U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2011, 04:28 PM

5,302 posts, read 4,011,547 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by La-Z-Boy View Post
With chicagonut now advocating that the problem is that immigrants need to be "white" on the inside, can we drop the pretense that this isn't a racial issue for her? At least partially? It is tiring to keep reading the old "I'm not racist, but I do steal their arguments" line of thinking.
But interesting that it keeps coming to a "White" ideal, rather than American...

No concept of a past, but referring to those whom "founded" the United States...

It seems to come down to skin tone, "Whites" should defend their country, "non-Whites" are the bad elements with other plans...

Denzel Washington as Steve Biko: "...And your true genius was making us believe it too..."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2011, 04:42 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,813,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elián González View Post
LOL...people aren't exceeding the speed limit every day? People aren't jay walking every day? Underage drinking? The list goes on as far as laws Americans break repeatedly. yeah, pretty baffling, huh?
Yes, we all agree there are citizen lawbreakers. However, unlike illegals, they are breaking laws in their own country. And, they are not whining because people hold them responsible for their behavior. There are consequences for most citizens who violate our laws. Why do you think an illegal should have a free pass?

Old 06-27-2011, 05:22 PM

14,307 posts, read 11,149,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
But interesting that it keeps coming to a "White" ideal, rather than American...

No concept of a past, but referring to those whom "founded" the United States...

It seems to come down to skin tone, "Whites" should defend their country, "non-Whites" are the bad elements with other plans...

Denzel Washington as Steve Biko: "...And your true genius was making us believe it too..."
Read my lips! No country in the world wants their demographic makeup or culture altered VIA ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION! I don't care if it is a natural occurance but there is nothing natural about it occuring through ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION. How is that racist? Why can't people like you understand that simple concept without pulling the race card? Where did I ever say that non-whites are enemies? Again, this is about ILLEGAL IMMIGRATON!

I don't care one iota about skin color. I have no problem with blacks, hispanics, asians or anyone else in this country just as long as they are here legally and respect the rule of law in this country.

I just love the hypocrites in here that won't even admit that Mexicans in Mexico would have a hissy fit if they were being invaded by millions of Chinese for example and thereby changing the demogaphics and culture of their country. Why is it considered by some that it is racist for any country on the Western Hemisphere to have a non-hispanic white majority?

That is why I have so many people on my ignore list. I got sick and tired of my words being twisted in here and taken out of context. Are you going to be one of those people who are going to continue to do that?

Last edited by chicagonut; 06-27-2011 at 05:40 PM..

Old 06-27-2011, 05:51 PM

403 posts, read 280,796 times
ChicagoNut has me on ignore, but someone please point out that we could end the travesty of having our culture destroyed by illegal immigration if we simply make it easier for people to immigrate here legally.

Old 06-27-2011, 06:01 PM

118 posts, read 80,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SD_Harley View Post
So why would we "import" it if we already have so much? Adding bad to bad is a "bad" idea. There is a reason people don't immigrate legally and many times it's because the can't. The "can't" can be because they have records already.
Not all illegals add to the bad.

But as far as adding to crime rate, well...
Immigration Debate: Border Cities See Less Violent Crime - TIME

Old 06-27-2011, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Yes, we all agree there are citizen lawbreakers. However, unlike illegals, they are breaking laws in their own country. And, they are not whining because people hold them responsible for their behavior. There are consequences for most citizens who violate our laws. Why do you think an illegal should have a free pass?
Illegals get a free pass and whine when they get pulled over for speeding or a ticket for jaywalking?

Old 06-27-2011, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post

I don't care one iota about skin color. I have no problem with blacks, hispanics, asians or anyone else in this country just as long as they are here legally and respect the rule of law in this country.
Well, you have no problem unless they're speaking Spanish...

Old 06-27-2011, 06:54 PM

2,176 posts, read 863,527 times
You know if this was happening to any other country, they would probably be shot on sight. Why do we have to be so forgiving.

Elian Gonzalez, I agree 100% with chicagonut. I don't give a crap what race people are as long as they are here LEGALLY.

Old 06-27-2011, 07:01 PM

403 posts, read 280,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CinSonic View Post
You know if this was happening to any other country, they would probably be shot on sight. Why do we have to be so forgiving.

Elian Gonzalez, I agree 100% with chicagonut. I don't give a crap what race people are as long as they are here LEGALLY.
Because shooting people who are just trying to make a better life for themselves is a horrible thing.

Old 06-27-2011, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CinSonic View Post
History kinda shows that when that does start happening in other countries, the US, and other countries, step in. Unless you can provide any proof where openly shooting immigrants was condoned by other nations. Yeah, I know, the good ol' days when genocide was cheered!

Quote:
Elian Gonzalez, I agree 100% with chicagonut. I don't give a crap what race people are as long as they are here LEGALLY
Then you don't agree with Chi-Nut. She does give a crap, and race, er, I mean White culture, matters.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration