U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 06-26-2011, 12:22 PM
 
19 posts, read 21,719 times
Reputation: 21

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twentythreeizzle View Post
You just made the case for how inaccurate racial profiling is.

You have obviously never been race profiled so its a concept that can be hard for you to imagine. You have never had law enforcement try to intimidate you because he is part of the good ole boy network in Tennessee. I have had people NOT BELIEVE me when I said I was American, though I was born on an AFB in New Hampshire.
You are correct, I haven't been profiled and you make good points. So then what would you suggest? Because I know people who go the hard route, they are foreigners and it takes them 10 years to be citizens and they are livid that illegals seem to be catered to by this country and people are outraged that something is being done.

It is what it is. You're right I've never been profiled. At the same time, if there were many people who looked like me entering a country illegal, I would not be surprised or insulted if I was carded or checked. If you have the documents, then you show them. Case closed. Don't people get checked into customs when they go into other countries? Don't people get their luggage checked and looked at? But the moment it happens to a hispanic or a black person the race card is screamed. I don't hear asians, or even the chinese who are crying foul all the time and making uproars. And their not the ones coming in waves here illegally.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-26-2011, 12:46 PM
 
Location: Madison city, alabama
249 posts, read 292,023 times
Reputation: 316
I know the guy that spear headed the bill seams like a big racist, which i do belive he is, we need to get rid of him. I am a independent and totally non-religious person but i am here to tell you that the immigration problem has been growing for a couple of years now. I want the bill to do what it says it is going to do and put American's back to work. I am tired of the illegals bring down a town or a state. I have seem what it has done to other states and i don't want it happen to Alabama.
Alabama is a southern state with southern values, there still remains certain kinds of people and yep we have the luck of having them in our state legislator. there are so many great things about Alabama that i love. I am just grateful that our politicians looked hard enough and cared to save us from hell in a couple of years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-26-2011, 12:55 PM
 
19 posts, read 21,719 times
Reputation: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twentythreeizzle View Post
Just re-read this entire thing.. wow.. I am thinking you have are VERY young and have never left your little bubble.

1. Canadians do come here illegally and they live mostly in the North. Have you been to Vermont? Its hard to spot them because they look just like us.

2. A large part of the Caribbean IS BLACK and while many DO come here legally, there are also many who dont. Case it point:Miami.

3. Have you noticed on forms where it says White, non hispanic, or hispanic?

Hispanic is like Cheese, you can order it everything. There are black hispanics, and white hispanics that are blonde with blue eyes from s. america.
S. Americans come in every single color imaginable, and even Mexico has a spectrum of color from very fair to tejano (that's the brown shade you see most often on the laborers who work in the sun). Race profiling SPECIFICALLY TARGETS the darker demographic because its easy to do so. Its wildly inaccurate and won't do a thing to a. secure the border or 2. produce jobs

When you were first looking for a job, did you apply to be a hotel maid? I look around at the unemployed college students and not one is applying to be a maid okay. The jobs they want are skilled labor.

And if you look at America's birthrate, we just aren't producing enough people and talent on our own to be competitive and sustain economic growth. We have to import human capital for a reason. It spans from laborers in the fields to engineers. And make no mistake that many of those field laborers are here on a visa, though they may not have citizenship.

1) Yes, actually I lived in VT and family is there. I also taught in VT. No, there were not Canadian illegals. Have YOU been to Northern VT? Try getting a job there. Canadians are not leaving Canada to go to Norther VT.

2) Miami is a hell hole and everybody knows it. ILLEGALS everywhere. Not to mention a lot is run by the Cuban mafia -- dog fighting, illegal horse-slaugher, ****-fighting -- all part of latino culture is RAMPANT. Just google it and do your homework. Not only that Miami's education system is deplorable and it's a hellhole? It wasn't that way before all the Mexicans and hispanics flooded the gates.

White, hispanic/White nonhispanic -- Yes, and I noticed this is very recent. There was NO White (nonhispanic, white hispanic section) in the past -- That is NEW -- Everyone is hispanic -- the whole country is!! And now it is on the census. Since where are hispanic (white) -- seriously. So tired of all the PC BS. Do you know how many whites are french, canadian? Irish, Italian? How about German, Irish, Lithuanian, Canadian -- and American. I don't see this stuff on the census. So an Scottish, French, German, Italian who was born and raised in the US along with their great grandparents and lives in NJ is "white" -- but if they are German, French, Spanish -- ohhhh! Hispanic!! Ya see???

<"Hispanic is like Cheese, you can order it everything.">


Yeah, and so is every other damn nationality out there based on mixed ethnicities. So why don't you say "white, italian, non-white italian" -- maybe because it's all politics!

There are VERY few black hispanics in the US. Look on census data maps. Everyone knows blacks and hispanics aren't the best of friends. As far as blue-eyed blonde hispanics -- yes, there are some. Not many. I dated one -- many years ago. And he was from Puerto Rico and lived in the US (mainland). Puerto Rico is a pit too (minus a vacation spot) and my God, the strays and educational system. Fact is -- Americans who aren't hispanic don't want to live in Mexico.


3) <"Race profiling SPECIFICALLY TARGETS the darker demographic because its easy to do so. Its wildly inaccurate and won't do a thing to a. secure the border">

I call your BS on that and we all KNOW it is not "wildly inaccurate."

Keeping illegals out won't produce jobs, no -- but it will offer jobs to Americans and make the greedy gut employers up the pay scale and hire our own.


THEY ARE ILLEGAL -- this makes me furious.


Oh, give it up on the American birthrate. The population has increased and hispanics are making up for EVERYONE. Did you ever hear of population density? We are overpopulating the planet. Ever hear of "carrying capacity" -- of course not. Look up the Pacific Garbage Patch and see the filth in the oceans. We have long surpased carrying capacity. Ever take a biology course, an ecology course? And you think we need to keep reproducing? We've reproduced like far worse than any cockroach or flea. And hispanics don't know when to stop.

Everyone knows it, everyone who is not hispanic talks about it. We all hate it. In the US, it's mexicans (and 'hispanics') that are ruining this country and in Europe it's Arabs -- Muslims -- you just don't know when to stop having kids and enough is enough. There's no turning back. It's already out of control -- biologically, scientifically, environmentally. And if it continues, there will be no quality of life, no green trees, no pretty parks -- just a cesspool of concrete, no greenery, animal abuse, and lack of education. Come on, bring it all here to the US, why don't ya. We can have all of Florida turn into Miami -- woohoo. You do realize that every white person either runs from Miami or lives there and hates it. I know many. It's a sewer and anyone who visits, esp. those who prefer greenery, fresh air, and safety, call it one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-26-2011, 01:32 PM
 
Location: New York, NY – on the west bank of the East River
1,978 posts, read 3,109,345 times
Reputation: 1179
Quote:
Originally Posted by vaughanwilliams View Post
You mean could I screw up a corporation and the world economy and walk away with a golden parachute? Most certainly.
I'm always amused how people who don't have a pot to pee worship the rich (talk about class envy). It must be the old "I'm gonna win the lottery and join the country club someday" complex.

Most people in this country are one major event in their lives away from being destitute.
I don't believe I necessarily agree with you here, BUT your location listing is freaking awesome. Bravo señor!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-26-2011, 01:34 PM
 
19 posts, read 21,719 times
Reputation: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twentythreeizzle View Post
Just re-read this entire thing.. wow.. I am thinking you have are VERY young and have never left your little bubble.

1. Canadians do come here illegally and they live mostly in the North. Have you been to Vermont? Its hard to spot them because they look just like us.

2. A large part of the Caribbean IS BLACK and while many DO come here legally, there are also many who dont. Case it point:Miami.
Still not getting over your Canada/Vt analagy. I guess you didn't think I actually lived in VT, taught in N. Vt and have family there, did ya? Yeah, there are oh so many illegal Canadians in VT. Jobs are hard to come by, and it's not particularly inexpensive. Thank GOD it's green and relatively untouched and still quaint and supports local. Good old New England, not yet tarnished and destroyed by Puerto Rican culture, Mexican culture, Latino culture etc. There are few Canadians in VT or Maine living there illegally. Northern VT, what are they going to do? Make a living going hunting, building log cabins and driving with bumperstickers saying "I brake for moose" (as we all should). VT is not having a serious Canadian illegal immigration problem.

However the southern states are and for that matter, mexicans (hispanics, latinos -- whatever your preference in terminology) seem to go everywhere. They don't seem to like the cold though, so all of the rest of us -- of all nationalities, will have to hike north. And at this point, it's only a matter of time with the way hispanics are reproducing (in once city a 2034% increase in hispanics in the past ten years). Look on the interactive maps from the US census. Every city, every burb. It will horrify you -- at least everyone who is not hispanic or not tied with illegals or not in lala land in a pc denial/utopia, not in touch with reality (or equality) for that matter. What about my rights? What about the rights of the people who are taking the legal route to citizenship. What about those who ar self-employed who can't get health insurance but illegal immigrants and mexicans can? and they can get services? You don't see college grads working as maids and so on -- there are whites and nonwhite americans who do housecleaning. I know of quite a number. The reason you see less and less is because employers can hire illegals for dirt cheap, make more of a profit and americans who would do the work for a higher pay, don't have the jobs available to them.

Not to mention, we don't want to live in Mexico and Mexicans bring Mexico with them. They do not embrace American culture, learn to speak English -- then they cry foul. People are peeved in this country -- as they should be. They have every right to be. And the protests getting all upset because people are finally addressing the illegal immigration problem are absurd.

What makes it worse is Obama gave out 150,000 guest work visas to Mexico, other countries in S. America (I forget which ones), countries in Africa, including the Congo, and countries in Eastern Europe, at a time where unemployment among Americans is high and the worst -- I think ever in US history except in the great depression. 9-11% unemployment in half the states in the US is surreal. This is an Obama issue, not a Bush issue. I didn't like Bush, nor did I vote for Bush, but unemployment was actually decreasing in his term. It's been 3 years, and unemployment is outrageous. But there's Obama inviting 150,000 foreigners from African and South American countries to come and work in the US. Most Americans do not know this. Or they would be protesting.

Not to mention Obama gave money and bailout to McDonalds and big banks and loves the illegals. It should seem. Anything to win. Hispanics will be the majority in 2018. Probably early -- exponential population growth. Look up "exponential" and see the problem.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-27-2011, 10:09 AM
 
Location: Dalton Gardens
2,798 posts, read 5,364,877 times
Reputation: 1570
Even the colder states aren't safe. I have a cousin in Alaska who tells me that Hispanic gang crime is on the rise there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-27-2011, 04:46 PM
 
16 posts, read 24,572 times
Reputation: 18
CassieM,
Since you have never had a profiling experience, I will share my two with you. I am a Black Male. My only run in with law enforcement has been for two speeding tickets. I was guilty and both tickets were given to me by white officers. The exchanges with these officers were polite and they were extremely professional. Other than that, I have never been the subject of a police inquiry. I was in my 20s when one event occurred and early 30s when the second incident occurred. The cars I was driving were plain looking automobiles, no rims, dark tints, exactly how they looked when purchased.


SUMMATON of the first occurrence:
I was stopped by a Kentucky State Trooper returning from a trip to visit my girlfriend who is my wife of 19 years now. The questions asked by the trooper are as follows:
1) Where are you going?
2) Where have you been?
3) What were you doing down there?
4) Who were you there to see? (As I stated I had been to see me girlfriend, the officer looked at me and said, “Right, that’s what they all say.” Now that this officer believed I was lying and I’ve never had a bad experience with a police officer, I became frighten because I was traveling alone, not sure where I was and trying to figure out what was going on. The questions continued.
5) Are you in school?
6) What do you do?
7) Where do you work?
8) Does this car belong to you?

At this point the officer took my license started back to his car while another car stopped behind his car. He had a chat with the driver for 5 minutes, returned my license and told me I could go. The reason he stopped me, I was tailing a truck to close.

SUMMATON of the second occurrence:
I was stopped by a Tennessee State Trooper returning from a business trip. It was the day before Thanksgiving and I had picked my sister and two young nephews up as my extended family was going to visit our home for the holiday. The questions asked by the trooper are as follows:

1) Where are you going? He asked for my license started to leave, pause and asked the next question.
2) Do you have any guns or drugs in the car?
3) If I search your car will I find guns or drugs?
4) Who is traveling with you?
5) Who had your car before you left on this trip? (I explain to him the car was at the mechanics getting an oil change and minor tune up before the trip.)
6) Do you want me to search your car for drugs so that you will be sure you don’t have any drugs in your car? He asked me to stand far away from my car as he called in my license. I felt humiliated as everyone drove by looked at me as if I was a criminal. He came back and told me I could leave. The reason he stopped me, I was tailing a truck to close.

CassieM you say, “But the moment it happens to a hispanic or a black person the race card is screamed.” This asinine comment is played all the time. No, I did not call Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson, or the NAACP, no marches. I play I am an “American Citizen” card supposedly living in a free country and do not like big intrusive government that can literally reach out and touch you. I don’t think any law abiding citizen, white, black, blue or brown should be at the whim of government in this manner. Yes, it will happen because it has already occurred. So no, I choose not to be politically correct and support citizens taking one for the team to please you. My experiences were scary and until you encounter such, do not make assumptions for others.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-30-2011, 10:51 PM
 
13 posts, read 12,298 times
Reputation: 12
We were talking about the race profile law not every stereotype under the sun about every race possible.

I think the race profile law is unethical and will give the racist spirit a legal leg to stand on. I also think American citizens who are any shade of brown will get tangled up on it. There are people who HAVE to move to Alabama because of their job and not because they want to.

Its another law that impedes on American rights, because instead of enforcing the border, its giving Alabamans (not even a border state) the right to pull you aside, possibly search you if you dont look right, until you show em the papers boy!

I wasnt even advocating welfare for illegal immigrants, but got provoked by all the clearly racist bull**** built entirely on peripheral perception.

The estimate is that 75k Canadians are undocumented. If jobs are the precious commodity, then "all those pennies add up to a dollar"
And like I said, no one is taking the maid job. You're not losing your teaching
position to an undocumented laborer. If those factories cant fill those jobs, it will go overseas.

(Had an economics professor tell us about her job on a frozen chicken factory floor, and how awful the conditions were even though they were regulated heavily and she made good money. She cant move her hand and is scarred for life and advocating against the factories. Factories are an old model, need to be replaced with machines she says.)

Additionally, the undocumented workers are kind of turned into slaves, and there have been occurrences where they were granted visas to come to the states and then couldn't leave the farm and were withheld pay, etc.

I think its just sad all the way around,

but fighting illegal immigration with an equally illegal law is just a whole lot of more illegality and it wont fix a thing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-01-2011, 02:41 PM
 
13,773 posts, read 33,010,927 times
Reputation: 10524
This thread has evolved into a discussion about illegal immigration and not about AL's new law. I have moved the thread to the appropriate forum
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-02-2011, 08:30 AM
 
Location: Tempe, Az
1,421 posts, read 1,238,632 times
Reputation: 410
Quote:
Originally Posted by CassieM View Post
oh, and as far as "profiling" nonsense. It's this sort of crap that makes people spitting mad about so-called "liberals." Why on earth would law enforcement try to card and request a white blonde female or male with the thoughts they might be here illegally? Most people from Europe don't want to live in the US and if they do, they go the proper avenues. I have a friend from Hungary who wants to come to the US. She has a Masters degree. She can't get in unless she goes the proper avenues which is hard to do. It's not like the Dutch are flooding this country, or the Canadians. Likewise, the guy from NY with a brooklyn accent is probably legit. And if you are black, there is a good chance, you didn't fly here from Africa or the Carribean illegally. It's too expensive. Likewise, if you are from Asia -- again, it's expensive to get here to live illegally. Chances are if you are from South America, look Mexican, and don't speak English well, you are illegal. You know you're in trouble when in 10-20 years politicians start giving speeches in Spanish, and they will. It's a given. It's too late now. US always reacts too late on everything. An ounce of prevention. Ixnay on that. There's protests! We want illegals here -- don't be prejudiced! gasp.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twentythreeizzle View Post
Just re-read this entire thing.. wow.. I am thinking you have are VERY young and have never left your little bubble.

1. Canadians do come here illegally and they live mostly in the North. Have you been to Vermont? Its hard to spot them because they look just like us.

2. A large part of the Caribbean IS BLACK and while many DO come here legally, there are also many who dont. Case it point:Miami.

3. Have you noticed on forms where it says White, non hispanic, or hispanic?

Hispanic is like Cheese, you can order it everything. There are black hispanics, and white hispanics that are blonde with blue eyes from s. america.
S. Americans come in every single color imaginable, and even Mexico has a spectrum of color from very fair to tejano (that's the brown shade you see most often on the laborers who work in the sun). Race profiling SPECIFICALLY TARGETS the darker demographic because its easy to do so. Its wildly inaccurate and won't do a thing to a. secure the border or 2. produce jobs

When you were first looking for a job, did you apply to be a hotel maid? I look around at the unemployed college students and not one is applying to be a maid okay. The jobs they want are skilled labor.

And if you look at America's birthrate, we just aren't producing enough people and talent on our own to be competitive and sustain economic growth. We have to import human capital for a reason. It spans from laborers in the fields to engineers. And make no mistake that many of those field laborers are here on a visa, though they may not have citizenship.
ILLEGAL alien Hispanics are mostly brown campesinos. The white ones usualy have visas. Its the truth cause white people rule in Latin America. Im a white Latino, born and grew up here in the USA an the cops dont look at me as illegal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top