Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-20-2011, 04:48 PM

2,855 posts, read 6,459,176 times

Advertisements

These veterans all deserve to be honored for coming to the aid of a fellow American.

Veterans pay fine for woman who pleaded guilty to role in purported illegal immigrant list :: The Republic
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2011, 07:41 AM

3,854 posts, read 4,819,507 times
Quote:
"I apologize for my actions," Carson said during her sentencing. "I know they were really stupid, and I made a mistake. I just want to get past this."
..."I know they[my actions] were really stupid..."

Old 06-21-2011, 08:53 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,146,635 times
She released the names of suspected criminals and she is arrested? newspapers do it everyday. What am I missing here

Old 06-21-2011, 09:16 AM

3,854 posts, read 4,819,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
She released the names of suspected criminals and she is arrested? newspapers do it everyday. What am I missing here
she violated state law by using state records and compiling list of clients of the state.

Newspapers dont work for the state and dont sign agreements to protect the information belonging to the state.

Newspapers list names of persons conviced of a crime[public information]..did she do the same? did she list convicted immigration criminals? No...she listed people she believed were in the country illegally not form a public source but secure state records.

Old 06-21-2011, 01:26 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,499,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
she violated state law by using state records and compiling list of clients of the state.

Newspapers dont work for the state and dont sign agreements to protect the information belonging to the state.

Newspapers list names of persons conviced of a crime[public information]..did she do the same? did she list convicted immigration criminals? No...she listed people she believed were in the country illegally not form a public source but secure state records.
Yes, she violated the law, but her motives were honorable. Wait. . . Isn’t that the defense being used by pro-illegals to justify the numerous violations of our laws by illegal aliens? They shouldn’t be punished for breaking our laws to seek a better life, feed their families, send money home to their starving children, etc. So, we should forgive illegals for violating our laws for the “right” reasons, but she, and other citizens, must obey the law, or suffer the consequences. Hmmm. . . What’s wrong with this picture?

By the way, I am not defending her for violating the law. I am merely illustrating our two-tiered system of justice. Citizen offenders should be punished, while illegal aliens should be forgiven and rewarded with a legal path to citizenship.

Old 06-21-2011, 02:01 PM

2,855 posts, read 6,459,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Yes, she violated the law, but her motives were honorable. Wait. . . Isn’t that the defense being used by pro-illegals to justify the numerous violations of our laws by illegal aliens? They shouldn’t be punished for breaking our laws to seek a better life, feed their families, send money home to their starving children, etc. So, we should forgive illegals for violating our laws for the “right” reasons, but she, and other citizens, must obey the law, or suffer the consequences. Hmmm. . . What’s wrong with this picture?

By the way, I am not defending her for violating the law. I am merely illustrating our two-tiered system of justice. Citizen offenders should be punished, while illegal aliens should be forgiven and rewarded with a legal path to citizenship.
Thank you for voicing my thoughts as well. Although her actions were wrong, her intent was honorable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration