U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2011, 09:03 PM

15,756 posts, read 32,484,948 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Yeah, sure thing. I wouldn't call the massive numbers of illegal aliens coming over here and giving birth and tapping into our tax coffers "working well". How in the world would changing birthright citizenship be discriminating against Hispanics? Be honest! It is benefiting them and that is why they don't want it changed. It is ethnocentricism plain and simple.
It has worked well forever and you claim Reagan and Bush screwed up bad...so we should end that which worked well for 150 years?

Why don't we fix their screwup?

Your position makes no sense. And you stick to it because you have none that would be better.

Tough living out in the high desert with no useful role isn't it?

So your hobby is to post here with no rational view...

Old 06-11-2011, 08:12 AM

14,307 posts, read 11,146,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt View Post
It has worked well forever and you claim Reagan and Bush screwed up bad...so we should end that which worked well for 150 years?

Why don't we fix their screwup?

Your position makes no sense. And you stick to it because you have none that would be better.

Tough living out in the high desert with no useful role isn't it?

So your hobby is to post here with no rational view...
FYI, I don't live in the high desert and again can't you ever reply civilly? My view is irrational? Doesn't seem to be the majority opinion in here. Since when is advocating for the rule of law, irrational?

Old 06-11-2011, 01:03 PM

Quote:
FYI, I don't live in the high desert and again can't you ever reply civilly? My view is irrational? Doesn't seem to be the majority opinion in here. Since when is advocating for the rule of law, irrational?
Must have you mixed up with someone else. You don't live at around 2500 ft?

And you are precisely arguing against the rule of law. And a long and well established one.

Old 06-11-2011, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Must have you mixed up with someone else. You don't live at around 2500 ft?

And you are precisely arguing against the rule of law. And a long and well established one.
No, I don't live at 2500 hundred feet. Where have I ever argued against the rule of law? Seeking changes to laws is not the same thing as disrespecting them or not obeying them in their present form. Look to the pro-illegals who aid and abet illegal aliens, now that is not just arguing against the rule of law but ourtight violating them in their present form.

Old 06-11-2011, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
Don't waste your time arguing with people that just don't get it. We know the damage that is being done, and that is all that matters.
Most of them do get it though. It is just that their agenda trumps that.

Old 06-11-2011, 09:16 PM

Quote:
No, I don't live at 2500 hundred feet. Where have I ever argued against the rule of law? Seeking changes to laws is not the same thing as disrespecting them or not obeying them in their present form. Look to the pro-illegals who aid and abet illegal aliens, now that is not just arguing against the rule of law but ourtight violating them in their present form.
So you agree that the anchor babies are full first class american citizens and should not be held up to fault or criticism as they are the "rule of law"?

Holding a law up to contempt is not supporting the rule of law. If you wish to change it go for it. But in the meantime they are full upright legal Americans with all the rights that purtain there to - right? They have every right extended to your children right? They should be treated exactly the same as any American Right?

And you agree that to discriminate against any particular group of US citizens is wrong?

Old 06-11-2011, 09:31 PM

Quote:
So you agree that the anchor babies are full first class american citizens and should not be held up to fault or criticism as they are the "rule of law"?

Holding a law up to contempt is not supporting the rule of law. If you wish to change it go for it. But in the meantime they are full upright legal Americans with all the rights that purtain there to - right? They have every right extended to your children right? They should be treated exactly the same as any American Right?

And you agree that to discriminate against any particular group of US citizens is wrong?
I don't know what you mean by "first class" Americans. Under present law if you are born here you are an American, period. It isn't they I am faulting or criticizing, it is their illegal parents.

So the pro-illegals who are opposing our immigration laws are holding contempt for our laws then, right? Pot, kettle, black.

No need for words like "contempt" anyway. I merely disagree with birthright citizenship in its present form and it is my right to seek change to it just as it the pro-illegal's right to seek change to our immigration laws. Stating one is ok but not the other is being a hypocrite. At least I don't have a self-serving reason for the laws I want changed.

In answer to your last four questions, yes. Maybe you should spend less time demonizing me without any proof of your insinuations about me.

Old 06-11-2011, 09:52 PM

13,951 posts, read 10,312,628 times
You wanna solve illeagal imigration? Heres how:

Any illeagal immigrant found will be jailed. He will then be given a uniform, a rifle, and a cantten. Put him on the front lines and after a year of service, give them automatic citizenship

Old 06-11-2011, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug S. 123 View Post
You wanna solve illeagal imigration? Heres how:

Any illeagal immigrant found will be jailed. He will then be given a uniform, a rifle, and a cantten. Put him on the front lines and after a year of service, give them automatic citizenship
No thanks. I don't want illegal foreingers having the priviledge of serving in our military with an allegience to another country and a self-serving reason to be in there in the first place.

Old 06-11-2011, 10:12 PM

13,951 posts, read 10,312,628 times
Quote:
No thanks. I don't want illegal foreingers having the priviledge of serving in our military with an allegience to another country and a self-serving reason to be in there in the first place.
Ok, then here is a better idea for you. Beware, its much more radical.

Make being in this country illegaly an act of treason punishable by DEATH!!!!!!!! You wont get a trial, that right is reserved for citizens only. You will simply be taken to the prison, strapped to the table, and killed. { I can think of a much cheaper and affective way of doing it, as Im sure you can also, but for the sake of keeping the gore to a minimum, lets stick with lethal injection }

Once this law has passed, give all illegals currently here a 1 year grace period to get their affairs in order and leave. I gaurantee if we start doing this, those people will think twice before crossing that border line.

for those of you who may be wondering, yes, im serious, serious as a heart attack.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration