U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-17-2011, 11:57 AM

951 posts, read 619,669 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid Reigns View Post
What does one need to be recognized as a Citizen of the USA? According to the Federal government one needs an SS Card or a US Passport.

To be under the Jurisdiction of the USA one needs to have a US Passport, SS Card, or a valid immigrant visa or Green Card.
Quit drumming this lie or show me in the constitution where it states you weren't a citizen until the state issued your id.

Old 06-17-2011, 12:01 PM

2,477 posts, read 1,722,055 times
Here is the link from the State Department in regards to Birth Certificates.
New Requirement for U.S. Birth Certificates

There is also a Secondary Evidence way.
Secondary Evidence of U.S. Citizenship

Old 06-17-2011, 12:04 PM

Well wooptie doo. We're not talking about obtaining certificates to PROVE your citizenship. We are talking about qualifications for GRANTING you citizenship in the first place. Wow, what a red herring this has become.

Old 06-17-2011, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by huddledmasses View Post
Quit drumming this lie or show me in the constitution where it states you weren't a citizen until the state issued your id.
Lie? I have yet to see you prove it a lie. Simply by being born here does not make one a Citizen. Simply receiving a certificate from the hospital doesn't make one a Citizen. Obtaining a short form certificate from the City, County, or State does not constitute citizenship. Foreign Diplomats who have children here, those children are not Citizens. First Peoples born in their nation boundaries are not automatic citizens.

Old 06-17-2011, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Well wooptie doo. We're not talking about obtaining certificates to PROVE your citizenship. We are talking about qualifications for GRANTING you citizenship in the first place. Wow, what a red herring this has become.
What do you believe grants citizenship in the first place? Its not simply being born here as you think or claim.

Old 06-17-2011, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Lie? I have yet to see you prove it a lie. Simply by being born here does not make one a Citizen.
Uhhh I have proven almost everything you've said as hogwash and except for diplomats, yes it does. You have yet to prove otherwise. Here I'll just post this here one more time: (it's from the 14th Amendment if you haven't figured out)

Quote:
Section 1. All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.
Quote:
What do you believe grants citizenship in the first place? Its not simply being born here as you think or claim.

ORLY? Please to be explaining then. I'll post it one more time:

Quote:
Section 1. All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.
I'm failing to see these other qualifications for citizenship you are claiming. Please to be linking them. If you are born in the U.S. and under the jurisdiction thereof, you are a citizen.

Old 06-17-2011, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Well Justice Gray disagrees with you. I'm going to side with a Supreme Court Judge over some random internet dude all the time.

This is all pretty funny considering Brennan slipped in this statement that I originally quoted:

Here even Ann Coulter blames anchor babies on Brennan:

AnnCoulter.com - Archived Article: JUSTICE BRENNAN'S FOOTNOTE GAVE US ANCHOR BABIES (http://www.anncoulter.com/cgi-local/article.cgi?article=380 - broken link)

Please to be explaining how anchor babies aren't under jurisdiction.....
If that be the case then it only covers them under the equal protection clause of Civil or Criminal Law, no other portion of the 14th would confer upon them. As Brennan is being specific in the argument.

Coulter calls it an "alleged right" that Democrats claim.

Old 06-17-2011, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Uhhh I have proven almost everything you've said as hogwash and except for diplomats, yes it does. You have yet to prove otherwise. Here I'll just post this here one more time: (it's from the 14th Amendment if you haven't figured out)

ORLY? Please to be explaining then. I'll post it one more time:

I'm failing to see these other qualifications for citizenship you are claiming. Please to be linking them. If you are born in the U.S. and under the jurisdiction thereof, you are a citizen.
I haven't seen you prove jack, only run your words and make claims. I have linked to all my claims, go back and read them again.

Old 06-17-2011, 12:20 PM

Quote:
If that be the case then it only covers them under the equal protection clause of Civil or Criminal Law, no other portion of the 14th would confer upon them. As Brennan is being specific in the argument.

Coulter calls it an "alleged right" that Democrats claim.

This is the same fallacy that Benicar was claiming (that case didn't apply to birthright citizenship despite him clearly laying out the meaning of jurisdiction for ALL future cases no matter what they were about criminal or noncriminal) and you came here to try and prove. You have yet to explain how anchor babies aren't under U.S. jurisdiction. This has been a few pages of nice hand waving though. Maybe you know someone that come here and set things straight?

Quote:
I haven't seen you prove jack, only run your words and make claims. I have linked to all my claims, go back and read them again.
Yea if by running my words and claims means using direct quotations from the Constitution and Supreme Court Judges rulings and writings on the involved cases. I mean, you were actually trying to equate getting an ID that you can use to prove the citizenship YOU ALREADY HAVE with the actual constitutional rights of being granted citizenship. Enough said. Rofl.

Old 06-17-2011, 12:21 PM

Quote:
To "qualify for Citizenship" one must be born within the United States or be born abroad to parents who are US Citizens. "Qualifying" for Citizenship does not constitute Citizenship.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration