U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2011, 10:34 AM

254 posts, read 520,625 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Dude, the OP didn't use the word Mexican, you did. Your derailment attempts by using racist references are getting boring.
The thread name is "Rock throwing illegals"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2011, 10:37 AM

14,307 posts, read 11,155,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
1.) They have to use a lawyer in the United States to bring suit here...

2.) You are seeing the birds that live under the bridge fly around instead of rocks, look at the proportions and realize a rock thrown the distance would not show on video...

3.) This lawsuit will not be a "free ride to America" through immigration, and is actually not an illegal immigration topic at all...
I see, so no rocks were thrown at all just birds flying around, gotcha! It simply amazes me how any American would take the side of these rock throwing Mexicans against the words of our Border Patrol agents even though there is much documented evidence that they have been attacked by rocks over and over at the border.

Old 06-10-2011, 11:02 AM

13,387 posts, read 16,209,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyanna View Post
First, the videos clearly show that these boys were crossing the line to the USA side of the border. They were taunting our agent, you know, that guy we pay to protect and guard our country's border. It can also be plainly seen that these boys were throwing rocks, BIG rocks, by the looks of it. One video of one day does not adequately show what our border agents deal with on a daily basis, including death threats, rock throwing and, at times, shots fired at them.

Secondly, where were the Federales when the taunting, running over the border line and rock throwing began? Are they not also responsible for watching THEIR area at the border? Should they not have been there to stop this harassment of an American border agent?

I don't know about the rest of you, but MY parents, as GOOD, DECENT parents do, taught me that throwing rocks was a very bad thing because it could KILL someone. My brother got caught throwing a rock at someone once, and only ONCE, and got his butt smacked with a belt for it. Spanking was reserved for the worst offenses in my family, and was not often used. I also raised my children the same way...DO NOT THROW ROCKS!

This quote from the news article posted is, in my opinion, hypocritical...

"Güereca's parents, Maria Guadalupe Güereca Betancour and Jesus Hernández, who claim Mesa "negligently, wrongfully and tortuously caused the death of Güereca.""

Really? So, how would they describe the actions of their son and his thuggish friends? I would describe their actions as negligent, wrong and torture. Generally, an act of torture is intended to draw out and extend the pain and suffering of the victim. Throwing big rocks in a barrage at a victim sounds like torture to me.

This boy's parents just found their free ride to America and they are ecstatic. I'm sure they are already spending that lawsuit money in their heads on fancy cars and big houses. They already have an AMERICAN lawyer to help them, and NOT a Mexican one.
Their Lawyer has most likely given the family 10,000.000 cash advance.
And their sons death is the last thing on their minds.

Old 06-10-2011, 11:36 AM

2,798 posts, read 5,364,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
Their Lawyer has most likely given the family 10,000.000 cash advance.
And their sons death is the last thing on their minds.
Yep, the son was probably a thorn in their side anyway, if his rock throwing and harassing behavior are any indicator of his nature.

Old 06-10-2011, 02:55 PM

5,302 posts, read 4,013,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
I see, so no rocks were thrown at all just birds flying around, gotcha! It simply amazes me how any American would take the side of these rock throwing Mexicans against the words of our Border Patrol agents even though there is much documented evidence that they have been attacked by rocks over and over at the border.
You do see the birds, right? Read what I posted, I'm saying a rock wouldn't be visible on video at that distance. More than the rocks being visible, it is the movement of the body that would indicate if someone throws something like a rock.

If rocks are thrown at the agent, wouldn't the detainee at the agent's feet be in more danger (the agent is wearing a bicycle helmet)? It isn't "rock-throwing illegals", a badly titled attempt to make it a topic here. The boys aren't "immigrating" for a matter of minutes.

The El Paso Times covered this pretty well at the time. As I recall, Sergio told his mother where he was going to be, and she didn't think it would be dangerous. It is a spot that kids hang out at, and probably less dangerous than many sections of Juarez right now.

I've crossed dozens of times at those particular set of bridges, on foot, by bus, and by car...

Old 06-10-2011, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
You do see the birds, right? Read what I posted, I'm saying a rock wouldn't be visible on video at that distance. More than the rocks being visible, it is the movement of the body that would indicate if someone throws something like a rock.

If rocks are thrown at the agent, wouldn't the detainee at the agent's feet be in more danger (the agent is wearing a bicycle helmet)? It isn't "rock-throwing illegals", a badly titled attempt to make it a topic here. The boys aren't "immigrating" for a matter of minutes.

The El Paso Times covered this pretty well at the time. As I recall, Sergio told his mother where he was going to be, and she didn't think it would be dangerous. It is a spot that kids hang out at, and probably less dangerous than many sections of Juarez right now.

I've crossed dozens of times at those particular set of bridges, on foot, by bus, and by car...
Sorry, but as I said it was filmed so far away I can't make out what was going on but I have no doubt there was some rock throwing involved at some point. Border Patrol agents don't just shoot people for no reason and in this case the agent was Hispanic so at least that eliminates the race card.

I didn't start this topic but because it involved a BP agent one has to wonder if the alleged rock throwers were trying to enter illegally or taunting the BP. What else are they doing down there and throwing rocks then? It seems like a strange place to just be playing.

Old 06-10-2011, 03:15 PM

111 posts, read 80,439 times
People need to learn to raise their kids and keep an eye on them.

Old 06-10-2011, 03:45 PM

32,810 posts, read 30,061,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebowsky View Post
The thread name is "Rock throwing illegals"
I'm still not seeing the word "Mexican". Someone attempting to enter illegally from Mexico can be from any Country.

Old 06-10-2011, 04:08 PM

From the same link, an article when this first happened per the agent's attorney:

"The teenager had a history of working as a "coyote" guiding migrants across the El Paso-Juárez border and was trying to "protect his cargo by using deadly force against an agent of the United States."
A cell phone video showed the agent rode up on a bicycle and was attempting to detain a group before firing. Ortega said rocks were being thrown at the agent who was on the U.S. side of the river.

In response, my client issued verbal warnings which were ignored and the utilization of rocks as deadly weapons continued," Ortega said. "Left with no alternative, in defense of his person, my client discharged his weapon, striking the deceased."

Old 06-10-2011, 04:22 PM

15,756 posts, read 32,504,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
From the same link, an article when this first happened per the agent's attorney:

"The teenager had a history of working as a "coyote" guiding migrants across the El Paso-Juárez border and was trying to "protect his cargo by using deadly force against an agent of the United States."
A cell phone video showed the agent rode up on a bicycle and was attempting to detain a group before firing. Ortega said rocks were being thrown at the agent who was on the U.S. side of the river.

In response, my client issued verbal warnings which were ignored and the utilization of rocks as deadly weapons continued," Ortega said. "Left with no alternative, in defense of his person, my client discharged his weapon, striking the deceased."
Watch the video. The lawyer speaketh with forked tongue...reasonably clearly.

His record and interactions with US law is known to the government which has been slow to release it. That would not indicate he had much if any of a record.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or