U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 06-21-2011, 09:14 PM
 
Location: Tempe, Az
1,421 posts, read 1,240,306 times
Reputation: 410

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viridian Ideals View Post
Lulz, yes! Once this scourge is driven from your borders all your problems will be solved! Your state will no longer be languishing at the bottom of the rankings of the country. Nor will you be one of the top recipients of federal aid. Also the per capita income will skyrocket! All you need to do it give those dirty illegals the boot. Or not... But hey, your education system may suck, you are one of the biggest drains on federal funds of every state, but at least your college football teams will be strong.. AMIRITE?!?!?
Yeppers.

Time to chase off the illegals cause you say Alabama is trash. Illegals make it worse.

 
Old 06-21-2011, 09:34 PM
 
403 posts, read 281,234 times
Reputation: 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikCortez View Post
Yeppers.

Time to chase off the illegals cause you say Alabama is trash. Illegals make it worse.
Everything I quoted is accurate. Alabama is one of the highest recipients of federal aid, but that's just because of all those no-good illegals they have dragging their state down, I'm sure. They are also one of the lowest ranked in education as well, look it up, I don't lie.


Please cite evidence that illegals make Alabama worse? I'm sure I'm wrong and Alabama would be a bastion of technological innovation, free thought, and economic production if not for those illegals.
 
Old 06-21-2011, 10:07 PM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,836,058 times
Reputation: 3028
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
Okay, you are wrong. The Church prohibited Black men from holding its lay priesthood. Yes, it was exclusionary and I believe it was wrong. However, the Church still prohibits women from holding the priesthood, as does the Roman Catholic Church, which is roughly 100 times the size of the LDS Church. Churches have always been permitted to set their own policies in terms of the way they operate. While it might have been wrong of the LDS Church to ban Blacks from holding the priesthood, it was a religious rights issue, not a civil rights issue. Back in the early '60s, a lot of pressure was exerted on the Church to change this policy. It didn't work. By the time the policy was changed in 1978, there was virtually no pressure whatsoever from either civil rights groups or government groups of any kind. Their tax-exempt status was a total non-issue (as it is today, the fact that women are still not permitted to hold the priesthood notwithstanding).

The Church discourages any relationship that might be more likely to end in divorce, since it is so pro-marriage. It would similarly discourage relationships between people of vastly differing economic or educational levels for the same reason. The Church wants marriages to last, that's all. There are many mixed-race marriages performed in the Church's temple every year and these are blessed by the Church to exactly the same degree as every other marriage.
Then, I was wrong, and I stand corrected on the tax-exempt issue. I realize all denominations have policies. However, what ďreligious rights" issue did the LDS have for denying black men the priesthood, if not based solely on their race? I donít understand. Arenít black men also men? Then, why was there such disparity in treatment? Please clarify.

I have heard from others that the leaders of the LDS do not support interracial marriages between black and white, not due to their belief that such marriages are more likely to end in divorce. Rather, due to their belief that black people are inferior. But, to remain on-topic, I will refrain from further comments on this subject.
 
Old 06-21-2011, 10:09 PM
 
2,526 posts, read 2,317,766 times
Reputation: 327
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viridian Ideals View Post
Lulz, yes! Once this scourge is driven from your borders all your problems will be solved! Your state will no longer be languishing at the bottom of the rankings of the country for education. Nor will you be one of the top recipients of federal aid. Also the per capita income will skyrocket! All you need to do it give those dirty illegals the boot. Or not... But hey, your education system may suck, you are one of the biggest drains on federal funds of every state, but at least your college football teams will be strong.. AMIRITE?!?!?
No you're wrong..lol

Trust me, adding more poor and under educated illegal aliens to our welfare rolls will not make Alabama any better. Illegals do not belong in Alabama. They never have and never will.
 
Old 06-21-2011, 10:15 PM
 
2,526 posts, read 2,317,766 times
Reputation: 327
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viridian Ideals View Post
Everything I quoted is accurate. Alabama is one of the highest recipients of federal aid, but that's just because of all those no-good illegals they have dragging their state down, I'm sure. They are also one of the lowest ranked in education as well, look it up, I don't lie.


Please cite evidence that illegals make Alabama worse? I'm sure I'm wrong and Alabama would be a bastion of technological innovation, free thought, and economic production if not for those illegals.
Why cite anything? Illegals don't belong in Alabama. I wouldn't care if they came here and paved the roads with gold. If they watered my lawn by hand, cleaned my pool, washed my car and called me master for free . I want all illegals out of this state..lol
 
Old 06-21-2011, 10:15 PM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,836,058 times
Reputation: 3028
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viridian Ideals View Post
Everything I quoted is accurate. Alabama is one of the highest recipients of federal aid, but that's just because of all those no-good illegals they have dragging their state down, I'm sure. They are also one of the lowest ranked in education as well, look it up, I don't lie.


Please cite evidence that illegals make Alabama worse? I'm sure I'm wrong and Alabama would be a bastion of technological innovation, free thought, and economic production if not for those illegals.
If Alabama was already at the bottom of the barrel, why would you believe an influx of uneducated, unskilled, low-wage earners would boost their ranking? Címon, this is simple common sense.
 
Old 06-21-2011, 10:23 PM
 
2,526 posts, read 2,317,766 times
Reputation: 327
When Alabama gets rid of the illegals we'll start working on the rest of the free loaders, Government teat suckers and the other handout seekers.

One step at a time. Alabama works from the bottom up. Illegals get the boot first.

I have no sympathy for lawless invaders (ie: Illegal Aliens) setting foot on my soil. Nope. Not in Alabama.
 
Old 06-21-2011, 10:39 PM
 
Location: Tempe, Az
1,421 posts, read 1,240,306 times
Reputation: 410
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viridian Ideals View Post
Everything I quoted is accurate. Alabama is one of the highest recipients of federal aid, but that's just because of all those no-good illegals they have dragging their state down, I'm sure. They are also one of the lowest ranked in education as well, look it up, I don't lie.


Please cite evidence that illegals make Alabama worse? I'm sure I'm wrong and Alabama would be a bastion of technological innovation, free thought, and economic production if not for those illegals.
How bout illegal aliens are lawbreakers to start off with?

The good people of Alabama DONT want illegals there. If illegals stay there; theyll get in real trouble soon.
 
Old 06-21-2011, 10:58 PM
 
Location: Jacurutu
5,302 posts, read 4,020,887 times
Reputation: 601
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
A poem enscribed on the Statue of Liberty given to us by the French long ago...
Actually "The New Colossus" was placed in 1903, by the work of a friend to memorialize it's author, Emma Lazarus, not even an immigrant...
 
Old 06-22-2011, 05:43 AM
Yac
 
5,877 posts, read 6,307,966 times
Another thread I'm closing, since it went from the original topic into repeating what's been said here over and over.
Closed.
Yac.
__________________
Forum Rules
City-Data.com homepage
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top