U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2011, 02:03 PM

14,307 posts, read 11,146,155 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
So one can be "White" on the inside?...

One could say that the United States, being that there is the highest percentage of its peoples behind bars, also have a predilection for crime (btw - immigrants have lower crime rates than the native-born in the U.S.)...
And in your case brown on the inside and white on the outside. Most Americans aren't law breakers, nice try but no cigar. Our country was founded on the rule of law, obviously Mexico marches to a different drummer and many of their people think breaking laws is just a normal everyday thing, especially when it comes to OUR laws. Perhaps it is a cultural thing? I don't know as it is truly baffliing to me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2011, 02:05 PM

15 posts, read 8,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
And in your case brown on the inside and white on the outside. Most Americans aren't law breakers, nice try but no cigar. Our country was founded on the rule of law, obviously Mexico marches to a different drummer and many of their people think breaking laws is just a normal everyday thing, especially when it comes to OUR laws.
Do you think they teach little Mexican children to break US laws?

Old 06-26-2011, 02:13 PM

2,798 posts, read 5,361,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by huddledmasses View Post
Citation needed.
Deportation-wary migrants targets of crime

I also found this to be the issue while living and working as an apartment manager in Van Nuys.

Old 06-26-2011, 02:15 PM

951 posts, read 616,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyanna View Post
Deportation-wary migrants targets of crime

I also found this to be the issue while living and working as an apartment manager in Van Nuys.
That article is about illegal immigrants getting robbed not committing crimes.

How does that translate to somehow saying that crimes illegals commit can't be tracked? lol

Oh wait, the article even states:

Quote:
There are no statistics that track whether illegal immigrants are refusing more often to report crimes or are being preyed on by criminals because of their legal status
rofl try reading your articles 1st maybe

Last edited by huddledmasses; 06-26-2011 at 02:28 PM..

Old 06-26-2011, 03:53 PM

5,302 posts, read 4,009,391 times
Quote:
And in your case brown on the inside and white on the outside...
In my case, red on the inside, "mixed race" variation on the outside...

Quote:
...Most Americans aren't law breakers, nice try but no cigar...
Why do we, per capita, have more people behind bars than any other country? And even then, our systems are so overcrowded, that we have to release prisoners early. As a society, us angels shouldn't require as much police as we have.

Quote:
...Our country was founded on the rule of law, obviously Mexico marches to a different drummer and many of their people think breaking laws is just a normal everyday thing, especially when it comes to OUR laws. Perhaps it is a cultural thing? I don't know as it is truly baffliing to me.
Certainly we Americans can judge other countries, not having mob or gang violence, either now or in the past, no political corruption, and a place that we don't have to lock our doors...

Old 06-26-2011, 04:11 PM

14,307 posts, read 11,146,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
In my case, red on the inside, "mixed race" variation on the outside...

Why do we, per capita, have more people behind bars than any other country? And even then, our systems are so overcrowded, that we have to release prisoners early. As a society, us angels shouldn't require as much police as we have.

Certainly we Americans can judge other countries, not having mob or gang violence, either now or in the past, no political corruption, and a place that we don't have to lock our doors...
Again, I wasn't referring to skin color or race but an attitude fitting a certain culture on the inside.

If we weren't a country based on the rule of law we wouldn't have all those criminals in prison but they would be allowed to run amok instead. You can't use those criminals as an example of what our society is all about. Most Americans are not criminals.

Old 06-26-2011, 04:31 PM

403 posts, read 280,669 times
Quote:
Again, I wasn't referring to skin color or race but an attitude fitting a certain culture on the inside.

If we weren't a country based on the rule of law we wouldn't have all those criminals in prison but they would be allowed to run amok instead. You can't use those criminals as an example of what our society is all about. Most Americans are not criminals.
What exactly is "brown" culture?

Old 06-27-2011, 03:47 PM

118 posts, read 80,129 times
Quote:
Most Americans aren't law breakers, nice try but no cigar. Our country was founded on the rule of law, obviously Mexico marches to a different drummer and many of their people think breaking laws is just a normal everyday thing, especially when it comes to OUR laws. Perhaps it is a cultural thing? I don't know as it is truly baffliing to me.
LOL...people aren't exceeding the speed limit every day? People aren't jay walking every day? Underage drinking? The list goes on as far as laws Americans break repeatedly. yeah, pretty baffling, huh?

Old 06-27-2011, 04:07 PM

13 posts, read 5,173 times
Quote:

With chicagonut now advocating that the problem is that immigrants need to be "white" on the inside, can we drop the pretense that this isn't a racial issue for her? At least partially? It is tiring to keep reading the old "I'm not racist, but I do steal their arguments" line of thinking.

Old 06-27-2011, 04:12 PM

106 posts, read 215,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elián González View Post
LOL...people aren't exceeding the speed limit every day? People aren't jay walking every day? Underage drinking? The list goes on as far as laws Americans break repeatedly. yeah, pretty baffling, huh?
So why would we "import" it if we already have so much? Adding bad to bad is a "bad" idea. There is a reason people don't immigrate legally and many times it's because the can't. The "can't" can be because they have records already.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration