Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2011, 07:00 AM

50,270 posts, read 47,032,885 times

Advertisements

North Carolina Bill Targets Illegal Immigrants In Schools - News Story - WSOC Charlotte

Gutsy move that will get protested but makes nothing but sense.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2011, 07:28 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,317,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
North Carolina Bill Targets Illegal Immigrants In Schools - News Story - WSOC Charlotte

Gutsy move that will get protested but makes nothing but sense.
Absolutely. We will take back our country one state at a time in spite of the feds lack of enforcement of our immigration laws and securing our borders.

Old 06-02-2011, 07:55 PM

3,854 posts, read 4,835,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Absolutely. We will take back our country one state at a time in spite of the feds lack of enforcement of our immigration laws and securing our borders.
How exactly does this law change the status quo? Illegal alien students are allowed[by a US Supreme court ruling] to attend public school... so that is our immigration law.

Note to forum readers: This is a right held by illegal aliens students. The right to a public education. For all those not clear on the rights held by illegal aliens. Here's one example.

Old 06-03-2011, 06:19 PM

50,270 posts, read 47,032,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
How exactly does this law change the status quo? Illegal alien students are allowed[by a US Supreme court ruling] to attend public school... so that is our immigration law.

Note to forum readers: This is a right held by illegal aliens students. The right to a public education. For all those not clear on the rights held by illegal aliens. Here's one example.
So, what is your take? Should we educate the entire child population of Mexico and Guatemala? Wouldn't it make more sense to just send the money to the two Countries to build better schools?

Old 06-03-2011, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
So, what is your take? Should we educate the entire child population of Mexico and Guatemala? Wouldn't it make more sense to just send the money to the two Countries to build better schools?
Soon we will hear crickets chirping.

Old 06-03-2011, 06:44 PM

2,871 posts, read 4,792,232 times
Quote:

Yes, this may be true now...But, like I've said before, it's going to start changing state by state. Our illegal immigration laws will be changed. All the whining and abuse of our system has finally awoken the dragon. Americans are not asleep any more!

You can continue to spin it all you want, but the gravy train is going to end! There's no gratitude for all they've already been given, they only want more.

Old 06-05-2011, 11:56 AM

16,225 posts, read 27,428,143 times
This is the first step. I just registered my child for K for September - I had to provide an original birth certificate, along with immunization records. Bravo. And I live in CA - I was shocked but impressed by the school's guts to do this.

No one is saying the illegal kids can't attend school - and from the article, it is foolish for a student to conclude that all the other children will know who doesn't have a birth certificate. Why would the registration office reveal who does and does not provide a cert? It's not like they are going to be treated differently, or have to wear an arm band or something.

I believe this is the first step in getting a handle on the tidal wave of money going to education lately. The schools are constantly crying about budget cuts, so why are they so offended when legislation is brought up to see who we are educating?

Once the states, and the country as a whole can properly assess how many illegals we are educating, we can evaluate whether we can afford to continue this practice. My guess - we can't afford it.

Old 06-05-2011, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
This is the first step. I just registered my child for K for September - I had to provide an original birth certificate, along with immunization records. Bravo. And I live in CA - I was shocked but impressed by the school's guts to do this.

No one is saying the illegal kids can't attend school - and from the article, it is foolish for a student to conclude that all the other children will know who doesn't have a birth certificate. Why would the registration office reveal who does and does not provide a cert? It's not like they are going to be treated differently, or have to wear an arm band or something.

I believe this is the first step in getting a handle on the tidal wave of money going to education lately. The schools are constantly crying about budget cuts, so why are they so offended when legislation is brought up to see who we are educating?

Once the states, and the country as a whole can properly assess how many illegals we are educating, we can evaluate whether we can afford to continue this practice. My guess - we can't afford it.
I do so agree and there would be no guess about. We cannot afford to educate illegal foreigners.

Old 06-05-2011, 02:35 PM

1,448 posts, read 3,106,411 times
Someone needs to educate illegal immigrant parents that school is not free. Maybe they would have fewer kids, or delay child bearing.

Old 06-07-2011, 11:09 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,416,507 times
Quote:

I have to agree with you although I wouldn't term it as a right. Since public education is not a right for anyone at the federal level.

SCOTUS has ruled illegals can access public education and any law that circumvent that would be deemed unconstitutional.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration