U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2011, 08:18 AM

15,179 posts, read 15,816,809 times

Advertisements

More threats from supporters of scofflaws. So, the "Latino community" won't accept a measure intended to identify illegal aliens working in this country to ensure only legal workers are being employed. And, will not vote for Obama if he signs a law making it mandatory for all employers. Well, that certainly speaks volumes.

Funny, I thought Latinos were also Americans, and were also being displaced by illegal workers. Why on earth would they not want illegal employment to end?

Quote:
Rep. Luis Gutierrez (D-Ill.) warned President Barack Obama on Tuesday that Latinos will not regard as “acceptable” a move to make the E-Verify system of checking prospective employees’ immigration status mandatory for all U.S. firms, as urged by Republicans.

“The president’s Hispanic advisors must make him understand that signing such a proposal before the 2012 elections is not acceptable to the Latino community,” the congressman said, stressing the importance of the Hispanic vote for Obama’s reelection
Latin American Herald Tribune - Lawmaker to Obama: Latinos Won’t Accept Mandatory E-Verify
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2011, 08:32 AM

18,563 posts, read 15,777,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
More threats from supporters of scofflaws. So, the "Latino community" won't accept a measure intended to identify illegal aliens working in this country to ensure only legal workers are being employed. And, will not vote for Obama if he signs a law making it mandatory for all employers. Well, that certainly speaks volumes.

Funny, I thought Latinos were also Americans, and were also being displaced by illegal workers. Why on earth would they not want illegal employment to end?

Latin American Herald Tribune - Lawmaker to Obama: Latinos Won’t Accept Mandatory E-Verify
It must be tough for Guitterrez seeing the goal that he has worked so tirelessly for, become more out of reach every passing day.

He has notions of grandeur if he thinks he speaks for all or even the majority of Hispanics.

Old 06-16-2011, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
It must be tough for Guitterrez seeing the goal that he has worked so tirelessly for, become more out of reach every passing day.

He has notions of grandeur if he thinks he speaks for all or even the majority of Hispanics.
How true. Gutierrez is simply an illegal alien peddler/profiteer, similar to the former slave traders. By NO means, does he speak for all Hispanics.

Old 06-16-2011, 08:45 AM

12,775 posts, read 7,382,710 times
Well, if they won't accept it they can immigrate to latino countries that don't use e-verify.

Let them live and work there.

The gall of some people...!!!

Old 06-16-2011, 09:02 AM

14,307 posts, read 11,152,437 times
Quote:

The sheer arrogance of the Latino community continues to amaze me. If that isn't outright stating that they think they are special and that their illegal counterparts should be above our laws then I don't know what does.

Old 06-16-2011, 09:19 AM

951 posts, read 616,961 times
Quote:
How true. Gutierrez is simply an illegal alien peddler/profiteer, similar to the former slave traders. By NO means, does he speak for all Hispanics.

I like how when I point out that the current immigration laws being enacted need to be changed and bring up women's suffrage and slavery as examples of other laws that need to be changed and get a whole onslaught of "omg he's comparing us to racists in slave days! That's so different! These people are hardly slaves!!!"

Then I read this post where you are ACTUALLY calling this guy a slave trader for sticking up for the rights of Hispanics. I must say, the irony is pretty awesome.

Old 06-16-2011, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by huddledmasses View Post
I like how when I point out that the current immigration laws being enacted need to be changed and bring up women's suffrage and slavery as examples of other laws that need to be changed and get a whole onslaught of "omg he's comparing us to racists in slave days! That's so different! These people are hardly slaves!!!"

Then I read this post where you are ACTUALLY calling this guy a slave trader for sticking up for the rights of Hispanics. I must say, the irony is pretty awesome.
Wrong! I compared him to a slave trader due to the fact that his motive for defending “immigrant” rights is to profit from the cheap labor industry. Or, perhaps a better analogy would have been plantation owner.

Old 06-16-2011, 09:34 AM

951 posts, read 616,961 times
I know and the fact they are cheap labor and getting paid is the exact reason you cry about slaves being brought up. So how does he profit from their cheap labor exactly? I didn't know social workers and high school teachers profited so much off of these illegals, especially to the point we can start calling them plantation owners. Do explain.

Old 06-16-2011, 09:43 AM

3,730 posts, read 5,091,677 times
Wont accept E-verify? Okay, so what happens when they are fired and locked out of their jobs and replaced by someone who will accept it? When word of that gets around watch how fast there is an attitude change.

Old 06-16-2011, 11:47 AM

2,798 posts, read 5,363,879 times
Its just the same old crap. Of ALL the people who wish to come to our country, only the Hispanic people should be allowed to disregard, ignore and disrespect our laws because for some unknowable reason, they are SPECIAL!

Could someone please tell me why they are being afforded such exclusive treatment? What makes them so much more special, or deserving, than say, someone from Uganda or Ethiopa? Or what about those from Zimbabwe, the poorest country in the world, who truly need help in achieving a better life? Their GDP per capita is $0.1. Mexico's is $13,800.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or