U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2011, 08:13 PM

14,307 posts, read 11,176,297 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
"Jasper12" said (twice) that only U.S. citizens were eligible for the programs they named. Such information is false. I asked for more clarity with what they are trying to say.

Point is, "Jasper12" is focused on the citizenship of children attending schools. There are some U.S. citizen children (with taxpaying U.S. citizen parents) that will not qualify for the programs mentioned (because the family income is too high). Evaluate the programs for what they are, not judging them from an unrelated determination.
IMO, only poor legal immigrant children and poor citizen children should have access to such programs, not illegal alien children. It's bad enough that we have to pay for their education to.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2011, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
I often wonder how the bleeding hearts and pro-illegals will feel after illegals have completely bankrupted this country, and there is nothing left for citizens. I will say in advance, apology NOT accepted.
Depends on what pro-illegal catagory they fall into. The ethnocentrics will be happy that they have their Hispanic utopia and have gained political and cultural control of our country regardless of it going bankrupt.

The bleeding hearts will be the ones with the regrets.

Old 06-12-2011, 08:23 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,844,279 times
Quote:
"Jasper12" said (twice) that only U.S. citizens were eligible for the programs they named. Such information is false. I asked for more clarity with what they are trying to say.

Point is, "Jasper12" is focused on the citizenship of children attending schools. There are some U.S. citizen children (with taxpaying U.S. citizen parents) that will not qualify for the programs mentioned (because the family income is too high). Evaluate the programs for what they are, not judging them from an unrelated determination.
Unfortunately, one of the most costly results of illegal immigration is the BILLIONS squandered annually on the K-12 education for the children of illegal aliens, and Mexicans who brazenly cross our borders daily to receive an education at U.S. taxpayers’ expense. Sadly, the Supreme Court has ruled that ALL children in this country are entitled to a public school education, regardless of immigration status. This includes costly ESL classes, and “free” breakfast/lunch programs.

We are the biggest fools on earth, and our enemies are patiently awaiting our demise. At our current rate of implosion, it won’t take long. And, to think, it was all done from within, without a single shot being fired from an enemy military. Illegals are our Trojan Horse and Achilles’ Heel all rolled into one. Meanwhile, all who oppose are vilified.

Old 06-12-2011, 08:25 PM

5,302 posts, read 4,024,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
IMO, only poor legal immigrant children and poor citizen children should have access to such programs, not illegal alien children. It's bad enough that we have to pay for their education to.
"Jasper12" has stated that currently only U.S. citizens qualify for those programs. And if the family income is too high? "U.S. citizens are being denied benefits!"

Old 06-12-2011, 08:27 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,844,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Depends on what pro-illegal catagory they fall into. The ethnocentrics will be happy that they have their Hispanic utopia and have gained political and cultural control of our country regardless of it going bankrupt.

The bleeding hearts will be the ones with the regrets.
Only, they will rule a country resembling that of the movie “The Omega Man.” They will have gained absolutely nothing.

Old 06-12-2011, 09:17 PM

18,856 posts, read 30,569,915 times
I will clarify-- illegal children don't get medical services from Medicaid--but get the same services at school. We bill Medicade for all children, regardless of eligibilty. So--why are we giving medical services at public schools, and medical equipment that they would not otherwise receive?

Same with food--the illegals can't have food stamps, why do we givethem food at school? Same program...

I was sick of having a classroom full of illegal children, with aids that spoke Spanish...to the students. English was barely acknowledged. I needed interpreters for every phone call and meeting with parents--who never bothered to learn English.

And yet--an African-American girl was placed in another school, because her mother enrolled her at this school--for the excellent care and services--and the school district treated her like a criminal--because she lived in a different area.

Old 06-12-2011, 09:25 PM

Quote:
"Jasper12" has stated that currently only U.S. citizens qualify for those programs. And if the family income is too high? "U.S. citizens are being denied benefits!"
You can't be serious if you think illegal alien children aren't receiving those benefits. U.S.citizens should be denied benefits meant for the poor if their parent's don't meet the low income criteria.

Last edited by chicagonut; 06-12-2011 at 09:52 PM.. Reason: spelling

Old 06-12-2011, 09:49 PM

5,302 posts, read 4,024,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
I will clarify-- illegal children don't get medical services from Medicaid--but get the same services at school. We bill Medicade for all children, regardless of eligibilty. So--why are we giving medical services at public schools, and medical equipment that they would not otherwise receive?

Same with food--the illegals can't have food stamps, why do we give them food at school? Same program...

I was sick of having a classroom full of illegal children, with aids that spoke Spanish...to the students. English was barely acknowledged. I needed interpreters for every phone call and meeting with parents--who never bothered to learn English...
You are confusing the use of Spanish with immigration status. My kids initially had to learn in Spanish, with my wife needing some conferences in Spanish. Luckily for the school district that they didn't speak some dialect from East Bjorkistan.

Today you will find my kids in school are not discernible from the native-born (despite still being Mexican Nationals)...

You're initial statement claimed only U.S. citizens qualified for benefits, are you calling a child "illegal" if they are not a citizen?...

Children qualify for benefits at school no matter of immigration status...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
...And yet--an African-American girl was placed in another school, because her mother enrolled her at this school--for the excellent care and services--and the school district treated her like a criminal--because she lived in a different area.
At least be on the right side if you are using this as a contrast. If a child lives in another school district, they are normally required to go to school there. You should recognize when someone is trying to skirt the law.

Old 06-13-2011, 12:48 AM

13,387 posts, read 16,243,145 times
Quote:
Perez said he believes the new law is racist and he worries about young people who are coming to Alabama from Mexico and other Lat*in American countries to make a living.
"The law pursues people who are just here trying to do good," Perez said.
People like that need an education. But he's a constuction contractor who's only been here 4 yr's. So the welfare of THIS country is beyond concern or acknowlegement to him.
His only concern is cheap labor from his comrades.

Quote:
People will look for another state to work in," Perez said.
Get over it or get out!

Last edited by mkfarnam; 06-13-2011 at 01:14 AM..

Old 06-13-2011, 02:02 AM

2,075 posts, read 1,779,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
Agreed; I don't see anything nefarious about this at all. If illegals don't like it they can go home.
And take all thier spawn, aunt's & uncle's with them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or