U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 06-09-2011, 12:38 PM
 
Location: Dallas, TX
43 posts, read 33,491 times
Reputation: 46

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
We need to start making ID a requirement and and asking who is legal and who is not.

There are jut way too many illegals here.
QFT. I have a friend who has Canadian citizenship, and she said each LEGAL resident has his or her own "care card," with a number on it similar to the SSN. If you don't have this card, you will be denied medical care. We need to do this.

 
Old 06-09-2011, 12:55 PM
 
Location: SouthCentral Texas
3,855 posts, read 4,088,107 times
Reputation: 957
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLer2562 View Post
QFT. I have a friend who has Canadian citizenship, and she said each LEGAL resident has his or her own "care card," with a number on it similar to the SSN. If you don't have this card, you will be denied medical care. We need to do this.

Quote:
Each B.C. resident enroled with the Medical Services Plan (MSP) is given a CareCard with a unique lifetime identifier for health care called a personal health number.
??????
 
Old 06-09-2011, 01:47 PM
 
Location: NW Las Vegas - Lone Mountain
15,756 posts, read 32,504,841 times
Reputation: 2661
[quote=ditchlights;19516099]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post

And that argument is the main jist of this thread. The main question is "Really.... How hard is it to do this?" It seems like such a simple thing, and it should be. What is wrong with our system? It seems like basic common sense, yet we continue to allow this nonsense. It is nothing short of a slap in the face to the average everyday person that has to live life and pay their dues like every other CITIZEN. The fact of the matter is that our government just DOES NOT CARE, and no politician would dare introduce this type of legislation for fear of ruining their reelection odds with the Hispanic community. The bottom line is that hispanics that are here legally support amnesty, and that topic is paramount in how they vote.



Defies logic is damn right! That's why the thread title is "I must be stupid. Could someone explain to me how this works?". Any person with half a brain can see what is going on, yet................ the madness continues.
The madness was in allowing the thing to occur and then grow to huge size.

Again...ICE has absolutely no problem identifying illegal aliens by the thousands. But it has the resources to deal only with a small percent.

So it ignores in general people not either criminal, easily deal with or guilty of multiple entries.

Anyone who is ill is a very bad pick. They cost money...can end up hospitalized and may prove difficult to deport.

ICE picks the ripest and the easiest. But ICE is orders of magnitude to small to deal with all.

So hundreds of billions of dollars and many years or find another way.
 
Old 06-09-2011, 04:17 PM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,819,795 times
Reputation: 3028
Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt View Post

The madness was in allowing the thing to occur and then grow to huge size.
Agreed. But, it would be even more absurd to allow the madness to continue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt View Post
Again...ICE has absolutely no problem identifying illegal aliens by the thousands. But it has the resources to deal only with a small percent.
If ICE is unable to adequately uphold the laws of this land, then they need to hire more agents. While we squander billions in Iraq and Afghanistan, our own country is being overrun by parasitic criminal aliens. We need to spend the money here, where it is desperately needed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt View Post
So it ignores in general people not either criminal, easily deal with or guilty of multiple entries.
How does ICE differentiate between a regular criminal alien, and a violent or repeat offender, unless they are first apprehended?

Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt View Post
Anyone who is ill is a very bad pick. They cost money...can end up hospitalized and may prove difficult to deport.
If they are THAT sick, they don’t need to be here. It makes more sense to deport, than to stick taxpayers with million dollar hospital bills, as has been the case with more than a few illegal aliens. Furthermore, ALL illegals are deportable, regardless of their medical condition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt View Post
ICE picks the ripest and the easiest. But ICE is orders of magnitude to small to deal with all.

So hundreds of billions of dollars and many years or find another way.
How do you define the ripest and easiest? If they are “known” illegals, they should be deported, period. Please explain why it would cost billions and take years to deny illegal aliens medical treatment.

Bottom line: We are NOT obligated either legally or morally to provide illegal aliens with non-emergency medical treatment. And, ditchlights is right – we must stop the madness, NOW!
 
Old 06-09-2011, 05:12 PM
 
Location: Southern Willamette Valley, Oregon
6,468 posts, read 7,559,528 times
Reputation: 12140
When you have THIS idiot running the country, it is no wonder why things are as they are. How dare he draw comparisons between border jumpers and those who passed through Ellis Island. How more insulting can this POTUS be?


YouTube - ‪RealClearPolitics Video Obama We Are All Connected Whether You Crossed Rio Grande Or Landed on Ellis Island‬‏
 
Old 06-09-2011, 05:21 PM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,819,795 times
Reputation: 3028
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
When you have THIS idiot running the country, it is no wonder why things are as they are. How dare he draw comparisons between border jumpers and those who passed through Ellis Island. How more insulting can this POTUS be?


YouTube - ‪RealClearPolitics Video Obama We Are All Connected Whether You Crossed Rio Grande Or Landed on Ellis Island‬‏
It’s sickening! I am willing to admit when I’m wrong, and I admit I made a HUGE mistake when I cast my vote for Obama. This is certainly not the “change” I expected.
 
Old 06-09-2011, 05:30 PM
 
Location: NW Las Vegas - Lone Mountain
15,756 posts, read 32,504,841 times
Reputation: 2661
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
When you have THIS idiot running the country, it is no wonder why things are as they are. How dare he draw comparisons between border jumpers and those who passed through Ellis Island. How more insulting can this POTUS be?


[]
So you are saying that if your Ancestors crossed the Rio Grand or otherwise came in illegally you are somehow reduced? I am a lesser citizen than you because I have a Grandfather who was likely an illegal? Do I get added points for the two whose forebearers came in before the civil war?

Do you understand what you are saying?
 
Old 06-09-2011, 05:38 PM
 
Location: San Diego
32,810 posts, read 30,061,070 times
Reputation: 17697
Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt View Post
So you are saying that if your Ancestors crossed the Rio Grand or otherwise came in illegally you are somehow reduced? I am a lesser citizen than you because I have a Grandfather who was likely an illegal? Do I get added points for the two whose forebearers came in before the civil war?

Do you understand what you are saying?
I understand. Your Grandfather broke the law. I hope you are not one of those that rant on about how proud you are he did that? Most people that have family that are criminals are ashamed of it.

What if your Grandfather robbed a bunch of banks for millions. Would you take that money as an inheritance?
 
Old 06-09-2011, 05:39 PM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,155,041 times
Reputation: 2130
Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt View Post
So you are saying that if your Ancestors crossed the Rio Grand or otherwise came in illegally you are somehow reduced? I am a lesser citizen than you because I have a Grandfather who was likely an illegal? Do I get added points for the two whose forebearers came in before the civil war?

Do you understand what you are saying?
I can't believe you don't understand what the poster is saying. He is saying that is wrong for Obama to compare those who came through Ellis Island "legally" yesterday to those who are jumping our borders and coming here "illegally" today. It has nothing to do with those who are citizens today.
 
Old 06-09-2011, 05:48 PM
 
Location: NW Las Vegas - Lone Mountain
15,756 posts, read 32,504,841 times
Reputation: 2661
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Agreed. But, it would be even more absurd to allow the madness to continue.
If you really though that why would you continue to press the status quo virtually guaranteeing it gets worse?

Quote:
If ICE is unable to adequately uphold the laws of this land, then they need to hire more agents. While we squander billions in Iraq and Afghanistan, our own country is being overrun by parasitic criminal aliens. We need to spend the money here, where it is desperately needed.
If you want a dead at the starting gate proposition try proposing increasing the size of ICE by a factor of 10.

And I agree we need to get out of the ME and spend the money here...on productive things...not bigger police forces.



Quote:
How does ICE differentiate between a regular criminal alien, and a violent or repeat offender, unless they are first apprehended?
More than they can handle falls into their hands. They simple harvest.


Quote:
If they are THAT sick, they don’t need to be here. It makes more sense to deport, than to stick taxpayers with million dollar hospital bills, as has been the case with more than a few illegal aliens. Furthermore, ALL illegals are deportable, regardless of their medical condition.
Actually medical ethics makes it difficult or impossible to send a really sick alien back. You need a facility that will accept him and has the required capabliity. That is virtually impossible in many situations. There are a couple of significant suits where hospitals have done that and the patient has not been well treated at the other end.

Maybe in your mad pursuit of illegals you suggest medical ethics be modified to not apply?

Note that ICE avoids such illegals like the plague. They know you can't effectively deport them and may pay forever. And the strange way we have our laws set the hospitals have no way to unload the patient to a long term care facility even if it is the correct thing to do.



Quote:
How do you define the ripest and easiest? If they are “known” illegals, they should be deported, period. Please explain why it would cost billions and take years to deny illegal aliens medical treatment.
Easiest are those arrested at the border in the act. They generally volunteer to be immediately returned home. The ripest are those in prison for criminal offenses...I think all agree They are the first to go.

We do deny illegals medical treatment unless they can pay for it. Note that we willingly supply it if they can pay. It is only emergency treatment we provide them with. It is the poor that we protect not the illegal. I would personally oppose any attempt to change that law. We are a civilized people even though some of you doubt it.

Quote:
Bottom line: We are NOT obligated either legally or morally to provide illegal aliens with non-emergency medical treatment. And, ditchlights is right – we must stop the madness, NOW!
Why do you state the obvious and in place as something else? We do not supply medical treatment except on an emergency basis. If some hospitals do more - take it up with the hospitals.

We do not need to get rid of the illegals by allowing their children to die in the driveways of our hospitals.

It is difficult to understand what kind of people you are who can suggest such a thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top