U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
 
Old 06-13-2011, 08:50 PM
 
Location: Jacurutu
5,302 posts, read 4,009,391 times
Reputation: 601

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
I realize it and I am sure he did also, therefore my comment "how convenient it was for him". Probably thought he'd get away with the rock throwing also. He was 15 by the way.

I am sure the criteria for getting on the most wanted list fit the bill here.
His last detention before the shooting incident was in February of 2009, making him 13 or 14 at that time (depending when his birthday was)...
Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-13-2011, 08:53 PM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,144,640 times
Reputation: 2130
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
His last detention before the shooting incident was in February of 2009, making him 13 or 14 at that time (depending when his birthday was)...
So what's the point? I find it even more despicable that a 13 or 14 year old became a human smuggler. Where was the supervision from his family?
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-13-2011, 10:45 PM
 
Location: Oklahoma(formerly SoCalif) Originally Mich,
13,387 posts, read 16,197,803 times
Reputation: 4611
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
I would have thought you realized a 14-year old wouldn't be charged that way...

Maybe this wrongful death lawsuit will bring out what this "most-wanted" list is, and what is required to get on it...
He was 14 yr's old in 2009 when he was smuggling illegals across the border.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-14-2011, 07:09 AM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,144,640 times
Reputation: 2130
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
He was 14 yr's old in 2009 when he was smuggling illegals across the border.
Again, your point is? What was a 14 year old doing working as a human smuggler and where was his parental supervision?
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-15-2011, 07:11 AM
 
Location: SouthCentral Texas
3,855 posts, read 4,084,676 times
Reputation: 957
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
I realize it and I am sure he did also, therefore my comment "how convenient it was for him". Probably thought he'd get away with the rock throwing also. He was 15 by the way.

I am sure the criteria for getting on the most wanted list fit the bill here.
Probably didnt think standing in a group of people someone was going to shoot him either.

You love Mexico so much you've adopted their "guilty until proven innocent" theory of law...

If you're so hard-on for the "rule of law"...be consistant.

What do they call people that say one thing...and believe another...?
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-15-2011, 07:36 AM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,144,640 times
Reputation: 2130
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
Probably didnt think standing in a group of people someone was going to shoot him either.

You love Mexico so much you've adopted their "guilty until proven innocent" theory of law...

If you're so hard-on for the "rule of law"...be consistant.

What do they call people that say one thing...and believe another...?
Sure, thanks for proving my point. He thought he'd get away with throwing rocks and not suffer bodily harm himself. Well he was dead wrong.

There would be absolutely no motive for the BP agent to fire bullets at "non-rock throwing" Mexicans. There were eye witnesses that said rock throwing did occur. The agent was returned to duty and it was ruled that he acted within his rights to defend himself. There is enough evidence to prove to prove the agent innocent of any wrong doing and that rock throwing did occur.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-15-2011, 08:08 AM
 
Location: SouthCentral Texas
3,855 posts, read 4,084,676 times
Reputation: 957
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Sure, thanks for proving my point. He thought he'd get away with throwing rocks and not suffer bodily harm himself. Well he was dead wrong.

There would be absolutely no motive for the BP agent to fire bullets at "non-rock throwing" Mexicans. There were eye witnesses that said rock throwing did occur. The agent was returned to duty and it was ruled that he acted within his rights to defend himself. There is enough evidence to prove to prove the agent innocent of any wrong doing and that rock throwing did occur.
the rock throwing isnt in question. Was the shooting victim one of those throwing rocks? Has that been proven?...or does that even matter to you?

There is enough evidence the the agent is innocent of any wrong doing? when was that ajudicated?

You have already exhorated before knowing the facts...

Quote:
If it is determined that the shooting was a crime and not justified use of force by law enforcement, long-standing legal principle in the U.S. states that the victim's location determines jurisdiction, international law experts said.

Here is a real-world definition of "Under the Jurisdiction there of" for you...
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-15-2011, 08:19 AM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,144,640 times
Reputation: 2130
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
the rock throwing isnt in question. Was the shooting victim one of those throwing rocks? Has that been proven?...or does that even matter to you?

There is enough evidence the the agent is innocent of any wrong doing? when was that ajudicated?

You have already exhorated before knowing the facts...




Here is a real-world definition of "Under the Jurisdiction there of" for you...
A BP agent can fire at rock throwers fleeing and a stray bullet can hit one who didn't throw rocks. This isn't rocket science. Not saying that the deceased wasn't one who threw rocks, however. Just painting you a scenario.

The BP agency did investigate the incident. The agent who pulled the trigger was on leave of absence till the case was reviewed. As I asked, what would have been the motive for the agent to have fired on these rock throwers if not for that act itself? You never answered that one. Motive is a very large part of convicting someone of an unlawful act.

The race card can't be pulled here either since the agent himself was Hispanic. How soon one forgets that agents Ramos and Campeon were convicted of wrongdoing so it's not like justice isn't served where the evidence is compelling at least to the powers that be who ruled against them.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-15-2011, 10:06 AM
 
Location: Oklahoma(formerly SoCalif) Originally Mich,
13,387 posts, read 16,197,803 times
Reputation: 4611
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Again, your point is? What was a 14 year old doing working as a human smuggler and where was his parental supervision?
That was a response to another post. The point is, he's 2 years older now.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-15-2011, 10:38 AM
 
Location: OCEAN BREEZES AND VIEWS SAN CLEMENTE
19,899 posts, read 15,285,252 times
Reputation: 6451
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
It's a very sad and frightening stat that kids are being used in these types of roles. Beheadings and smuggling are things we as a Society think only older adults are capable of. A child is quite capable of killing another person especially if the are brainwashed early on.



Man do i agree with you. It is not only sad but truly quite disturbing. To know that a child is quite capable of killing another human, is disturbing in itself. Shows the length that anyone will go thru for drugs, pitiful really, but will sacrafice another being for the sake of drugs and money. The cartel members do not care who innocently are killed in their drive to get drugs to the U.S.
Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top