U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2011, 12:05 AM

47,576 posts, read 58,711,508 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyanna View Post
Well, then as so-called business people I guess they need to change their target to catering to legal AMERICANS!
If they are so intent on catering to a foreigners, then nothing is stopping them from relocating their businesses to those countries of these foreigners.

It's just like those who insist they must hire only illegals and whine when their employees are deported. Absolutely nothing forces these employers to stay in the USA themselves, they're free to take their businesses elsewhere.

What good are any of these businesses if they won't cater to the American people or provide jobs to Americans?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2011, 04:06 AM

32,799 posts, read 30,044,409 times
I'm quite sure people are capable of producing legal commerce. These businesses will weed themselves if LE doesn't do it for them first.

Old 06-11-2011, 05:56 AM

23,599 posts, read 31,152,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
If they are so intent on catering to a foreigners, then nothing is stopping them from relocating their businesses to those countries of these foreigners.

It's just like those who insist they must hire only illegals and whine when their employees are deported. Absolutely nothing forces these employers to stay in the USA themselves, they're free to take their businesses elsewhere.

What good are any of these businesses if they won't cater to the American people or provide jobs to Americans?
I don't mind businesses that cater to foreigners as long as everything is legal and above board. For example in my suburb of Dallas we have a lot of businesses that cater to the Indian, Middle Eastern, Chinese, Vietnamese, and east African communities here. (My suburb is very diverse.) I like these businesses and I think they add to the quality of life here. But immigrants from the countries these businesses cater to tend to be overwhelmingly legal, not illegal. I also do not encounter hostility when I patronize these businesses, particularly the Middle Eastern ones (they are very friendly). The Latino businesses are the opposite...around here they are often shady, suspicious, and hostile to outsiders.

Old 06-11-2011, 07:46 AM

18,563 posts, read 15,774,500 times
I'm sure there were plenty of slaveowners back in the day who bemoaned the loss of their slaves. Building a business upon illegal or inhumane practices has risks.

Old 06-13-2011, 11:59 AM

3,855 posts, read 4,086,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyanna View Post
Well, then as so-called business people I guess they need to change their target to catering to legal AMERICANS!
So now businesses should run rap sheets on Americans to see which ones are "legal"?

Old 06-13-2011, 12:08 PM

1,691 posts, read 1,592,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
So now businesses should run rap sheets on Americans to see which ones are "legal"?
Absolutely. A birth certificate should be required at the door. Better yet, get birth certificates that can be scanned like a debit card, and have a reader at the door. If it doesn't scan, you can't get in. Not even to the bathroom. Of course, this doesn't apply to those who were born here, but shouldn't be here because their parents were here illegally. To make thinkers simpler, when one goes shopping, they should have to do it with at least 3 generations of their family, so everybody can scan their birth certificates in order to gain entry.

Old 06-13-2011, 12:16 PM

3,326 posts, read 2,615,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
As Customers Flee, Latino Grocers Worry
then latino grocers should adapt.

Old 06-13-2011, 12:18 PM

25,337 posts, read 16,290,366 times
Isn't that alot like saying "as drug use drops, pushers worry about their income"? If you cater to criminals, you should see business drop as criminal activity drops off.

Old 06-13-2011, 12:18 PM

3,855 posts, read 4,086,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by db108108 View Post
Absolutely. A birth certificate should be required at the door. Better yet, get birth certificates that can be scanned like a debit card, and have a reader at the door. If it doesn't scan, you can't get in. Not even to the bathroom. Of course, this doesn't apply to those who were born here, but shouldn't be here because their parents were here illegally. To make thinkers simpler, when one goes shopping, they should have to do it with at least 3 generations of their family, so everybody can scan their birth certificates in order to gain entry.
What does a birth certificate prove, does it have your photo on it...?

If we traded birth certificates, how would anyone know that we did?

You seem to have a lot of fun "Playing" what if... you cant get any more simplistic.

Old 06-13-2011, 01:12 PM

6,519 posts, read 8,605,050 times
If the store owners that cater to illegals whine load enough, some 'give them amnesty' liberal politician or some federal agency will come up with some kind of 'we need these stores in the food desert' to keep them open money. And it won't be a loan, it will be a grant.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration