U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2011, 10:54 AM

951 posts, read 617,811 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
Really?

Is that what I said?

Let me go back and review that post.

Me:

Huh, just not seeing it.

Sorry.

So what is happening on a national level? Keep in mind we have a study Cindy brought to the thread that says all the immigrants right now are assimilating better than our ancestors.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2011, 10:56 AM

4,800 posts, read 7,702,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWookie47 View Post
No, he also referred to a national study that indicated immigrants, including illegal immigrants, were integrating at a rate comparable or better to waves of immigrants in the past, and they were getting along with Americans just fine.
Not in that line he wasn't.

Are you three divebombers really trying to get this thread shut down?

Why don't you get back on topic. You can start a thread about how we, as American citizens, should embrace the extinction of our culture and language, without having to hijack this one.

Old 06-24-2011, 11:02 AM

15,179 posts, read 15,840,521 times
Quote:
Not in that line he wasn't.

Are you three divebombers really trying to get this thread shut down?

Why don't you get back on topic. You can start a thread about how we, as American citizens, should embrace the extinction of our culture and language, without having to hijack this one.
I am beginning to believe this is a DREAMie invasion, and they have been instructed to disrupt this board. Their thread derailment is growing tiresome.

Old 06-24-2011, 11:02 AM

Quote:
I'm pretty sure you started the language hijack after I referenced how Eleanor's world doesn't include legal aliens.

Old 06-24-2011, 11:18 AM

14,307 posts, read 11,172,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
I am beginning to believe this is a DREAMie invasion, and they have been instructed to disrupt this board. Their thread derailment is growing tiresome.
I wouldn't doubt it one bit. Also the ethnocentrics and other pro-illegals are getting desperate because they aren't getting that amnesty that they so desperately want from our government. I hope they throw a complete fit so that Americans can see their true agenda.

Old 06-24-2011, 11:21 AM

4,800 posts, read 7,702,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by huddledmasses View Post
That's the rub? That's funny since I"m just asking a question. Meanwhile we have Eleanor talking about how we can safely categorize any Spanish speaking person as an illegal because hey more than 50% of illegals are Mexican and.....if they were a citizen they should know English. Legal immigrants apparently don't even exist in her world.
You mean this post where YOU took the thread off the rails? The Eleanor comment certainly wasn't on topic.

Quote:
I'm pretty sure you started the language hijack after I referenced how Eleanor's world doesn't include legal aliens.
But whatever. It's like talking to a brick wall around here anyway, except that the brick wall conversation is much more productive.

As I said previously, if you want to continue on in this vein, I suggest you start a new thread, or this one will most definitely be shut down.

Mea culpa regarding my part in this hijack, but some of the pro-illegal blurbs and sound bites posted in this forum are just to hard to resist. But for the nonce, I will resist them in this thread.

Old 06-24-2011, 11:27 AM

5,302 posts, read 4,022,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
Majority of Illegals are Hispanics.
Mexicans have the greatest nationality in numbers in the US as far as Hispanics.
The majority of all Mexicans live in Mexico...

The majority of Mexicans by birth, currently living in the United States, are here legally...

If the use of the term "Mexicans" does not consider those definitions, its application is false...

The Flight Attendant was not Mexican...

Old 06-24-2011, 11:28 AM

Quote:
You mean this post where YOU took the thread off the rails? The Eleanor comment certainly wasn't on topic.
Really? It was in response to your whole "Pro-Illegals don't decipher between illegals and legals bah!" bit. I was just showing an example of someone on your side in a similar position. I had no more intent of talking about language after that but you went on with:

Quote:
How bigotted can a person be? Expecting those who immigrate legally to be able to communicate in the lingua franca of the country in which they are now residing! Nevermind that being able to adequately comprehend and speak the language is a citizenship requirement!

Shame! For shame!
Sorry, but I'm going to respond when you are expecting them to assimilate in ways our ancestors never did, especially after the piece showing they are assimilating faster.

Quote:
But whatever. It's like talking to a brick wall around here anyway, except that the brick wall conversation is much more productive.
I hear you. Every thread turns to "but they are illegal what don't you get" or "they make me learn Spanish" after a bit of backpedaling on real issues.

Old 06-24-2011, 11:36 AM

14,307 posts, read 11,172,244 times
For a fine example of assimilation by a Mexican-American read this blog. She was born here and yet she takes the side of illegal aliens everytime against our LE,BP and calls Americans who don't agree with her views, racists, xenophobes (well you know all those smear words that they use to demonize Americans for the rule of law). She even makes up lies in the newstories she posts to further her agenda of filling this country up with Hispanics/Mexicans via illegal immigration. I posted one of them under another topic.

This isn't a language issue either. It is about being loyal to a country and its citizens over her own country when she wasn't even born in Mexico but her ancestors were.

Immigration Talk with a Mexican American=

Old 06-24-2011, 11:37 AM

5,302 posts, read 4,022,544 times
Quote:
...I hear you. Every thread turns to "but they are illegal what don't you get" or "they make me learn Spanish" after a bit of backpedaling on real issues.
Spot on...

This particular thread was derailed on Page 2, anyone can review it to see where it started to go off track, and by whom...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or