U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2011, 05:28 PM

1,421 posts, read 1,240,671 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
The question remains for why you think he was so incorrigible. From memory, Sergio was detained twice in February of 2009, some 14 months before the shooting. There was at least one other detention a month or two before February 2009 as well.

He was in those activities for just a few months (at age 13 or 14), and had left that life behind. His mother was aware that he had been detained, but thought that it would be fine for him to be at the location again. As I commented before, kids do go into the channel as a hang-out spot (Sergio's older brother worked at the IMN office close by, where I would get FMTs sometimes).

I've already comment that there probably are some that thought Sergio didn't die painfully enough for them...
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
This reminds me of gang bangers. If he truly "wanted out" he wouldn't have been where he was busted before.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
And he certainly wouldn't be throwing rocks at a BP agent after "getting out".
I had a run with teh Calif Youth Authority when I was a kid for throwing a bottle at a cop. That scared me straight. Sergio was stupid then cause he didnt learn. Throw a rock at a cop, get shot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2011, 06:53 PM

5,302 posts, read 4,022,544 times
So this hinges solely on whether Sergio himself is throwing rocks? Do you believe the witnesses saying rocks were being thrown, but Sergio wasn't doing it? I even asked for timestamps on the video that others were seeing rocks being thrown.

Compared to other areas of Juarez, especially if the family lived close-by, it wouldn't be such a strange thing for him to return there. He had a brother that worked in the area. You have to place how a teenager would need to find a place to play in Juarez.

My wife has four nephews that grew up in Juarez, and I have been there several times to visit with them (also crossing to El Paso with them using Border Crossing Cards). To say that the youth are involved in criminal activities and just looking to cross is wrong (or their families are hoping to capitalize on their deaths if it happens). Usually the families want their kids to stay in their own neighborhoods now, just to be safe.

I'm be very interested on what this lawsuit will bring up, and have enough ability to see things for the level that they are...

Old 06-12-2011, 07:03 PM

14,307 posts, read 11,172,244 times
Quote:
So this hinges solely on whether Sergio himself is throwing rocks? Do you believe the witnesses saying rocks were being thrown, but Sergio wasn't doing it? I even asked for timestamps on the video that others were seeing rocks being thrown.

Compared to other areas of Juarez, especially if the family lived close-by, it wouldn't be such a strange thing for him to return there. He had a brother that worked in the area. You have to place how a teenager would need to find a place to play in Juarez.

My wife has four nephews that grew up in Juarez, and I have been there several times to visit with them (also crossing to El Paso with them using Border Crossing Cards). To say that the youth are involved in criminal activities and just looking to cross is wrong (or their families are hoping to capitalize on their deaths if it happens). Usually the families want their kids to stay in their own neighborhoods now, just to be safe.

I'm be very interested on what this lawsuit will bring up, and have enough ability to see things for the level that they are...
Even if it wasn't he himself that threw the rocks (but we don't know that) someone did and a bullet fired in the group's direction might just hit anyone in the group since they were on the run, like Sergio for example. They are guilty as a group. One of them just got unlucky.

Old 06-12-2011, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Even if it wasn't he himself that threw the rocks (but we don't know that) someone did and a bullet fired in the group's direction might just hit anyone in the group since they were on the run, like Sergio for example. They are guilty as a group. One of them just got unlucky.
Two of three rounds struck Sergio. In odds, that is easily unlucky. But to say as part of a group equally guilty is backing off your earlier remarks about his character.

From the perspective of the agent's defense, it is only going to be determined from whether he was justified in using deadly force in response, not any of Sergio's character...

I'm still trying to get anyone to give me timestamps from the video when rocks were being thrown...

Old 06-12-2011, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Two of three rounds struck Sergio. In odds, that is easily unlucky. But to say as part of a group equally guilty is backing off your earlier remarks about his character.

From the perspective of the agent's defense, it is only going to be determined from whether he was justified in using deadly force in response, not any of Sergio's character...

I'm still trying to get anyone to give me timestamps from the video when rocks were being thrown...
I didn't back off an anything. I don't know if the BP who shot him knew of his record or not when the shooting occured. To my knowledge the bullets flew because of the rock throwing and not his record.

I already provided you with with a link whereby witnesses said there was rock throwing. Ask the person who said they saw it on the video, not me.

Why do you continually take the side of Mexican rock throwers instead of the American Border Patrol? I think you are looking for every loophole and every tiny little doubt to make sure that this Mexican is somehow proven innocent. No offense but it isn't just this case where you have taken the side of Mexicans vs Americans.

Old 06-12-2011, 10:27 PM

1,701 posts, read 2,301,957 times
The teen was a drug smuggler. He deserved to be shot. Live by the border and then see what it is like. In El Paso, bullets are flying across the border from Mexico! American citizens are being murdered by the illegals invading our country. ANY assualt on a border patrol officer in my opinion, is an ACT OF WAR against the USA.

Old 06-12-2011, 10:41 PM

Quote:
...I think you are looking for every loophole and every tiny little doubt to make sure that this Mexican is somehow proven innocent...
He's already been proven dead...

Old 06-12-2011, 10:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LivingDeadGirl View Post
...ANY assualt on a border patrol officer in my opinion, is an ACT OF WAR against the USA.
Would that be a stateless war against the person? In a case like Arturo Ascencio would that be reversed, or nullified since his victim was an illegal alien? Joseph Giuliano received just a four year sentence, and is getting out soon, in time to begin drawing his Federal pension.

Old 06-12-2011, 11:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LivingDeadGirl View Post
The teen was a drug smuggler. He deserved to be shot...
I just saw information about human smuggling, but maybe you think he deserved to be shot for that too. Do American drug smugglers and drug dealers deserve to be shot? Just trying to place where you want to define crime and punishment.

Old 06-13-2011, 08:03 AM

Quote:
He's already been proven dead...
Right, but you want to vindicate his name and make sure his family makes money off of his death rather than siding with the BP agent who was acting out of self-defense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or