Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2011, 04:23 PM

1,150 posts, read 1,178,707 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Ufortunately, far too many politicians (especially the Democrats) are falliing all over themselves to gain the Hispanic vote which means you must be for amnesty/CIR or you won't gain it. Which leads to the question why do Hispanics think their ethnic group should be above our laws? Also, only 10 million Hispanics voted in the last presidential election opposed to over 200 million non-hispanics that voted. Did our politicians fail basic math?
It's always amazed me that they would risk alienating the majority of voters in order to appease the minority. I think they've also failed 'commom sense.' Don't politicians know that if there's ever enough Hispanics to swing a vote, they won't vote for the Smiths, Joneses, O'Reillys, Wongs, etc. How does President Villaraigosa sound, or President Gutierrez? By courting the Hispanic vote, and pandering to illegal aliens, politicians not of Hispanic descent are cutting their own throats.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2011, 04:28 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,442,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
It use to be that someone was elected because of his/her Honor, integrity and commitment.
Now it's just like a sales advertisment. They'll lie through their teeth to get people to fall for their BS. Once they're voted in, it's the people problem if they find they have a defect.

Oh i say it all the time, so yes i agree with you, and that does go for both parties. But i do admit Obama threw the bull of a new era of HOPE AND CHAGE, what a crock that turned out to be, and sorry but no he can't.

I hate to say this but do not believe in Obama's integrity, my right.

I truly beleive that Obama is weak. And weak in standing up to those he should be standing up too. I gave credit where credit was due with Osama, but hey this ecnomy is going down fast. So what is he going to do pease the latino community, but to hek with Americans. He was a sales advertisment, advertising Hope and Change, once i heard that catch phrase over and over again, i knew it was a load of bull. I truly hope that he Changes his mind on immigration, what a great change that would be.

Old 06-18-2011, 05:13 PM

1,421 posts, read 1,490,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayarcy View Post
It's always amazed me that they would risk alienating the majority of voters in order to appease the minority. I think they've also failed 'commom sense.' Don't politicians know that if there's ever enough Hispanics to swing a vote, they won't vote for the Smiths, Joneses, O'Reillys, Wongs, etc. How does President Villaraigosa sound, or President Gutierrez? By courting the Hispanic vote, and pandering to illegal aliens, politicians not of Hispanic descent are cutting their own throats.
Not allways true. Hispanics like me who DONT speak Spanish dont always vote for Hispanics cause there Hispanic.

Old 06-18-2011, 05:13 PM

1,150 posts, read 1,178,707 times
There are several of our laws illegal aliens won't accept, so I guess one more doesn't matter to them.

Old 06-18-2011, 07:00 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,317,510 times
Quote:
You're exactly right! If Hispanics ever become the majority in this country they will only vote for other Hispanic politicians. The idiot non-hispanic politicians are only impowering them by encouraging their growth via illegal immigration and pandering to them. They are only their useful idiots for the time being. When the time is right they'll get thrown under the bus.

Old 06-18-2011, 07:02 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,317,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikCortez View Post
Not allways true. Hispanics like me who DONT speak Spanish dont always vote for Hispanics cause there Hispanic.
I applaud you for that. Unfortunately I believe you are among the minority of Hispanics that don't think along ethnic lines.

Old 06-18-2011, 10:25 PM

13,387 posts, read 19,428,052 times
Quote:
You're exactly right!
Quote:
If Hispanics ever become the majority in this country
they will only vote for other Hispanic politicians. The idiot non-hispanic politicians are only impowering them by encouraging their growth via illegal immigration and pandering to them. They are only their useful idiots for the time being. When the time is right they'll get thrown under the bus.
If and when this ever happens, it won't be in our lifetime.

Old 06-19-2011, 07:07 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,416,507 times
Quote:
Don't believe the hype of a Latino swing vote. There has been some excellent analysis done that shows why it's not the case.

Latinos as a percentage of the electorate are behind blacks. They also have the lowest turnout rates among the blacks, whites and hispanics.

I don't know how pandering to illegals will help Obama in Ohio and other Midwestern states. Maybe they know something the rest of us don't.

Old 06-19-2011, 08:54 AM

3,727 posts, read 6,223,207 times
Quote:
If Hispanics ever become the majority in this country.
Will never remotely happen in any of our lifetimes, and even projections decades in the future confirm this. However, individual states will have a Latino majority. In New Mexico, Hispanics now outnumber whites. In California, non hispanic whites are 40% of the population, 37% are Hispanic. Children under 18 are now majority Hispanic, which means that in a few years California will join New Mexico in having a population majority Latino. Often overlooked when examining California demographics is the rapidly increasing Asian population, which actually had a larger percentage increase in the last decade than did Hispanics.

Old 06-19-2011, 09:36 AM

1,421 posts, read 1,490,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackShoe View Post
Will never remotely happen in any of our lifetimes, and even projections decades in the future confirm this. However, individual states will have a Latino majority. In New Mexico, Hispanics now outnumber whites. In California, non hispanic whites are 40% of the population, 37% are Hispanic. Children under 18 are now majority Hispanic, which means that in a few years California will join New Mexico in having a population majority Latino. Often overlooked when examining California demographics is the rapidly increasing Asian population, which actually had a larger percentage increase in the last decade than did Hispanics.
Asians are like Cubans. Cubans are Repub a lot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration