U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2011, 06:03 PM

403 posts, read 280,669 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Yeah..it should be MOST, not all.

LaRaza itself says 9 out of 10 Hispanic children are on food stamps.
So yeah..it's MOST but not all.
Regardless of whether or not that stat is true, that doesn't mean illegal immigrants aren't pulling their own weight, whatever that means. Obviously they provide more than enough value for their employers or else they wouldn't be stealing all the jobs as people like to claim.

Old 06-21-2011, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post

Unless an illegal alien has health and auto insurance, isn't living 10 in a 1 or 2 bedroom house, not living off their anchors and is paying all applicable income taxes ( of course through a fraudulent number though) no, they aren't pulling their weight. Very few illegals fit the above criteria. Doesn't matter anyway. This is about the rule of law and our soveirgn borders.
Plz provide a source for this assertion.

Old 06-21-2011, 06:12 PM

16,886 posts, read 12,536,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Mormon Leaders Say Undocumented Immigrants Should Be Allowed to Work and Stay - Fox News Latino

That’s funny. It wasn’t too long ago that these “Christians” refused to admit black “children of God” into their churches.

I dont consider "undocumented" to be legal, I consider them to be criminal aliens. deserving of nothing but a 1 way ticket to the country of their choice outside of the borders of the USA.

Old 06-21-2011, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
You need to educate yourself on the costs vs any so-called benefits to our tax coffers by illegal aliens. It is a huge negative.

Arbitrary quota? Um, our immigration quotas are based on criteria that will not negatively impact our own citizens. I would hardly call it arbitrary. Many if not most of them commit other infractions of the law besides violating our quotas for legal immigration.

Just a couple of questions and you can choose to anwer them or not. Are you an American? Are you Hispanic or some other person with ethnic ties to illegal aliens?
By all means, I'll read any link you provide explaining these costs unless it's some absurd length. Or just quantify "huge negative"

Clearly the criteria they are using for the quota is flawed is flawed since the flight of illegal immigrants from Georgia is going to have a huge adverse impact on their economy.

My ethnicity is not relevant. The lions share of my ancestors have been here since before the country was formed or shortly thereafter.

Old 06-21-2011, 07:22 PM

2,526 posts, read 2,312,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viridian Ideals View Post
Regardless of whether or not that stat is true, that doesn't mean illegal immigrants aren't pulling their own weight, whatever that means. Obviously they provide more than enough value for their employers or else they wouldn't be stealing all the jobs as people like to claim.
If illegal aliens are receiving any Government food stamps, housing and medical assistance for their US born children than they are NOT pulling their own weight. To "pull your own weight" means to provide for your self as well as your family. Without Government aid.

The real issue is not whether illegal aliens provide value for their employer (a person working for free will do that), but rather if illegal aliens provide value for America. Of which they do not.

Old 06-21-2011, 07:27 PM

2,526 posts, read 2,312,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viridian Ideals View Post
Clearly the criteria they are using for the quota is flawed is flawed since the flight of illegal immigrants from Georgia is going to have a huge adverse impact on their economy.
Georgia was fine without illegals and will be fine when they're gone too.

Alabama will be too when every illegal alien is driven from it's borders.

Old 06-21-2011, 07:40 PM

21,260 posts, read 20,859,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
except that they were/are considered subhuman.
That is absolutely false. There has never, ever been any teaching of that kind in Mormonism. Why do you feel it necessary to lie to make your point?

Quote:
But guess what children of moroni, the illegals don't have have any $$ for you to tithe. Haha.
Well then I guess that's not our motive after all then.

Last edited by Katzpur; 06-21-2011 at 08:04 PM..

Old 06-21-2011, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
However, by your own admission, the Mormon Church did in fact practice discrimination for over one hundred years. I said it is my “understanding” they changed their stance for fear of losing their tax-exempt status. Please correct me if I am wrong.
Okay, you are wrong. The Church prohibited Black men from holding its lay priesthood. Yes, it was exclusionary and I believe it was wrong. However, the Church still prohibits women from holding the priesthood, as does the Roman Catholic Church, which is roughly 100 times the size of the LDS Church. Churches have always been permitted to set their own policies in terms of the way they operate. While it might have been wrong of the LDS Church to ban Blacks from holding the priesthood, it was a religious rights issue, not a civil rights issue. Back in the early '60s, a lot of pressure was exerted on the Church to change this policy. It didn't work. By the time the policy was changed in 1978, there was virtually no pressure whatsoever from either civil rights groups or government groups of any kind. Their tax-exempt status was a total non-issue (as it is today, the fact that women are still not permitted to hold the priesthood notwithstanding).

Quote:
Although also off-topic, do they “discourage” interracial relationships? I am trying to understand why they are so concerned about discrimination on the basis of “culture” or “race” relative to illegal immigration, if they continue to harbor such racist opinions toward others.
The Church discourages any relationship that might be more likely to end in divorce, since it is so pro-marriage. It would similarly discourage relationships between people of vastly differing economic or educational levels for the same reason. The Church wants marriages to last, that's all. There are many mixed-race marriages performed in the Church's temple every year and these are blessed by the Church to exactly the same degree as every other marriage.

Old 06-21-2011, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
Of course the LDS church wants illegals to be allowed to work, how else could they pay ten percent of their income to the Mormon church otherwise?
And if they did, and had insufficient income to take care of their families as a result, they could go to the Church for their support, as opposed to being a drain on government welfare. The Church would make sure they had all the food, clothing and other essentials they needed.

Quote:
The LDS religion is the fastest growing religion in the world...
I'm glad it was you who said that and not me. I'd have been laughed right off this forum.

Quote:
...the LDS church has not only an international voice, but two current Republicans, Romney and Huntsman are running for the presidential nomination. I wonder what they think of their religion's political stance on this issue?
Maybe someone should ask them. The simple fact that they are LDS does not mean that they agree with every Church policy.

Quote:
Whatever happened to separation of church and state?
You tell me.

Old 06-21-2011, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlabamaStorm View Post
Georgia was fine without illegals and will be fine when they're gone too.

Alabama will be too when every illegal alien is driven from it's borders.
Lulz, yes! Once this scourge is driven from your borders all your problems will be solved! Your state will no longer be languishing at the bottom of the rankings of the country for education. Nor will you be one of the top recipients of federal aid. Also the per capita income will skyrocket! All you need to do it give those dirty illegals the boot. Or not... But hey, your education system may suck, you are one of the biggest drains on federal funds of every state, but at least your college football teams will be strong.. AMIRITE?!?!?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or