U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2011, 07:56 AM

14,307 posts, read 11,172,244 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by clsicmovies View Post
California spent 1.6 billion on illegals education in 2010, was just announced on news.
I wonder why this seems to be of no concern to some Americans?

Old 06-13-2011, 07:59 AM

23,631 posts, read 31,286,646 times
I wish Texas had the stones to pass a law like this.

Old 06-14-2011, 01:00 AM

841 posts, read 791,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
I wonder why this seems to be of no concern to some Americans?
Open border crowd seems to want to keep printing and spending money with no thought of tomorrow, but now more are waking up to the reality.

Old 06-14-2011, 01:36 AM

19,899 posts, read 15,334,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayarcy View Post
When you say California, keep in mind most illegal aliens, and their supporters, are situated along the coast in San Francisco, Los Angeles, San Diego, and their surrounding areas. Of course big agri-business in the valleys favor cheaps illegal labor, but the inland citizens of the state are no more in favor of illegal immigration than any of the rest of the country.

Many friends i know who live in the HIGH DESERT AREA , are all not wanting illegals in this State at all. S.F. is another story in itself, but most of the people i know don't want a part of any illegal immigration, and they are so frustrated as i am. I write letters, email, constantly, and let those in power in the State know how i feel, i email them almost every day, and drive them nuts. Yes i get the ususal letter from Boxer saying sorry but she disagrees with my stance on immigration of course, she and the other Dems are most of the problem. Want problems solve, stop being ingorant jerks in this State and voting the same clowns in BROWN!!!!!!!

I have family who live in the inland areas the inland empire, and i have a rental in that area also, Canyon Crest Hills a beautiful area,the people i know there and yes some mexican Americans, they too do not want illegals coming and invading our space.

We are an extremely large State, infact some of you small wee bitty States could fit inside of Calif, this is how big we are. Not everyone in this State wants any part of illegal immigration in any way, most of the people i know in O.C. or where i live want any part of illegals period.

I been all over California, and this State has some boonies, i mean the friggin boonies out there in no where land, this State is very large, from some parts of O.C. it can take more then 10 hours to get to S.F. and most of the people i do come across in no way want illegal immigration at all. But you still have the ignorant.

Old 06-14-2011, 12:39 PM

2,113 posts, read 2,248,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
I wish Texas had the stones to pass a law like this.
Well, there was that sanctuary cities bill

Old 06-14-2011, 01:35 PM

23,631 posts, read 31,286,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindy_Jole View Post
Well, there was that sanctuary cities bill
That's nothing.

It hasn't actually passed either.

Sanctuary cities fight begins anew | kvue.com Austin

Old 06-14-2011, 07:13 PM

3,855 posts, read 4,095,331 times
Georgia sends criminals to replace undocumented immigrants - Reid J. Epstein - POLITICO.com

Georgia solves 2 problems illegals and prison over-crowding

Old 06-14-2011, 07:22 PM

14,307 posts, read 11,172,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
Actually these Americans are unemployed "probationers." It would do them good to have a job. Also the pickers are paid $15.00 an hour or less so I guess not all farms operate on piecework wages.

According to the article there are around 10,000 available in rural areas to do farm work.

Note the name of the dissenter below - go figure.

"Jerry Gonzalez", the executive director of the Georgia Association of Latino Elected Officials, said the move won’t help save farmers he said could lose $300 million because of the loss of migrant workers.

Old 06-14-2011, 08:06 PM

86,093 posts, read 70,086,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
That's nothing.

It hasn't actually passed either.

Sanctuary cities fight begins anew | kvue.com Austin
The argument that it would add thousands of new workers they cannot afford is bogus.

After you arrest someone they go to jail.
Once in jail you find out they are illegal.
They already put immigration holds on people in jail.
You call ICE and the matter is out of your hands. THIS IS THE NEW PIECE.

They need thousands of extra workers to make that call ?
What do they know that we don't ? Are there that many illegals that get arrested and brought to jail ?

Old 06-14-2011, 09:52 PM

3,855 posts, read 4,095,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Actually these Americans are unemployed "probationers." It would do them good to have a job. Also the pickers are paid $15.00 an hour or less so I guess not all farms operate on piecework wages.

According to the article there are around 10,000 available in rural areas to do farm work.

Note the name of the dissenter below - go figure.

"Jerry Gonzalez", the executive director of the Georgia Association of Latino Elected Officials, said the move won’t help save farmers he said could lose $300 million because of the loss of migrant workers.
There are 11K jobs to be filled and 8K probationers in the area...

[LEFT]
Quote:
Gary Black, delivered to Deal a survey that found state farm owners have 11,080 jobs they now need to fill.

According to Deal, Georgia has 100,000 probationers, with 8,000 in the state’s heavily-agricultural southwest.
If the program isnt mandatory...I doubt many of the 8,000 in the area would apply or be qualified for farm work.

But Im sure other unemployed will fill the gap.

PS porbationers are not going to make $15 an hour. Unskilled labor does not make as much as the experienced.

[LEFT]
Quote:
The vast majority of those jobs pay $15 per hour or less and last between one and six months, Black’s survey found.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or