U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2011, 08:07 PM

6,450 posts, read 7,551,913 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by huddledmasses View Post
Yeah, despite him stating it was his first time testifying and he'd simply be more comfortable speaking in his native language. Maybe he wanted to make sure he spoke concisely and didn't screw any translations up since it was a testimony and he was nervous. Butnaaaah, he was obviously doing it to spit on the American flag, because we have English as an official language, oh wait.....we don't have an official language. Please cite his supposed statements regarding people coming here and never learning English while we're at it.
If he had english difficulties, it would have been understood by the comittee. As least he would have tried. Did the advocacy group not have a speaker that was better prepared for the task?

What does it matter anyway? We know what side you're on. According to your DM to me, we are ALL racist scum on this forum anyway (exact words). Your position has been noted, as well as our's.

Old 06-21-2011, 08:10 PM

951 posts, read 616,515 times
Are you going to provide a citation for him advocating them never learning English or just brush that off as another made up "fact"?

Old 06-21-2011, 08:10 PM

1,421 posts, read 1,237,529 times
Quote:
Yeah, despite him stating it was his first time testifying and he'd simply be more comfortable speaking in his native language. Maybe he wanted to make sure he spoke concisely and didn't screw any translations up since it was a testimony and he was nervous. Butnaaaah, he was obviously doing it to spit on the American flag, because we have English as an official language, oh wait.....we don't have an official language. Please cite his supposed statements regarding people coming here and never learning English while we're at it.
I have NO use for someone whose ben here for 20 years and cant or WONT speak English. If that dude dont wanna speak English; he needs to take the abuse then.

Old 06-21-2011, 08:12 PM

Funny statement when considering your spelling and grammar.

Old 06-21-2011, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Are you going to provide a citation for him advocating them never learning English or just brush that off as another made up "fact"?
No citation needed. That is my take on the situation. There are many illegals here now that have no intention of learning english. You know it. I know it. We all know it. And that is all that matters. If they get full amnesty, or anything close to it, they will not have a need to assimilate, and that is what this thread is all about.

Quote:
Funny statement when considering your spelling and grammar.
Woohoo! The grammer police are in full effect tonight. At least EC is contributing with his opinion. And HM, I have nothing against your beliefs (God knows we are all entitled to them), but if you are going to sling accusations about people being racist around, that makes your opinions count that much less.

Old 06-21-2011, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
No citation needed. That is my take on the situation.
Yes, a citation is needed or you are completely misrepresenting his position. You said he is advocating that they come here and never learn English.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
Woohoo! The grammer police are in full effect tonight. At least EC is contributing with his opinion. And HM, I have nothing against your beliefs (God knows we are all entitled to them), but if you are going to sling accusations about people being racist around, that makes your opinions count that much less.
Hey, I'm not the one calling people worthless for their inabilty to grasp a foreign language while butchering it myself. As for the rest of your statement, it's tough not to call them as I see them when you guys bend over backwards to be this intellectually dishonest. For examples, see you making **** up just now and then acting like you don't need a citation to back your completely made up and negative claim about the person.

Old 06-21-2011, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Yes, a citation is needed or you are completely misrepresenting his position. You said he is advocating that they come here and never learn English.

Hey, I'm not the one calling people worthless for their inabilty to grasp a foreign language while butchering it myself. As for the rest of your statement, it's tough not to call them as I see them when you guys bend over backwards to be this intellectually dishonest. For examples, see you making **** up just now and then acting like you don't need a citation to back your completely made up and negative claim about the person.
You need to read more carefully. I never said that this is what the man is advocating for. I stated a personal opinion that most of the people looking to come here have NO interest in learning english. But there is a comparison between this man and the people he is advocating for. If this man can't speak enough english after 23 years in this country (not to mention being the speaker for this advocacy group), what makes you think that the people who he is advocating for have any intention of learning english? We all know where this is headed. Why are you backing up this nonsense?

Old 06-21-2011, 08:35 PM

9,972 posts, read 14,017,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikCortez View Post
I have NO use for someone whose ben here for 20 years and cant or WONT speak English. If that dude dont wanna speak English; he needs to take the abuse then.
How about you learn to write in English. "Someone whose ben here.."

So you have a citation showing that most Mexicans don't plan on learning English then? What's this crying about the school expenses they are incurring then?

13,387 posts, read 16,200,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viridian Ideals View Post
We don't know how well he could speak English. He was probably nervous speaking in front of such prominent figures, I know I would be. It makes perfect sense that he would feel more comfortable speaking in his native language. What's the big deal?
If you listen to the video you'll hear him talking in english.
So cut the accuses would you?

Last edited by mkfarnam; 06-21-2011 at 09:29 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration