U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2011, 07:37 PM

2,798 posts, read 5,381,802 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowitsshowtime View Post
So because its a "law", that means its right? It's just great getting bills for $1,600 for a few stitches and the illegal pays nothing.

So why exactly should I care if I have health insurance again? Next time I'll just have a blank stare, not speak English, and live at 123 Thank you St, and so long, send the bill to the rest of the citizens.
How about we request that our hospital bills be sent to:

la Residencia Oficial de Los Pinos
c/o Felipe Calderon

Old 06-07-2011, 03:57 AM

3,855 posts, read 4,097,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
You really need to hang out in front of an ER and see the cases coming in. Most of the cases aren't ER worthy. The Illegals use the ER as their primary physician.
Hang out in a ER to see what? First of all, Im not a Health Professional to assess everyones health concerns and secondly Im not in the triage to see that everyone's medical concerns are an "emergency". I'll leave that to those that are trainned.

Quote:
An emergency medical condition is defined as "a condition manifesting itself by acute symptoms of sufficient severity (including severe pain) such that the absence of immediate medical attention could reasonably be expected to result in placing the individual's health [or the health of an unborn child] in serious jeopardy, serious impairment to bodily functions, or serious dysfunction of bodily organs." For example, a pregnant woman with an emergency condition must be treated until delivery is complete, unless a transfer under the statute is appropriate.
Can those determinations be done from a chair in the ER waiting room?

Old 06-07-2011, 09:21 AM

32,957 posts, read 30,215,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
Hang out in a ER to see what? First of all, Im not a Health Professional to assess everyones health concerns and secondly Im not in the triage to see that everyone's medical concerns are an "emergency". I'll leave that to those that are trainned.

Can those determinations be done from a chair in the ER waiting room?
Do what I had to do. Take someone in who fell through a window and sit, wait, observe and listen. All while the person is bleeding from the glass that went in.

Step one

1. How can I help you
A: No habla Engles
2. to the Spanish speaker clerk.
3. In Spanish, Do you have insurance.
4 In Spanish, No
5. List your "ailment". Sniffles, cough, crying, a small scrape, a sun burn, mesquito bites ( this all happened the last time I was there). Repeat about 17 more times while waiting.
6. Wait 4 hours to be sent to a room.
7.Wait 7 more hours to be seen.

Old 06-07-2011, 08:17 PM

2,798 posts, read 5,381,802 times
In a Mesa, AZ emergency room my daughter, who had a broken ankle, was refused the use of the one remaining wheelchair because they needed it for an illegal immigrant woman who had broken FINGER! This is a FACT! At the time I did not have medical insurance, and they also wouldn't qualify me for assistance to pay the bill. They prescribed my daughter pain killers and told me to take her to a doctor for further evaluation, with a BROKEN ankle, which ended up healing improperly. However, the illegal immigrant WAS approved for medical aid and had her broken finger splinted.

How do I know she was illegal? Because my daugter's half-Mexican friend was with us and she heard the woman explain in Spanish that she had no job, no insurance, was waiting for welfare help and that her husband was still living in Mexico. The home address she provided was for one in MEXICO!

Old 06-07-2011, 08:33 PM

5,302 posts, read 4,025,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyanna View Post
...How do I know she was illegal? Because my daugter's half-Mexican friend was with us and she heard the woman explain in Spanish that she had no job, no insurance, was waiting for welfare help and that her husband was still living in Mexico. The home address she provided was for one in MEXICO!
And this still doesn't necessarily mean that she was an illegal immigrant...

Old 06-07-2011, 09:30 PM

6,526 posts, read 7,591,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
And this still doesn't necessarily mean that she was an illegal immigrant...
C'mon dude...... Survey Says................................

Old 06-07-2011, 09:40 PM

14,307 posts, read 11,180,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
C'mon dude...... Survey Says................................
Anytime the negative truth comes out about illegal aliens expect their defenders to come out of the woodwork in here and try to minimize or deny something as plain as the nose on your face.

Old 06-07-2011, 10:07 PM

5,302 posts, read 4,025,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Anytime the negative truth comes out about illegal aliens expect their defenders to come out of the woodwork in here and try to minimize or deny something as plain as the nose on your face.
There is no way with any certainty that the woman can be determined to be an illegal alien...

Language use, current location of spouse, lack of job, lack of insurance, and welfare use do not collectively define immigration or citizenship status...

Barring a time machine and mind scanner, you can't even verify that the girl was hearing or translating correctly...

Old 06-08-2011, 12:58 AM

3,718 posts, read 4,613,266 times
So what are everyone suggestions on how to fix this growing issue?

Old 06-08-2011, 08:06 AM

14,307 posts, read 11,180,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joke Insurance View Post
So what are everyone suggestions on how to fix this growing issue?
It has been reiterated in here over and over. Search the topics.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration