U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-15-2011, 04:43 PM

2,798 posts, read 5,361,547 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by huddledmasses View Post
Rofl. Well even though chicagodude doesn't believe that prices of goods are lower because of lower wages I don't think he's going to argue that they are actually going up. That's a new angle I must admit. So, rising prices are the illegals fault? Please explain, this should be good.
Where did I say that the rising costs of goods was the fault of illegals? My point was that the hiring of cheap labor by greedy employers is NOT lowering the costs of goods. Perhaps you have a maid or housekeeper shopping for your food, or maybe your mother still does it. In any case, its obvious you are not personally experienced with shopping for groceries. When I pay $2.99 for a loaf of bread one week, a week later pay $3.99 for that same loaf of bread, and then two weeks after that see the price has now gone up to $4.99, I would say that yes, prices ARE going UP! The same can be said for milk, cheese, produce and meat.

Old 06-15-2011, 04:44 PM

951 posts, read 616,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyanna View Post
Where did I say that the rising costs of goods was the fault of illegals? My point was that the hiring of cheap labor by greedy employers is NOT lowering the costs of goods. Perhaps you have a maid or housekeeper shopping for your food, or maybe your mother still does it. In any case, its obvious you are not personally experienced with shopping for groceries. When I pay $2.99 for a loaf of bread one week, a week later pay $3.99 for that same loaf of bread, and then two weeks after that see the price has now gone up to $4.99, I would say that yes, prices ARE going UP! The same can be said for milk, cheese, produce and meat.

coolstorybro - that has nothing to do with illegal immigration like you just said so let's move on. That is ignoring the fact you can't/won't entertain the idea of even higher prices if it weren't for work done by illegal immigrants. I suggest some basic economics lessons on how wages drive prices, etc. etc.

Old 06-15-2011, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Yes they never receive taxes back. Are you claiming they get tax returns and retirement?

Illegal aliens don't qualify for welfare or other assistance. Oh wait, you are crying about anchor babies, I mean U.S. citizens, getting benefits. Yes in your round-about way of rationalizing things, the parents hold onto the assistance FOR THE KID. Just like the drug problem this is more of a welfare issue. Maybe we need cut welfare altogether (I wouldn't object) and boom, that problem's gone.

I'm sorry but if you can't afford to drive a better vehicle than an illegal immigrant I'm afraid you need to go work in the fields. If they are such the criminals and low-life's you claim they are you shouldn't have any problem getting the same job as them right?
Let me refer you to a post I made on another thread...

Do You Support the Rights of Illegal Immigrants?

I have worked the same jobs, and I have worked along side them. Don't make assumptions.

Old 06-15-2011, 04:50 PM

Quote:
coolstorybro - that has nothing to do with illegal immigration like you just said so let's move on. That is ignoring the fact you can't/won't entertain the idea of even higher prices if it weren't for work done by illegal immigrants. I suggest some basic economics lessons on how wages drive prices, etc. etc.
You made it a part of this discussion by stating that they kept prices down. The only people who are benefitting are the greedy, grasping employers.

Old 06-15-2011, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyanna View Post
Don't make assumptions.
I'm curious how reading your previous post of:

Quote:
Many of them own and drive vehicles that I couldn't be able to afford on a regular wage. Pay a visit to Saticoy, CA and take a look at the cars and trucks these illegal farm workers are driving.
led me to making assumptions. So if you worked along side them they either are getting paid MORE than U.S. workers making a regular wage or you are full of it.

Old 06-15-2011, 05:08 PM

Quote:
I'm curious how reading your previous post of:

led me to making assumptions. So if you worked along side them they either are getting paid MORE than U.S. workers making a regular wage or you are full of it.
No, the simple truth is that even though they are paid low wages by greedy employers, they are still raking in money and living quite well off of the children they have produced while living here. Let an American try doing that and see where they end up. I personally find it distasteful that anyone would have children just so they can increase the amount of money and benefits they receive from the government. I find it as repulsive as those American parents who use their children to make money through beauty pageants, modelling and acting.

As for being full of it, I have photographic evidence of me doing AG work, including artificially inseminating cows for an audience of farm workers who needed to be instructed. Matter of fact, I'm sure the ranch owners still have the training video made that day

Old 06-15-2011, 05:53 PM

14,307 posts, read 11,146,155 times
Quote:
Um...it's basic economics. Way to put citation in quotes like it's some obscure thing.

So make them legal citizens and hold them liable for their social costs.

Yeah wanting the United States to remain as it is and not take on Mexican culture is xenophobic, very xenophobic lol. Keep telling yourself it isn't.

I never said that, we have a loooong way to grow before we equal the density of over crowded countries. Our country could be growing via legal immigration but that's too much to ask I guess. They are evil either way.
Except there are two sides to any ledger aka as gains and losses. The losses outweight any so-called gains in regards to illegal aliens.

If they were made legal citizens with their low wages and large families they would still be virtually paying no income taxes and would be eligible to get on the public dole which is already being strained.

This isn't about legal Mexicans and their culture. It is about the massive influx of illegal Mexicans that would change our demographics. Since when is it fair to any country to have their identifyin culture, language and demographic makeup changed via ILLEGAL immigration? How about this? (but I know you won't answer as no pro-illegal ever will) What if millions of Chinese migrated illegally to Mexico and changed their demographics, culture and language to theirs? Don't like it when the shoe is on the other foot, do you?

Old 06-15-2011, 06:01 PM

No, you actually have it backwards. Virtually every study and almost all economists agree that the ledger would end up on the gains side, as you say.

Wait, you are trying to make a claim that I would not like Chinese immigration to Mexico? I don't even....

And you think that no pro-immigration reform supporter would ever answer that question? lol?

Why exactly would I be against this?

Old 06-15-2011, 06:10 PM

14,307 posts, read 11,146,155 times
Quote:
No, you actually have it backwards. Virtually every study and almost all economists agree that the ledger would end up on the gains side, as you say.

Wait, you are trying to make a claim that I would not like Chinese immigration to Mexico? I don't even....

And you think that no pro-immigration reform supporter would ever answer that question? lol?

Why exactly would I be against this?
There have been dozens of posts made in here with viable statistics of the true costs of illegal immigration. No, you have it backwards!

So you think that Mexicans in Mexico would not object to a massive ILLEGAL invasion from China? Stop spinning, you'll make yourself dizzy.

Old 06-15-2011, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
There have been dozens of posts made in here with viable statistics of the true costs of illegal immigration. No, you have it backwards!
All the links show state costs, they conveniently always leave out the federal benefits. Keep ignoring facts though.

Quote:
So you think that Mexicans in Mexico would not object to a massive ILLEGAL invasion from China? Stop spinning, you'll make yourself dizzy.
I don't give two ****s about what Mexicans would think. It's interesting that you want to look to Mexico for advice given their current economic situation. Maybe you should move down there since they have things in order already.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration