil either way.
 
Old 06-15-2011, 04:28 PM
 
951 posts, read 616,961 times
Reputation: 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Which even it were true is still a net loss considering that we have to cover their social costs.

No, including all the taxes they pay in that they never receive back it is in fact a net benefit on our economy. You guys like ignoring everything beneficial and just keep hammering on those costs huh?
 
Old 06-15-2011, 04:33 PM
 
Location: Dalton Gardens
2,798 posts, read 5,363,879 times
Reputation: 1570
Quote:
Originally Posted by huddledmasses View Post
So we're equating the average family of Mexican immigrants trying to find work to serial killers now days? Hyperbole much? Rofl.
Quit being an ass. The point was, travelling thousand of miles does NOT lessen the crime, just as it doesn't lessen a serial killer's crime if he travels from his hometown in California to Florida in order to carry out his criminal action. I'd like to think you are intelligent enough to understand what I was getting at instead of trying to twist it in some childish game.


Quote:
Um you benefit from being able to purchase cheaper vegetables and other farm products just for starters.
So now you assume to know what I can and cannot afford? I don't care how many illegals are picking the fruits and vegetables. The prices are still way too high for me to afford more than a single tomato, a small bunch of bananas, sometimes a small bag of potatoes and a few apples. No where near enough to adequately feed a family nutritionally. Have you not seen the extortionate price of meat, dairy and produce products? Or do you make so much money that prices are unimportant? Get a clue... prices are going up on EVERYTHING, more companies are folding and causing further unemployment, and wages are DROPPING because more and more illegals, as well as a particular group of minorities, are being given preference for jobs.
 
Old 06-15-2011, 04:35 PM
 
951 posts, read 616,961 times
Reputation: 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyanna View Post


So now you assume to know what I can and cannot afford? I don't care how many illegals are picking the fruits and vegetables. The prices are still way too high for me to afford more than a single tomato, a small bunch of bananas, sometimes a small bag of potatoes and a few apples. No where near enough to adequately feed a family nutritionally. Have you not seen the extortionate price of meat, dairy and produce products? Or do you make so much money that prices are unimportant? Get a clue... prices are going up on EVERYTHING, more companies are folding and causing further unemployment, and wages are DROPPING because more and more illegals, as well as a particular group of minorities, are being given preference for jobs.

Rofl. Well even though chicagodude doesn't believe that prices of goods are lower because of lower wages I don't think he's going to argue that they are actually going up. That's a new angle I must admit. So, rising prices are the illegals fault? Please explain, this should be good.
 
Old 06-15-2011, 04:37 PM
 
1,410 posts, read 1,738,066 times
Reputation: 1156
Hmm, I wonder if one of the more prolific posters on here changed usernames.
 
Old 06-15-2011, 04:37 PM
 
Location: Dalton Gardens
2,798 posts, read 5,363,879 times
Reputation: 1570
Quote:
Originally Posted by huddledmasses View Post
No, including all the taxes they pay in that they never receive back it is in fact a net benefit on our economy. You guys like ignoring everything beneficial and just keep hammering on those costs huh?
They never receive back? Really? Are you really deluded enough to think that those illegals working in the fields and other jobs are not collecting welfare, plus medical and housing assistance, 'for their children' born here? Many of them own and drive vehicles that I couldn't be able to afford on a regular wage. Pay a visit to Saticoy, CA and take a look at the cars and trucks these illegal farm workers are driving.
 
Old 06-15-2011, 04:40 PM
 
951 posts, read 616,961 times
Reputation: 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyanna View Post
They never receive back? Really? Are you really deluded enough to think that those illegals working in the fields and other jobs are not collecting welfare, plus medical and housing assistance, 'for their children' born here? Many of them own and drive vehicles that I couldn't be able to afford on a regular wage. Pay a visit to Saticoy, CA and take a look at the cars and trucks these illegal farm workers are driving.

Yes they never receive taxes back. Are you claiming they get tax returns and retirement?

Illegal aliens don't qualify for welfare or other assistance. Oh wait, you are crying about anchor babies, I mean U.S. citizens, getting benefits. Yes in your round-about way of rationalizing things, the parents hold onto the assistance FOR THE KID. Just like the drug problem this is more of a welfare issue. Maybe we need cut welfare altogether (I wouldn't object) and boom, that problem's gone.

I'm sorry but if you can't afford to drive a better vehicle than an illegal immigrant I'm afraid you need to go work in the fields. If they are such the criminals and low-life's you claim they are you shouldn't have any problem getting the same job as them right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top