U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-18-2011, 09:40 AM

13,387 posts, read 16,265,448 times

Advertisements

Friday, June 17, 2011, 3:41 PM EDT

One way to judge the likely effectiveness of Chairman Lamar Smith's national mandatory E-Verify bill is the panic it has caused among the nation's biggest promoters of illegal immigration. They attack Rep. Smith's bill because they say it will take the incomes away from large swaths of America's illegal population. "Well, I guess that's the point isn't it", because those incomes will now go to unemployed American citizens and legal immigrants who already are here.

read more...

Open-Borders Groups in Panic That 'Chairman's E-Verify Bill' Will Result in Massive Loss of Illegal Alien Jobs | NumbersUSA - For Lower Immigration Levels
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2011, 09:46 AM

14,307 posts, read 11,195,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
Friday, June 17, 2011, 3:41 PM EDT

One way to judge the likely effectiveness of Chairman Lamar Smith's national mandatory E-Verify bill is the panic it has caused among the nation's biggest promoters of illegal immigration. They attack Rep. Smith's bill because they say it will take the incomes away from large swaths of America's illegal population. "Well, I guess that's the point isn't it", because those incomes will now go to unemployed American citizens and legal immigrants who already are here.

read more...

Open-Borders Groups in Panic That 'Chairman's E-Verify Bill' Will Result in Massive Loss of Illegal Alien Jobs | NumbersUSA - For Lower Immigration Levels
How can these advocate groups say this with a straight face when they know it is against the law for illegal aliens to work in our country in the first place? In otherwords our laws mean nothing to them? Our own citizens mean nothing to them?

Old 06-18-2011, 09:53 AM

5,302 posts, read 4,031,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
How can these advocate groups say this with a straight face when they know it is against the law for illegal aliens to work in our country in the first place? In otherwords our laws mean nothing to them? Our own citizens mean nothing to them?
The citizens that employ those illegal aliens?...

Old 06-18-2011, 10:07 AM

9,321 posts, read 16,192,712 times
I think the time is at hand where a lot of unemployeed Americans will seek the jobs being provided to illegals all over this country and to have a US President wanting to grant amnesty to them to further errode the Americans is beyond comprehension. What a disaster this man has become.

Old 06-18-2011, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
The citizens that employ those illegal aliens?...
No, those are the anti-American, greedy trash. You know whom I am referring to and it's not them. It is Americans who have had their wages cut or can't even get a job due to the availability of cheap, illegal labor. Please don't pretend not to understand what I am saying just because you don't hold the same point of view.

Old 06-18-2011, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
No, those are the anti-American, greedy trash. You know whom I am referring to and it's not them. It is Americans who have had their wages cut or can't even get a job due to the availability of cheap, illegal labor.
Quote:
Please don't pretend not to understand what I am saying just because you don't hold the same point of view
It's called "playing stupid". It's also a method of deverting the main issue.

Last edited by mkfarnam; 06-18-2011 at 11:22 AM..

Old 06-18-2011, 10:56 AM

358 posts, read 333,956 times
We will hear the same tired arguments that the jobs held by illegal aliens are jobs Americans don't want, and that our economy will collapse like the movie "A day without a Mexican". I want to hear someone say this, as an American currently unemployed I would LOVE to give mountains of examples on how illegal aliens have hindered my ability to find employment in Southern California.

Old 06-18-2011, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman82 View Post
Quote:
We will hear the same tired arguments that the jobs held by illegal aliens are jobs Americans don't want, and that our economy will collapse like the movie "A day without a Mexican
". I want to hear someone say this, as an American currently unemployed I would LOVE to give mountains of examples on how illegal aliens have hindered my ability to find employment in Southern California.
Your right.the same routine, But I say : let em' say it....what else do they have to say?
Everypne knows that senario is old and has already been proven different more than once.
They're like robots programed to say things in patterns and without the slight idea of what they're saying.

Old 06-18-2011, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
Your right.the same routine, But I say : let em' say it....what else do they have to say?
Everypne knows that senario is old and has already been proven different more than once.
They're like robots programed to say things in patterns and without the slight idea of what they're saying.
You're right. How many times have we heard about the crops wilting on the vines without illegal alien labor? They use that one a lot because it may be the only job most Americans won't make a career out of while they try to divert attention away from the jobs that illegals hold that most Americans WILL do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration