Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2011, 08:47 PM

16,966 posts, read 34,712,359 times

Advertisements

China's "Born in the USA" Frenzy - Yahoo! News (http://tinyurl.com/4xkmrun - broken link)

Pay money, fly over, have your baby in an unlicensed maternity center, obtain fake Chinese citizenship registration -- all in the hope that in 21 years the child can sponsor them for green cards and emigrate.

This needs to stop. We can't fulfill our obligations to our current citizens; how many more will there be once all of the anchor babies seek to legalize their parents?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2011, 09:02 PM

3,854 posts, read 4,834,892 times
Quote:
Since most airlines refuse to accept women passengers who are more than 32 weeks pregnant, Liu Li set off for America when she was six months pregnant and then checked into a Chinese birthing center in California.
the center was closed down months ago...

Old 06-14-2011, 09:13 PM

Quote:
After her arrival, Liu Li realized that the area was full of facilities set up for Chinese women like herself. On the limited occasions when Liu Li goes to the Punete Hill Mall near her birthing center - the facility limits walks outside its premises to three per week, each time for about three hours - Liu Li bumps into lots of pregnant Chinese women. Birthing centers such as Liu Li's, which are mostly situated in America's beautiful west coastal areas, operate without a business license, and try to be as discreet as possible. In April, a number of illegally converted maternity centers in Los Angeles were discovered and shut down, which makes Liu Li very nervous.
Her illegal birthing center was not shut down, however some were.

But that really doesn't matter to the illegals coming in from south of the border. They're flat out using our hospitals.

Old 06-14-2011, 09:16 PM

24,561 posts, read 40,277,139 times
There is no denying that birth tourism exists. Let's not be naive.

Old 06-14-2011, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
There is no denying that birth tourism exists. Let's not be naive.

You've missed my point -- birthright citizenship is being abused by many groups -- not just Hispanics. It's just that some groups are more discreet.

FWIW -- I live outside NYC and there is a large birth tourism trade here.

Old 06-15-2011, 03:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhBeeHave View Post
You've missed my point -- birthright citizenship is being abused by many groups -- not just Hispanics. It's just that some groups are more discreet.

NO. the point of your topic was Chinese birthing centers. They were not closed down because of birthright citizenship...it was because the mothers over-stayed their tourist visas.

These women wanted to have a child here in the US, then return to China...wait 18 years, then send their child to America, then have the child petion for their naturalization ...which takes 10 to 15 years on average. A lot of things can happen in 20 years, and even more things happen in 30 years.

Old 06-15-2011, 07:11 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,559,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
NO. the point of your topic was Chinese birthing centers. They were not closed down because of birthright citizenship...it was because the mothers over-stayed their tourist visas.

These women wanted to have a child here in the US, then return to China...wait 18 years, then send their child to America, then have the child petion for their naturalization ...which takes 10 to 15 years on average. A lot of things can happen in 20 years, and even more things happen in 30 years.
Or, they can simply remain here and overstay their visa, and live off of taxpayers. It’s a common occurrence (visa overstays), and accounts for at least 40 percent of illegal immigration. Do you actually condone this unethical “birth tourism” practice?

Old 06-15-2011, 07:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Or, they can simply remain here and overstay their visa, and live off of taxpayers. It’s a common occurrence (visa overstays), and accounts for at least 40 percent of illegal immigration. Do you actually condone this unethical “birth tourism” practice?
Birthing centers...having babies and returning to home country. over-staying visas.

all persons who over-stay their visas are subject to arrest and deportation...thats the law.

Having a child in the US is not against the law.

Old 06-15-2011, 08:21 AM

2,112 posts, read 2,696,686 times
This is just disgusting. The US should not be the daycare for these foreigners blatantly abusing the system.

Old 06-15-2011, 08:43 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,277,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhBeeHave View Post

No, I didn't miss anything. If I wanted to address your points specifically, I would have quoted them.

My remarks were speaking to the thread in general and addressed to anyone who has doubts that this exists.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration