U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2011, 01:10 AM

951 posts, read 617,485 times

Advertisements

Americans haven't worked in the farming industry for many years? I mean, my relatives did that from day 1 in this country afaik. If 11k job openings is only reflecting 3% of Georgia's illegal population leaving the state I'm sure other industries in that state will be feeling the pain soon too. It's just news now because there are hundreds of millions of dollars of crops going to waste very soon.

Is your position now "Americans will do all those other jobs, just not farming"?

Old 06-16-2011, 01:11 AM

3,493 posts, read 2,389,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by huddledmasses View Post
LOL. They want jobs not your subsidies. Give it up the rhetoric already.
At wages so low (because they have no skills or education to demand any better) they will need subsidies to survive. Admit the facts already. Millions of Americans also want jobs. Why should we cater to law breakers instead of our own citizens?

Who cares what they want? They are not citizens. If they want something let them demand it of their own government rather than the American taxpayer.

Old 06-16-2011, 01:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleanora1 View Post
At wages so low (because they have no skills or education to demand any better) they will need subsidies to survive. Admit the facts already.
Yet millions of illegal immigrants without kids do it all the time or are you insinuating every illegal immigrant family has a kid?

Quote:
Who cares what they want? They are not citizens. If they want something let them demand it of their own government rather than the American taxpayer.
Quote:
They would happily come legally if there were an option. You already stated you don't like that idea either so you might as well quit towing the legality line. Just say you don't want Mexicans coming here period because that's where we're at here.

imo

Old 06-16-2011, 01:16 AM

Quote:
LOL. They want jobs not your subsidies. Give it up the rhetoric already. They would happily come legally if there were an option. You already stated you don't like that idea either so you might as well quit towing the legality line. Just say you don't want Mexicans coming here period because that's where we're at here.
Give up the accusations of racism already. My opposition to illegal immigration, like most posters, is not grounded in anyone's skin color or ethnicity. My opposition is grounded in being asked to subsidize it. Our immigration laws should be designed to serve needs of Americans not the desires of Mexico's underclass.

But keep patting yourself on the back as you pretend otherwise. Because clearly your only argument here is to make yourself feel good while hurling accusations of racism at your opponents.

Old 06-16-2011, 01:18 AM

Quote:
Yet millions of illegal immigrants without kids do it all the time or are you insinuating every illegal immigrant family has a kid?

imo
I am merely pointing out facts. Most illegals have few job skills and do not speak English. Over half are from Mexico. If facts offend you well I suppose that makes you an illegal immigration supporter.

Old 06-16-2011, 01:20 AM

5,302 posts, read 4,019,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleanora1 View Post
...My opposition is grounded in being asked to subsidize it. Our immigration laws should be designed to serve needs of Americans not the desires of Mexico's underclass...
But you do understand that USCIS is funded by petition fees, not by taxpayers?...

Old 06-16-2011, 01:20 AM

Those facts don't offend me. The fact you keep making the whole lot of Mexican immigrants out to be welfare thieves, usurpers and anchor baby droppers despite evidence of them working jobs even you admit Americans won't do makes you either a racist, someone misinformed and holding racist thoughts or beliefs, or at the very least someone who is leaning on some very stereotypical hearsay.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration