U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 06-22-2011, 08:41 AM
 
403 posts, read 280,669 times
Reputation: 60

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
I see, so because the 9/11 terrorists entered legally it is set in stone that any future ones will do the same? It IS frightening that our security checks were able to be compromised.
I would say that the evidence suggests that if a person has come into this country with the intention of committing an act of terrorism he is much more likely to be here legally than illegally.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-22-2011, 08:46 AM
 
2,113 posts, read 2,241,231 times
Reputation: 1758
That is pretty frightening.

Meanwhile, you have kids getting groped while someone who used stolen identity can freely go through airports.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-22-2011, 09:53 AM
 
16,438 posts, read 18,510,024 times
Reputation: 9490
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindy_Jole View Post
That is pretty frightening.

Meanwhile, you have kids getting groped while someone who used stolen identity can freely go through airports.
Not just go through an airport, work in the aircraft itself!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-22-2011, 10:49 AM
 
9,243 posts, read 7,096,522 times
Reputation: 2199
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Yet another example of one of the backbreaking, nasty jobs the lazy Americans simply won’t do.


Illegal alien working as flight attendant charged with identity theft - National Immigration Reform | Examiner.com
How many times will this happen until they enforce current immigration laws?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-22-2011, 03:09 PM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,144,640 times
Reputation: 2130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viridian Ideals View Post
The 911 hijackers were here legally.
I already admitted that so what is your point? The fact remains that even the FBI Director, Robert Mueller has said that thousand of OTM's (other than Mexicans) from known terrorist countries have slipped through our southern border and disappeared into our country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-22-2011, 03:11 PM
 
1,569 posts, read 1,005,007 times
Reputation: 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
How many times will this happen until they enforce current immigration laws?
Isn't that what happened? Someone found a way to evade the legal authorities for a period of time, and then was caught?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-22-2011, 03:15 PM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,144,640 times
Reputation: 2130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viridian Ideals View Post
I would say that the evidence suggests that if a person has come into this country with the intention of committing an act of terrorism he is much more likely to be here legally than illegally.
Well what you think and what could actually happen is two different things. There is no reason to believe that terrorists won't come both legally and illegally, especially with our southern border being so porous. If millions of illegals were able to slip through our southern border undetected what makes you think that some terrorists won't get through also? Read my prior post about what the FBI Director had to say.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-22-2011, 03:32 PM
 
403 posts, read 280,669 times
Reputation: 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Well what you think and what could actually happen is two different things. There is no reason to believe that terrorists won't come both legally and illegally, especially with our southern border being so porous. If millions of illegals were able to slip through our southern border undetected what makes you think that some terrorists won't get through also? Read my prior post about what the FBI Director had to say.
Except that we have numerous examples of successful terrorist attacks happening in our country and not one of them was perpetrated by an illegal immigrant that I'm aware of. In fact, there have been more natural born citizens that have committed successful terrorist attacks of any serious concern than illegal immigrants have committed.

There is also, of course, a logical reason to believe that someone plotting a large-scale terrorist attack would want to avoid being in this country illegally. Can you guess it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-22-2011, 05:13 PM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,144,640 times
Reputation: 2130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viridian Ideals View Post
Except that we have numerous examples of successful terrorist attacks happening in our country and not one of them was perpetrated by an illegal immigrant that I'm aware of. In fact, there have been more natural born citizens that have committed successful terrorist attacks of any serious concern than illegal immigrants have committed.

There is also, of course, a logical reason to believe that someone plotting a large-scale terrorist attack would want to avoid being in this country illegally. Can you guess it?
As I said, so what! Just because the last group entered legally doesn't mean the next group will. I remember an incident where some OTM's were caught coming through Mexico illegally and they had ill intent on our country. It happened a couple of years or so ago. I can't provide a cite because I don't have it but perhaps someone else in here can remember it and post the newstory.

Also, what does our home grown domestic terrorists have to do with this? They were all caught and punished. It is like you are trying to justify would be terrorist attacks from illegal aliens just because of the above and that is ridiculous. Since we have terror attacks from our own should we not be concerned about foreigners getting in here and doing likewise? You keep saying illegals. I am talking about OTM's not illegals from Mexico looking for work.

We don't catch many illegals in this country compared to how many that are still here so a terrorist would proabably have no more fear of getting caught than other illegals do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-23-2011, 09:43 AM
 
Location: Pa
20,310 posts, read 18,878,727 times
Reputation: 6517
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viridian Ideals View Post
The only terrorists that have launched successful noteworthy attacks over here have been here legally.

The post I quoted appeared to be implying that the frightening implications were related to illegal immigrants getting cleared.
What is amazing is that more havnt come through via the southern border. It was once a favorite point of entry for soviet spies.
For that matter we really dont know how many have entered via Mexico.
Just because most note worthy bank robberies happen by entering the front door doesnt mean that banks should leave the back door unlocked and unguarded.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top