Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2011, 11:37 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,934,056 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
McCain blames some Arizona wildfires on illegal immigrants
McCain is past retirement, and it is becoming obvious.
Casper

Old 06-20-2011, 11:42 AM

383 posts, read 641,454 times
I spoke with a Boarder patrol agent, I live 10 miles, as the crow flys, from Mexico. What he said is the illegals start fires as a diversion. They start the fire and then head the opposite direction. Whether that's true or not, I have no idea.

Though I'm getting sick and tired of evacuating, we finally gave up and left the cars packed. ~sigh~

Old 06-20-2011, 11:45 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,559,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
Away from the border doesn't mean out of the border state. The "Wallow" fire in Arizona (and now in New Mexico) is so far north that the smoke is thick in Albuquerque. Other fires currently in my state of New Mexico are above Santa Fe (an hour North of Albuquerque), Raton (in the far Northeast corner of the state, determined to be accidental from an ATV rider on railroad property), and in the park of Carlsbad Caverns (in the East of the state, having Texas to the South).

If Illegal aliens set fires, they are in very close proximity to the actual border. I would be very surprised for anything over 25 miles away. The "Horseshoe 2" fire in Arizona, currently furthest South of what I am aware of, is even outside that, and of unknown cause.

In fact, specific to this topic, and on the Horseshoe 2 fire, is this: http://www.nytimes.com/2011/06/02/us/02wildfires.html

I've already discussed about "keeping warm" in a Summertime that currently has temperatures in the mid-90's and above...
I fail to understand how the location of the fire precludes involvement by illegal aliens. While I am not aware of any concrete evidence to prove their involvement, I am also unaware of any evidence to exonerate them. However, most likely, even if the evidence indicates they are responsible, we will probably not hear a peep, and absolutely nothing will be done. After all, regardless of damage, they are only here to seek a better life, and should therefore be forgiven.

Old 06-20-2011, 11:47 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,934,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
I fail to understand how the location of the fire precludes involvement by illegal aliens. While I am not aware of any concrete evidence to prove their involvement, I am also unaware of any evidence to exonerate them. However, most likely, even if the evidence indicates they are responsible, we will probably not hear a peep, and absolutely nothing will be done. After all, regardless of damage, they are only here to seek a better life, and should therefore be forgiven.
Maybe you can explain the 24 NEW fires DAILY in Florida,
Casper

Old 06-20-2011, 11:50 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,559,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Maybe you can explain the 24 NEW fires DAILY in Florida,
Casper
No, I can’t. Can you? And, how are the fires in Florida relevant to this discussion? Shall we also discuss the fires in Afghanistan?

Old 06-20-2011, 01:02 PM

5,299 posts, read 4,846,670 times
Quote:
You fail to understand how it couldn't be illegal aliens, in areas where the Border Patrol can operate (within 100 miles of the border), but do not? I already know the criteria you judge by, so it really isn't surprising for you to make such a claim. Please be a little more familiar with the Southwestern United States before trivializing blame and any would-be conspiracy to cover it up.

Old 06-20-2011, 01:12 PM

222 posts, read 500,851 times
Also on the FEMA site under US fire administraion national wildfire corodinating group safety alerts they tell how fireman fighting the wildfires have to be accompanied by law enforcement officers because of the threat by drug and human smugglers. Why do we continue having open borders ???

Old 06-20-2011, 01:28 PM

52,698 posts, read 34,542,421 times
it's certainly not hard to believe that this could be the case..

Quote:
Speaking on the "Imus in the Morning" show Monday, McCain stood by his statement.

"I was briefed by the Forest Service about the fact that illegal immigrants sometimes start these fires," he said. And there has been testimony by service officials that "large numbers of warming and cooking fires built and abandoned by cross-border violators have caused wildfires that have destroyed cultural and natural resources."

Old 06-20-2011, 01:31 PM

3,854 posts, read 4,834,892 times
Quote:
Given that illegal aliens have proven their disdain for this country, and total disregard for the safety of our citizens, why on earth would they care if they start a fire, or destroy land?
Since you have rationalized that all illgal aliens have a distain for this country...I would wonder why more acts of doestic terrorism are not acted out.

If you contention were correct, then this nation would be on fire...

Old 06-20-2011, 02:41 PM

106 posts, read 254,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
Totally agree.

They could care less if the USA burn to the ground.
We've had a couple really bad ones since 2003 that were traced to illegal camps in the back woods.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration