U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2011, 06:13 PM

1,421 posts, read 1,237,724 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
"One of the plaintiffs in the case, Paul J. Edwards, is a devout Christian and a board member of a local faith group who strongly believes in helping all individuals in his community regardless of their immigration status. As part of his religious commitment, Edwards transports people, including those who are undocumented, to places of worship and to locations that provide medical assistance. Under the Georgia law, he would be subject to criminal liability for assisting, transporting and harboring undocumented individuals."

Ol well.

Old 06-16-2011, 06:24 PM

14,307 posts, read 11,146,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikCortez View Post
"One of the plaintiffs in the case, Paul J. Edwards, is a devout Christian and a board member of a local faith group who strongly believes in helping all individuals in his community regardless of their immigration status. As part of his religious commitment, Edwards transports people, including those who are undocumented, to places of worship and to locations that provide medical assistance. Under the Georgia law, he would be subject to criminal liability for assisting, transporting and harboring undocumented individuals."

Ol well.
Note the PC word "undocumented"?

Old 06-17-2011, 11:08 AM

63 posts, read 120,862 times
I may get deleted for this but I wanted to post it here first before I post it in GA forums where I really **** people off and get flagged alot.

I posted the other day about how run down a section of Canton looked since becoming "Little Mexico". I also posted about how immigrants stand in the parking lots and wait for someone to come by and hire them for the day. A few have been illegal. I know because I called INS and watched them being picked up.

I will admit....there used to be A LOT more but maybe since the new law hopefully taking effect on July 1 has sent some of them packing. Also, I was driving way too fast by one section and the picture did not take good.

They will literally swarm you if you slow down because they think you are looking for day labor. A guy in the GA forum did not believe that this happens. I told him I would take pictures. I say I mean and mean what I say.

So, I took pictures.

**NOTICE how the one is flagging me down that don't see my camera yet LMAO!

http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk241/gapeach7777/SD530054.jpg (broken link)

http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk241/gapeach7777/SD530053.jpg (broken link)

Old 06-17-2011, 01:04 PM

1,068 posts, read 1,455,973 times
Okay when we all start paying outrageously high prices for groceries and other goods you will be wishing the illegals were here.

Old 06-17-2011, 01:11 PM

3,493 posts, read 2,385,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreasuredJewel View Post
Okay when we all start paying outrageously high prices for groceries and other goods you will be wishing the illegals were here.
When come back bring facts.

Only three percent of illegals work in agriculture. Any slightly higher grocery prices will be more than paid back in lower costs for health care and education.

We really don't need lots of high school drop outs who don't speak English here. If they were net economic contributors their own countries would welcome them home instead of demanding we take them in.

Old 06-17-2011, 01:15 PM

16,739 posts, read 9,472,016 times
Quote:
Nope not me! I'll perhaps get off my butt and grow a garden but if the "extra" money I'm paying for necessities goes to providing a living wage for a north american legal citizen, that's fine by me.

You wanta compete with third world countries and sell your fruit and veggies overseas to become rich, well, you shouldn't be able to do that if the labour rate is the only thing supporting your choice to hire "illegals".

This stuff's got to stop!

The Texas law that states you can't hire an illegal unless it's for your personal useage is just plain chicanery of the old 'slave trade' in dressed-up, string tie disguise. Tx governor needs an a** whupp'n for that one!

Old 06-17-2011, 01:52 PM

1,068 posts, read 1,455,973 times
My father works and owns an agricultural business that DOES NOT hire illegal aliens. They are moving out of my state now due to the bill being passed. Other farmers cannot find people who are willing to do the work, only the illegals were happy and willing to do the hard work. NO American wants these jobs and that is why we will see higher prices next time you go to your local farmer's market, give it a couple of months are so and you will see the difference.

Old 06-17-2011, 02:15 PM

2,113 posts, read 2,241,612 times
Quote:
We are already being taxed to death and supporting illegals with our taxes.

Old 06-17-2011, 04:09 PM

3,674 posts, read 5,851,772 times
Quote:
My father works and owns an agricultural business that DOES NOT hire illegal aliens. They are moving out of my state now due to the bill being passed. Other farmers cannot find people who are willing to do the work, only the illegals were happy and willing to do the hard work. NO American wants these jobs and that is why we will see higher prices next time you go to your local farmer's market, give it a couple of months are so and you will see the difference.
So how does your father find legal workers?

Old 06-17-2011, 04:16 PM

5,302 posts, read 4,010,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amv4372 View Post
...I posted the other day about how run down a section of Canton looked since becoming "Little Mexico". I also posted about how immigrants stand in the parking lots and wait for someone to come by and hire them for the day...
With the aside that day laborers don't hang out in places in Mexico, so there wouldn't be a comparison...

Quote:
Originally Posted by amv4372 View Post
...A few have been illegal. I know because I called INS and watched them being picked up...
No such current government agency. With your location, that would be ICE (it looks to be away from any possible Border Patrol coverage)? How fast can they get someone out from the Atlanta Field Office that you are still watching for the pick-up?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or