U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 06-15-2011, 06:42 PM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,152,437 times
Reputation: 2130

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by huddledmasses View Post
All the links show state costs, they conveniently always leave out the federal benefits. Keep ignoring facts though.



I don't give two ****s about what Mexicans would think. It's interesting that you want to look to Mexico for advice given their current economic situation. Maybe you should move down there since they have things in order already.
You're wrong. Just what are these so-called federal benefits? You just keep ignoring the fact that the bottom line is that plus or negative they aren't supposed to be here according to our immigration laws. Evidently our laws mean nothing to you and neither does the fact that they are taking American jobs they have no right to.

Where did I ask Mexico for economic advice? Oh, now you don't care if Mexico would object to a massive illegal immigration? But if we do, all of a sudden that is wrong, xenophobic and racist. Hypocricy, much?

Mexico has things in order? If that is true then why are millions of their citizens jumping our borders? I was born here. I don't need to move anywhere but I will fight this illegal invasion with my dying breath if I have to. I will stay here and defend my country unlike coward Mexicans who won't stay and defend theirs.

 
Old 06-15-2011, 06:47 PM
 
951 posts, read 616,961 times
Reputation: 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
You're wrong. Just what are these so-called federal benefits? You just keep ignoring the fact that the bottom line is that plus or negative they aren't supposed to be here according to our immigration laws. Evidently our laws mean nothing to you and neither does the fact that they are taking American jobs they have no right to.

Where did I ask Mexico for economic advice? Oh, now you don't care if Mexico would object to a massive illegal immigration? But if we do, all of a sudden that is wrong, xenophobic and racist. Hypocricy, much?

Mexico has things in order? If that is true then why are millions of their citizens jumping our borders? I was born here. I don't need to move anywhere but I will fight this illegal invasion with my dying breath if I have to. I will stay here and defend my country unlike coward Mexicans who won't stay and defend theirs.

I have no idea what you are talking about or how you would think I care if Chinese illegally immigrated to Mexico. I don't care if they go there, not 1 bit. You are the one caught in your own statements of not wanting other races to come here and alter the demographics (which means outnumber the white folk).
 
Old 06-15-2011, 07:32 PM
 
Location: Tempe, Az
1,421 posts, read 1,238,350 times
Reputation: 410
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
You're wrong. Just what are these so-called federal benefits? You just keep ignoring the fact that the bottom line is that plus or negative they aren't supposed to be here according to our immigration laws. Evidently our laws mean nothing to you and neither does the fact that they are taking American jobs they have no right to.

Where did I ask Mexico for economic advice? Oh, now you don't care if Mexico would object to a massive illegal immigration? But if we do, all of a sudden that is wrong, xenophobic and racist. Hypocricy, much?

Mexico has things in order? If that is true then why are millions of their citizens jumping our borders? I was born here. I don't need to move anywhere but I will fight this illegal invasion with my dying breath if I have to. I will stay here and defend my country unlike coward Mexicans who won't stay and defend theirs.
Mexico needs to man up and take there people BACK.
 
Old 06-15-2011, 07:51 PM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,152,437 times
Reputation: 2130
Quote:
Originally Posted by huddledmasses View Post
I have no idea what you are talking about or how you would think I care if Chinese illegally immigrated to Mexico. I don't care if they go there, not 1 bit. You are the one caught in your own statements of not wanting other races to come here and alter the demographics (which means outnumber the white folk).
Oh, stop pretending that you don't understand the question. You know damned well that Mexicans in Mexico would not welcome an illegal invasion by the Chinese or anyone else and rightly so. Funny though that they have no problem or conscience about illegal invading ours. I am trying to point out the hypocricy of all of this and you know it.

You're lying by saying that I don't want other races coming here when I plainly said I dont' care who comes here as long as they come legally. Don't ever put words in my mouth that aren't true! This has nothing to do with race and everything to do with status in this country but no country including ours wants their demographics changed via illegal immigration and there isn't a damned thing racist about that!
 
Old 06-15-2011, 07:59 PM
 
5,907 posts, read 6,356,056 times
Reputation: 5447
Quote:
Originally Posted by huddledmasses View Post
No, including all the taxes they pay in that they never receive back it is in fact a net benefit on our economy. You guys like ignoring everything beneficial and just keep hammering on those costs huh?
LOL....We went over this many times, it is a net loss when adding up all the costs that illegal immigrants and their American born children receive.

But don't let facts keep you from defending law breakers. What's next, bank robbers?
 
Old 06-15-2011, 08:01 PM
 
951 posts, read 616,961 times
Reputation: 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by VLWH View Post
LOL....We went over this many times, it is a net loss when adding up all the costs that illegal immigrants and their American born children receive.

But don't let facts keep you from defending law breakers. What's next, bank robbers?
Ummm no it's not, as they pay billions in federal taxes and social security that they never receive. Speaking of law breakers, I suggest we start treating speeders like bank robbers too to keep up with your level of hyperbole. You game?

Quote:
Ford, of Middle Tennessee State University, said a majority of economists agree that illegal immigrants are a net benefit for the U.S. economy.
He said the tax contributions from illegal immigrants, including sales taxes, property taxes and excise taxes (such as the gas tax), are significant.
He calculates that illegal immigrants contributed $428 billion dollars to the nation's $13.6 trillion gross domestic product in 2006. That number assumes illegal immigrants are 30% less productive than other workers.
"If anything we need more immigrants coming into the country, not less, especially with the baby boomers retiring," he said.

http://www.usatoday.com/money/perfi/...ntstaxes_N.htm
 
Old 06-15-2011, 08:15 PM
 
Location: Oklahoma(formerly SoCalif) Originally Mich,
13,387 posts, read 16,207,047 times
Reputation: 4611
Quote:
huddledmasses;wrote: No, it's completely conducive to that and like economics 101.
Quote:
A pool of cheap labor willing to work hard is very, very good for the economy.
It allows many basic goods and services to be cheap, and allow us to spend our money elsewhere, which encourages growth. Growth produces jobs.
Conducive to who?

So what your saying is that, in your opinion, This is an "Equal Oppritunity Program" that benefits all US Citizens, despite the number of violations to the US Laws and Constitution? ..

.When the day comes where illegal immigration affects your ability
to live a nornal life..(and it will)....... just remember which side of the fence your've standing on.
 
Old 06-15-2011, 08:23 PM
 
951 posts, read 616,961 times
Reputation: 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
Conducive to who?
Everyone? I mean I figured it was explanatory but I guess I can explain that you saving money on cheaper peaches and onions or carpentry work, lawn care, etc. allows you to spend your money on other things or save it, both of which enrich your life immediately. I could continue with the basic idea that you spending your saved money in the market allows other people to benefit also. This continued effect causes growth, creating jobs, etc. etc.

Quote:
just remember which side of the fence your've standing on.
Probably the same side as the minorities that stood their ground on issues like civil rights and women's suffrage

Last edited by huddledmasses; 06-15-2011 at 08:43 PM..
 
Old 06-15-2011, 08:36 PM
 
1,595 posts, read 2,277,376 times
Reputation: 845
Quote:
Originally Posted by huddledmasses View Post
Ummm no it's not, as they pay billions in federal taxes and social security that they never receive. Speaking of law breakers, I suggest we start treating speeders like bank robbers too to keep up with your level of hyperbole. You game?



Many illegal immigrants pay up at tax time - USATODAY.com
How could they be paying into social security and federal tax when most if not all work off the books? If there are illegals paid on the books has anyone considered they haven't been paying into it long enough to collect yet and/or they aren't retirement age yet. I mean really why should anyone collect social security for umpteen years when they only just started contributing. You think my contributions to SS go to me now when I have been contributing for years and years, of course not so why should anyone else.

Cheap labor will eventually catch up to us all. No more being able to afford that nice house with the picket fence and all those vacations I can't afford for everyone else. No more middle class or upper middle class. It will eventually lead to poor and rich ....period.
 
Old 06-15-2011, 08:39 PM
 
951 posts, read 616,961 times
Reputation: 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by cantthinkofaname View Post
How could they be paying into social security and federal tax when most if not all work off the books?
From the article:

Quote:
The Social Security Administration estimates that about three-quarters of illegal workers pay taxes that contribute to the overall solvency of Social Security and Medicare.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top