Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-24-2011, 10:33 PM

2,526 posts, read 2,937,610 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFPeak View Post
That would be called the CSA, not the USA.

They lost.
On this soil, we're still Alabama/CSA, the bars and stars never went down. The other 49 states just don't know it...lol

Old 06-24-2011, 10:35 PM

36 posts, read 19,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyanna View Post
I've been reading that illegal immigrant parents in Georgia are signing papers which basically turn their American-born children over to legal immigrant family members because they are AFRAID of being caught and deported or they are preparing to remove themselves from the United States..

If I am going about my business and not doing anything illegal, I am not AFRAID. This tells us that these illegal immigrants KNOW they are doing something ILLEGAL, otherwise they would have no fear of the consequences for their actions.

My LEGAL immigrant husband and I just enjoyed a meal prepared for us by our LEGAL immigrant daughter-in-law, which was paid for by my son through LEGALLY earned money. We ate it in the home paid for by my LEGAL immigrant husband, who obtains his livelihood LEGALLY. We have no fear.

I don't feel any sadness for the FEAR of these illegal immigrants, nor do I feel sad that they are opting to leave their children behind instead of taking them back to Mexico with them. They are making the CHOICE to abandon these supposedly much-loved meal tickets, er...children, behind, and they made the CHOICE to put their children in this situation in the first place.
Or maybe they are leaving their children with family because they know their children will have chance for a better life here in the states.

Old 06-24-2011, 11:04 PM

1,421 posts, read 1,491,139 times
Quote:
That would be Indians. We know the distinction. Split hairs much?

Defined by you. There are many definations.

I didn't say there was a quota, did I? I meant the restrictions for obtaining visas are often more red tape that most employers wish to go thru. The system is obviously flawed.... and it leads to cheating.
Employment Law Guide - Temporary Agricultural Workers (H-2A Visas) (http://www.dol.gov/compliance/guide/taw.htm - broken link)

HuH? There are farms here that grow crops year round......>
There is NO Hispanic race. Some of us are white. Some of us are Asian or Indian. Some of us are Black. The rest of us are mixed.

Old 06-25-2011, 12:19 AM

2,475 posts, read 2,076,342 times
Quote:
That would be Indians. We know the distinction. Split hairs much?

Defined by you. There are many definations.

I didn't say there was a quota, did I? I meant the restrictions for obtaining visas are often more red tape that most employers wish to go thru. The system is obviously flawed.... and it leads to cheating.
Employment Law Guide - Temporary Agricultural Workers (H-2A Visas) (http://www.dol.gov/compliance/guide/taw.htm - broken link)

HuH? There are farms here that grow crops year round......>
1) Obviously you don't.
2) Defined by a Chicano Ideology website.
3) Your statement was
Quote:
maybe up the NUMBER of H-2A visas available just a little each year...? Just a thought.
You can't up the number on an unlimited quota. Just sayin.

Old 06-25-2011, 07:14 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,318,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VoltronRoad View Post
Or maybe they are leaving their children with family because they know their children will have chance for a better life here in the states.
So kids would really have a better life without the nurturing and presence of their fathers or mothers? Nothing can replace that.

Old 06-25-2011, 07:28 AM

951 posts, read 745,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid Reigns View Post
Look at that, your link agrees with me, the only difference is that they recommened allowing for the migration between employers as they migrate quite a bit. Migrant workers frequently move from state to state.

I never stated there wasn't a problem.

Actually they recommend more than just:

Quote:
I say we reduce the H-2A down from 10 months to only 4 months. Now it's no longer broken.

Old 06-25-2011, 07:33 AM

17,531 posts, read 24,698,072 times
So with a shortage of 11,000 pickers in Georgia, what happens to laid off Joe when he is offered a position picking cucumbers for minimum wage and told that when he refuses employment his unemployment is terminated? Welcome to the Third World Joe

Old 06-25-2011, 07:53 AM

17 posts, read 9,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
When one has absolute evidence that someone is guilty of a crime whether they be an immigrant or a citizen they shouldn't be defended by regular people.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elián González View Post

How does that work and what is a 'regular person'? If you believe in law as much as you say, doesn't everyone have a right to counsel and to be defended? Or do you not respect that law?
Reading comprehension much? He didn't say they don't have a right to be defended, but rather that they shouldn't be defended by "regular people," ie. US legal citizens.

Got it? Good.

Old 06-25-2011, 08:02 AM

17,531 posts, read 24,698,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Swedgin View Post
Reading comprehension much? He didn't say they don't have a right to be defended, but rather that they shouldn't be defended by "regular people," ie. US legal citizens.

Got it? Good.
You know......Real Americans......it's not like they are Regular People

Old 06-25-2011, 08:06 AM

17 posts, read 9,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
You know......Real Americans......it's not like they are Regular People
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration