U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 06-21-2011, 11:28 PM
 
Location: Jacurutu
5,302 posts, read 4,012,769 times
Reputation: 601

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
...It has no legal force if they say it in Spanish, unless the cop understands what they are saying. They will still be checked. You know the CBP runs checkpoints away from the border as well, and they stop Americans they don't have passports or birth certificates in them and ask them if they are US citizens. They say yes, then they have to be let go unless the checkpoint supervisor has set up that every 4th person that comes through is inspected thoroughly. It's really a lot easier than what you're making it out to be
Actually a statement of citizenship is the same whether it is said in Spanish or English...

Think about it, if a person goes through a Port of Entry giving false claim to citizenship in Spanish, they still should be penalized for misrepresentation, correct?...

Border Patrol checkpoints cannot send vehicles for secondary inspections unless further search is needed. Someone cannot be detained based on random selections. You are confusing this with earlier checkpoint mechanisms to survive court challenges.

CBP officers have sometimes been moved away from their regular positions at Port of Entries to checkpoints, but it is purely to supplement the Border Patrol personnel, freeing them for their duties. At temporary checkpoints it has been proven to be embarrassing, as the CBP officers forget where they are, and try to search vehicles without consent (as they can lawfully do along the border). Terry Bressi ("CheckpointUSA") had video of a CBP officer attempting to open a locked compartment in the back of a pickup.

 
Old 06-22-2011, 07:50 AM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,152,437 times
Reputation: 2130
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
Because they pulled her over after running her tag, and gave no moving violation as a reason they stopped her. At first they were asking her if she was "a friend" of the registered owner, not matching her name to the tag. I even pondered if had been a Hispanic pulled over with the tag with an other-than-Hispanic surname, would the police simply ask if they were "a friend" of the family?
I as I white person have been pulled over but not given a citation but instead a warning. Of course you would "ponder" your scenario as it would be in keeping with your usual victim mentality for Hispanics. Face it, Hispanics are here by far in the largest numbers illegally so that ethnic group is going to see more inquiries by LE. I would suggest that the Hispanic community speak out against illegal immigration loudly rather than demonizing our enforcement of it but I won't hold my breath.
 
Old 06-22-2011, 11:47 AM
 
Location: Jacurutu
5,302 posts, read 4,012,769 times
Reputation: 601
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
I as I white person have been pulled over but not given a citation but instead a warning. Of course you would "ponder" your scenario as it would be in keeping with your usual victim mentality for Hispanics. Face it, Hispanics are here by far in the largest numbers illegally so that ethnic group is going to see more inquiries by LE. I would suggest that the Hispanic community speak out against illegal immigration loudly rather than demonizing our enforcement of it but I won't hold my breath.
What moving violation were you warned about? I provided an instance of pulling over a vehicle for no lawful cause. The officers focused on her not matching their view of whom should have a Hispanic surname.

Another ethnic group understands this as "Driving While Black"...

Maybe those peoples within the state of Georgia (and Alabama) should think about that a little further...
 
Old 06-22-2011, 12:42 PM
 
9,243 posts, read 7,100,483 times
Reputation: 2199
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
What moving violation were you warned about? I provided an instance of pulling over a vehicle for no lawful cause. The officers focused on her not matching their view of whom should have a Hispanic surname.

Another ethnic group understands this as "Driving While Black"...

Maybe those peoples within the state of Georgia (and Alabama) should think about that a little further...
Whats your suggestion to stop illegal immigration rather than criticize employers?
 
Old 06-22-2011, 02:42 PM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,152,437 times
Reputation: 2130
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
What moving violation were you warned about? I provided an instance of pulling over a vehicle for no lawful cause. The officers focused on her not matching their view of whom should have a Hispanic surname.

Another ethnic group understands this as "Driving While Black"...

Maybe those peoples within the state of Georgia (and Alabama) should think about that a little further...
I was warned about coming to rolling stop at a stop sign. You evidently don't know the details of the case you are quoting as to why this car was pulled over. You are grasping as straws trying to imply that the car was stopped simply because it was registered to someone with a Hispanic surname. There has to be more than that to it. Of course those with a vicitm mentality for Hispanics always want to claim racial profiling.

Hispanics can also be blonde haired and blue-eyed and the cops also know this. There are many Hispanic cops these days also.

Oh, now we are going to go from the victim mentality for Hispanics to that of blacks now? Appears you really hate that white skin you are living in or at least that is the way you come across. It explains a lot about the associations with white race hating forums though.
 
Old 06-22-2011, 03:04 PM
 
Location: Jacurutu
5,302 posts, read 4,012,769 times
Reputation: 601
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
...You evidently don't know the details of the case you are quoting as to why this car was pulled over. You are grasping as straws trying to imply that the car was stopped simply because it was registered to someone with a Hispanic surname. There has to be more than that to it. Of course those with a vicitm mentality for Hispanics always want to claim racial profiling.

Hispanics can also be blonde haired and blue-eyed and the cops also know this. There are many Hispanic cops these days also.

Oh, now we are going to go from the victim mentality for Hispanics to that of blacks now? Appears you really hate that white skin you are living in or at least that is the way you come across. It explains a lot about the associations with white race hating forums though.
I trust the friend relating the story to be truthful for how she told it...

Evidently her blonde hair did throw the Deputies for having a Hispanic surname (through marriage)...

I didn't attribute any ethnicities for the police in either her stop or the "DWB" incidences, but your mind made the leap just fine, along with the personal attack...
 
Old 06-22-2011, 04:01 PM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,152,437 times
Reputation: 2130
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
I trust the friend relating the story to be truthful for how she told it...

Evidently her blonde hair did throw the Deputies for having a Hispanic surname (through marriage)...

I didn't attribute any ethnicities for the police in either her stop or the "DWB" incidences, but your mind made the leap just fine, along with the personal attack...
The cops may not have told her all the reasons that her car was stopped however. That Hispanic surname might have been a suspect in a crime case or something.

I did not claim that the cop was Hispanic. I said that many were. You don't know the difference between those two statements?

I didn't make a personal attack I was merely passing on to you what appears to me a dislike of your own race from your posts and from a past that you and I have shared in another forum. If a white person doesn't hate the skin they are in they wouldn't hang out in white race hating forums and constantly defend minorities, especially Hispanics for no good reason. Are the facts personal attacks now? Grow some thick skin, will you?
 
Old 06-23-2011, 02:15 AM
 
Location: Jacurutu
5,302 posts, read 4,012,769 times
Reputation: 601
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
The cops may not have told her all the reasons that her car was stopped however. That Hispanic surname might have been a suspect in a crime case or something...
Which probably would have been done as a felony traffic stop instead?...
 
Old 06-24-2011, 08:38 AM
 
Location: Arizona
93 posts, read 60,684 times
Reputation: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
I as I white person have been pulled over but not given a citation but instead a warning. Of course you would "ponder" your scenario as it would be in keeping with your usual victim mentality for Hispanics. Face it, Hispanics are here by far in the largest numbers illegally so that ethnic group is going to see more inquiries by LE. I would suggest that the Hispanic community speak out against illegal immigration loudly rather than demonizing our enforcement of it but I won't hold my breath.
The "Hispanic" community existed here in the SW before white Americans. They are 30% of Arizona. Many here still have family in the old country. They are as American as you, no matter what you and your papers say. Latinos HAVE advocated for just immigration laws, you just don't listen. The guest worker program is broken because big business, not crop farmers, want it that way.

You are again in keeping with the "victim mentality" just like when Native Indians were inconvenient to "white" expansion and superiority.
 
Old 06-24-2011, 08:50 AM
 
Location: Arizona
93 posts, read 60,684 times
Reputation: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
The cops may not have told her all the reasons that her car was stopped however. That Hispanic surname might have been a suspect in a crime case or something.

I did not claim that the cop was Hispanic. I said that many were. You don't know the difference between those two statements?

I didn't make a personal attack I was merely passing on to you what appears to me a dislike of your own race from your posts and from a past that you and I have shared in another forum. If a white person doesn't hate the skin they are in they wouldn't hang out in white race hating forums and constantly defend minorities, especially Hispanics for no good reason. Are the facts personal attacks now? Grow some thick skin, will you?
Maybe "defending minorities" is a HUMAN thing to do and has nothing to do with race. Good reason to me, don't you think?

As for morons tho.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top