U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2011, 10:42 AM

3,855 posts, read 4,093,426 times

Advertisements

Quote:
U.S. Is Last Remaining Developed Nation Giving Birthright Citizenship To Tourists & Illegal Aliens.
First of all...The US doesnt give anyone birthright citizenship...

Secondly...How can US give birthright citizenship to "Tourist" and "Illegal aliens" if these people are already born?

Old 06-13-2011, 11:06 AM

14,307 posts, read 11,166,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post

Secondly...How can US give birthright citizenship to "Tourist" and "Illegal aliens" if these people are already born?
Eh?

Old 06-13-2011, 12:40 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,834,008 times
Quote:

The U.S. does in fact confer citizenship on the basis of one’s birth on U.S. soil, otherwise known as Birthright Citizenship or Jus Soli. Given your incessant reference to the Constitution, I would expect you to know this.

I do believe we are discussing granting U.S. citizenship to the CHILDREN of illegal aliens and tourists born on U.S. soil, which, of course, would not include their parents. As you know, we are only physically born once.

Tell me, do you have any desire to actually discuss thread topics, or is your sole mission to nitpick and deflect?

Old 06-13-2011, 12:42 PM

20,894 posts, read 13,141,997 times
You can't amend the Constitution with a mere statute.

The bill is dead on arrival.

Old 06-13-2011, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
The U.S. does in fact confer citizenship on the basis of one’s birth on U.S. soil, otherwise known as Birthright Citizenship or Jus Soli. Given your incessant reference to the Constitution, I would expect you to know this.

I do believe we are discussing granting U.S. citizenship to the CHILDREN of illegal aliens and tourists born on U.S. soil, which, of course, would not include their parents. As you know, we are only physically born once.

Tell me, do you have any desire to actually discuss thread topics, or is your sole mission to nitpick and deflect?

I dont know what you mean...unless you say what you mean.

Quote:
FOLLOWING ARE ALL THE DEVELOPED NATIONS OF THE WORLD THAT OFFER BIRTHRIGHT CITIZENSHIP TO THE BABIES OF TOURISTS AND ILLEGAL ALIENS:
Quote:
U.S. Is Last Remaining Developed Nation Giving Birthright Citizenship To Tourists & Illegal Aliens.
See the difference?

Why would I want to debate something that is already Constitutional with someone who cant even get the basics correct.

Old 06-13-2011, 12:55 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,834,008 times
Quote:

See the difference?

Why would I want to debate something that is already Constitutional with someone who cant even get the basics correct.
And, this certainly answers my question.

Old 06-13-2011, 06:04 PM

1,150 posts, read 992,467 times
Quote:

See the difference?

A child in utero is in fact an illegall alien, if the mother is an illegal alien. The courts have ruled the child is a person, ergo an illegal alien, just like any child brought into the country illegally. They can't be a non-person until birth 'sometimes' just to fit someone's agenda.

Old 06-13-2011, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayarcy View Post
A child in utero is in fact an illegall alien, if the mother is an illegal alien. The courts have ruled the child is a person, ergo an illegal alien, just like any child brought into the country illegally. They can't be a non-person until birth 'sometimes' just to fit someone's agenda.
I have no idea what you're talking about...but a "child"[fetus] in utero is in utero and not a citizen of any country.

The US Supreme Court ruled[Roe v. Wade] that a "fetus" in utero can not be aborted after 24 weeks of gestation unless under strict regulation. The US Supreme court did not access citizenship status to the in utero fetus.

The 14th Amendment to the US Constitution accesses US citizenship to all persons born on US Soil. Actually, If the child's parent is a "Tourist", then that Child is a dual-citizen. American and a citizen of the parent's country.

Even a Tourist[and it's in utero fetus] are under the jurisdiction [authority] of the state. A tourist[and it's in utero fetus] is subject to the Laws and protections of those laws[jurisdiction].

Old 06-13-2011, 08:47 PM

14,307 posts, read 11,166,436 times
Quote:
I have no idea what you're talking about...but a "child"[fetus] in utero is in utero and not a citizen of any country.

The US Supreme Court ruled[Roe v. Wade] that a "fetus" in utero can not be aborted after 24 weeks of gestation unless under strict regulation. The US Supreme court did not access citizenship status to the in utero fetus.

The 14th Amendment to the US Constitution accesses US citizenship to all persons born on US Soil. Actually, If the child's parent is a "Tourist", then that Child is a dual-citizen. American and a citizen of the parent's country.

Even a Tourist[and it's in utero fetus] are under the jurisdiction [authority] of the state. A tourist[and it's in utero fetus] is subject to the Laws and protections of those laws[jurisdiction].
And this total ridiculous misinterpretation of what the 14th actually meant needs to be corrected ASAP. It was never meant to include "all" persons born on our soil because of the qualifier of "and subject to the jurisdiction thereof".

We've had this argument over and over let's not get started with the same old arguments over and over in here about this issue, please.

Old 06-13-2011, 09:01 PM

31,385 posts, read 31,119,924 times
You know it is bills like this that make one wonder about the basic intelligence of members of Congress and/or the gullibility of some Americans. The language of the 14th Amendment is clear:
Amendment 14

1. All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside.
The ONLY thing that the Immigration and Nationality Act establishes with regards to establishing citizenship for the purpose of this discussion is the citizenship of individuals born OUTSIDE of the United States, its territories and areas of U.S. jurisdiction and as such will do NOTHING to address the issue of "anchor babies". It doesn't even effect the application of foreign born residents for the purposes of obtain American citizenship. **** if I know how this will in anyway effect the problem of illegal immigration because the ONLY act of Congress which can alter the clear and indisputable language of the 14th Amendment is a resolution to amend the Constitution.

Pure and undiluted stupidity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration