U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2011, 10:03 AM

15,179 posts, read 15,813,362 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by huddledmasses View Post
Or they learned their lessons from the past maybe. Butnaaahhhh.
Admitting black people into their church, and advocating for the legalization of foreign interlopers, is not even remotely the same. Their decision to change their racist tradition, and their decision to now support lawlessness, if anything, contradicts Christian doctrine. That is, unless God changed His mind, and liars and thieves are no longer considered a no-no according to His Ten Commandments.

Old 06-16-2011, 10:05 AM

951 posts, read 616,793 times
Yeah I'm sure Jesus would have set up an extra day to preach about those evil doers crossing a border to work? Which commandment does that break exactly?

Old 06-16-2011, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Yeah I'm sure Jesus would have set up an extra day to preach about those evil doers crossing a border to work? Which commandment does that break exactly?
Yes, I am sure Jesus condones their ID theft, fraud, tax evasion, and myriad scams for them to remain in a country they have illegally entered.

Now, can we discuss the hypocrisy of the Mormon Church in their defense of illegal aliens?

Old 06-16-2011, 10:21 AM

951 posts, read 616,793 times
So the churches are advocating that they do these thing things to obtain work or are they advocating we allow them legal means to work?

1st ****ing sentence.

Quote:
Utah’s Mormon leaders, who in recent months have emerged as a force in immigration, say undocumented immigrants should be given a way to work legally in the United States.
You even straw man the church. lulz.

Old 06-16-2011, 10:24 AM

21,265 posts, read 20,872,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Not true. However, I don’t want to make this thread an issue of race. I merely stated a fact to illustrate their hypocrisy.

Mormons and Black Skin

African Americans and the Mormon Church
Benicar, I have been a Mormon for my entire life (62 years). There is not one detail about my Church's history with Blacks you could tell me that I don't already know. You, on the other hand, have a fraction of my knowledge and background on the subject. None of your quotes, incidentally, represented official Church doctrine, but were rather the individual opinions of certain LDS leaders (none of whom individually are in a position to define official doctrine). I do not deny for a minute that some of them were quite racist.

For the record, I was always opposed to the fact that for many years, Black men were not permitted to hold the LDS priesthood. I didn't accept the explanations that were given and I am definitely old enough to remember very well the day the ban was overturned. It was a wonderful day that was much too long in coming. That said, every word I posted (to which you responded "not true") was factual. By the way, if you didn't want to make this thread an issue of race, why did you?

Old 06-16-2011, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
Benicar, I have been a Mormon for my entire life (62 years). There is not one detail about my Church's history with Blacks you could tell me that I don't already know. You, on the other hand, have a fraction of my knowledge and background on the subject. None of your quotes, incidentally, represented official Church doctrine, but were rather the individual opinions of certain LDS leaders (none of whom individually are in a position to define official doctrine). I do not deny for a minute that some of them were quite racist.

For the record, I was always opposed to the fact that for many years, Black men were not permitted to hold the LDS priesthood. I didn't accept the explanations that were given and I am definitely old enough to remember very well the day the ban was overturned. It was a wonderful day that was much too long in coming. That said, every word I posted (to which you responded "not true") was factual. By the way, if you didn't want to make this thread an issue of race, why did you?
Admittedly, my knowledge of the Mormon Church is quite limited. However, their racist tradition is well-known among black Americans. My comments were not intended to cast aspersions on you or any other member of the Mormon community. I fully realize you had no involvement in their long-standing discrimination against the black race. If I have offended you, please accept my sincere apology.

As for my comments, I have already explained my intent, which was to illustrate their hypocrisy.

Old 06-16-2011, 10:37 AM

Quote:
So the churches are advocating that they do these thing things to obtain work or are they advocating we allow them legal means to work?

1st ****ing sentence.

You even straw man the church. lulz.
The legalization of illegal aliens is rewarding lawlessness. In my opinion, that is NOT a position a church should espouse.

Old 06-16-2011, 11:10 AM

21,265 posts, read 20,872,370 times
Quote:
The legalization of illegal aliens is rewarding lawlessness. In my opinion, that is NOT a position a church should espouse.
For the record, it's not a position I believe a church should espouse, either. Just as a heads up... most non-Mormons see all Mormons as blindly accepting all of their Church's policies on everything under the sun. The truth is, that's not how it works. We are individuals. We listen to our leadership, value their opinions and then make our own decisions. I honestly don't know either Mitt Romney's or Jon Huntsman's personal positions on undocumented immigrants. Maybe they're right in line with the Church's leadership's, but that's not necessarily a given.

Old 06-16-2011, 11:38 AM

14,307 posts, read 11,149,569 times
Quote:
Yes, I am sure Jesus condones their ID theft, fraud, tax evasion, and myriad scams for them to remain in a country they have illegally entered.

Now, can we discuss the hypocrisy of the Mormon Church in their defense of illegal aliens?
One of the ten commandments is "thou shalt not steal". So indeed, these illegals are breaking God's law.

As for the Mormon Church, thanks for the insight into their teachings. They are just as racist as Reverend Wright's church then if that is the doctrine they are teaching.

Why would someone in here compare hatred for blacks to objection to illegal aliens? They aren't a race and this is about our laws, not color of skin or race.

Old 06-16-2011, 01:14 PM

16,685 posts, read 27,895,432 times
When the illegals come in in larger groups and start breeding like bunnies and producing anchor babies, putting a strain on SLC and the hardworking USC taxpaying citizens who live there, when they start up store front churches, seek religious parades in Temple Square to celebrate their feast days, when more school tax dollars are funneled from programs into ESL, when little barrios develop replete with bodegas, check cashing stores, money wiring, men loiter about with no apparent direction -- perhaps the Mormon leaders in the article will then rethink their position.

That, or they can hop on a plane to LI and I can show them what they can expect in the next 10 years if they decide to roll out the red carpet for the illegals.

But what do I know?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or