U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 06-21-2011, 01:25 PM
 
9,243 posts, read 7,147,027 times
Reputation: 2200

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by huddledmasses View Post
Except none of the current fires started in Mexico.
All it takes is one fire which started in Mexico to create a wild fire.

 
Old 06-21-2011, 01:26 PM
 
951 posts, read 620,146 times
Reputation: 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
That is not where the fire started
Well please show which one you are talking about then. Because:

Quote:
The fire began Sunday afternoon in the National Monument but quickly spread to the national forest, said forest service spokeswoman Marylee Peterson.
Arizona fire: Fire in Coronado National forces evacuation
 
Old 06-21-2011, 01:27 PM
 
9,243 posts, read 7,147,027 times
Reputation: 2200
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFPeak View Post
Cite maybe?

An illegal immigrant caused that fire?

In Mexico?
They are illegal when they cross into the U.S without proper documentation.

Illegals that enter the U.S usually create camp fires.
 
Old 06-21-2011, 01:28 PM
 
Location: Sierra Vista, AZ
16,119 posts, read 20,259,225 times
Reputation: 8209
Before they take John McCain back to his room someone should tell him that the fire actually burned off all of the vegetation the border crossers use for cover. Of course it only took him 26 years to find out Arizona borders Mexico.
 
Old 06-21-2011, 02:34 PM
 
Location: Home, Home on the Front Range
21,222 posts, read 15,385,496 times
Reputation: 11859
Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
That is not where the fire started
Where exactly did it start?
 
Old 06-21-2011, 02:38 PM
 
Location: Home, Home on the Front Range
21,222 posts, read 15,385,496 times
Reputation: 11859
Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
All it takes is one fire which started in Mexico to create a wild fire.
All it takes is one fire which started in the U.S. to create a wild fire.
What is your point?
 
Old 06-21-2011, 02:55 PM
 
9,243 posts, read 7,147,027 times
Reputation: 2200
Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
They are illegal when they cross into the U.S without proper documentation.

Illegals that enter the U.S usually create camp fires.


See map
Attached Thumbnails
McCain blames some Arizona wildfires on illegal immigrants-map.jpg  
 
Old 06-21-2011, 02:55 PM
 
106 posts, read 217,066 times
Reputation: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFPeak View Post
U.S. Forest Service officials said today there is no evidence that illegal immigrants started some of the wildfires in Arizona.

John McCain Claims Illegal Immigrants Started Wildfires - ABC News
No evidence.............yet. What's your point? The haven't stopped the fires much the less started entire investigations. My post is all based on history, actual evidence that they have been starting fires. Right now he has a 50/50 chance of being right but then, he never stated illegals started THIS fire did he?
 
Old 06-21-2011, 03:00 PM
 
9,243 posts, read 7,147,027 times
Reputation: 2200
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
Where exactly did it start?
See the map. It shows the fire started in Mexico.
 
Old 06-21-2011, 03:02 PM
 
Location: Home, Home on the Front Range
21,222 posts, read 15,385,496 times
Reputation: 11859
Quote:
Originally Posted by SD_Harley View Post
No evidence.............yet. What's your point? The haven't stopped the fires much the less started entire investigations. My post is all based on history, actual evidence that they have been starting fires. Right now he has a 50/50 chance of being right but then, he never stated illegals started THIS fire did he?
So then why did he even bring it up?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top