U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2011, 02:10 PM

3,493 posts, read 2,385,436 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
where do you get that anyone is asking you for anything? No one...needs to ask you or America for what is their's.

"His problem is that he wants Americans to change our laws..."

The fact is that he was opposed to a New proposed Texas law...not "our" laws.

Even with an English translator...people still cant understand him.
He represents an organization that seeks to change our immigration laws to meet the needs of low skilled, primarily Hispanic migrants. If said laws laws impose huge burdens on many Americans he doesn't care because we don't share his ethnic group or speak Spanish. Most of us understand his message loud and clear in any language. We're not pandering pols, stupid criminal illegals or greedy employers so we don't support it.

Enough with the pretense otherwise. He has an agenda. You may wish to support his idiotic goals. Fortunately most sensible Americans do not.

Old 06-20-2011, 02:13 PM

14,307 posts, read 11,146,155 times
Quote:
What Texas law was he breaking for speaking Spanish before the committee? There is no legal protection for taking offense to a person...If the Senator was 'Insulted" thats his problem.

Foriegn language? Spanish was spoken in Texas way before English...Spanish never left.
Did anyone say he was breaking the law? Oh, the melodramatics! It was insulting and rude, that's all.

In view of the fact that English is our de facto national language and the majority of Americans, Texans or otherwise speak English as their primary language your other point is irrelevant.

Old 06-20-2011, 02:14 PM

3,855 posts, read 4,085,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
Just because somethings legal doesn't mean you should do it. In several U.S. states and several other countries as well it is legal to marry your first cousin. Get the point?

It is truly amazing the pathetic lengths that illegal alien sympathizers and the open borders crowd will go to to defend these people. Do you guys really not see what this man did as being disrespectful, considering that he was capable of speaking english? If your answer is "NO", then all I can say is "WOW!".
Marrying your cousing... if legal... is a personal chioce.

He is not Illegal genius.

Disrespectful to you?

Old 06-20-2011, 02:17 PM

Quote:

Disrespectful to you?

The poster didn't call this man an illegal. Twisting words again? He was disrespectful to all those present.

Old 06-20-2011, 02:21 PM

6,450 posts, read 7,553,239 times
Quote:

Disrespectful to you?
I never said he was. But we all know the people that support this nonsense, and that is the open borders crowd.

Disrespectful to America. He has been here for 23 years already, not to mention he is the speaker for a Texas based organization.

Last edited by ditchlights; 06-20-2011 at 03:03 PM..

Old 06-20-2011, 02:51 PM

5,302 posts, read 4,010,077 times
Quote:
...Disrespectful to America. He has been here for 23 years for Christ's sake...
Of course not to be disrespectful to anyone on the basis of religion yourself...

Old 06-20-2011, 03:06 PM

6,450 posts, read 7,553,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
Of course not to be disrespectful to anyone on the basis of religion yourself...
My bad. Let me fix that. It is not my intention to disrespect anyone. That WAS rude of me. Problem fixed.

See, that was simple..... But of course, the subject of this thread didn't take the high road when speaking to the committee after he was called out. That's what an upstanding person would have done.

Old 06-20-2011, 03:47 PM

Quote:
My bad. Let me fix that. It is not my intention to disrespect anyone. That WAS rude of me. Problem fixed.

See, that was simple..... But of course, the subject of this thread didn't take the high road when speaking to the committee after he was called out. That's what an upstanding person would have done.
All you would have needed to do is put a comma before "Christ's sake". Of course I knew what you meant but some like to twist words in here.

Old 06-20-2011, 06:59 PM

5,302 posts, read 4,010,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
That is totally irrelevant to the subject at hand.
As relevant to announcing that the state of Oklahoma has English as an "official" language...

Old 06-20-2011, 09:12 PM

3,855 posts, read 4,085,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleanora1 View Post
He represents an organization that seeks to change our immigration laws to meet the needs of low skilled, primarily Hispanic migrants. If said laws laws impose huge burdens on many Americans he doesn't care because we don't share his ethnic group or speak Spanish. Most of us understand his message loud and clear in any language. We're not pandering pols, stupid criminal illegals or greedy employers so we don't support it.

Enough with the pretense otherwise. He has an agenda. You may wish to support his idiotic goals. Fortunately most sensible Americans do not.
I support nothing. If I point out to you Texas law, then thats to your benefit...I gain nothing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration