U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2011, 12:29 PM

1,569 posts, read 1,006,728 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
I will gladly link to the 30 million, as soon as you link to the identities of the 12 million illegals. Mind you, this is the same figure we have been fed for the past decade.
So...you won't actually link to that information, huh?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2011, 12:30 PM

403 posts, read 281,139 times
Quote:
Yes, you are bad at math. You also have a very short memory. Correct me if I’m wrong, but did you not state that illegal aliens have not been involved in any terrorist attacks? I believe four is greater than zero.
I said "that I was aware of." Besides that bit of information was not the lynchpin that held my argument together.

Old 06-23-2011, 12:43 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,831,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockmadinejad View Post
So...you won't actually link to that information, huh?
When you link to yours, I will link to mine. Now, where is the list of the 12 million illegal aliens? After all, they must have compiled a list, otherwise how do they know there are 12 million? And, given that “they” claimed we had 12 million 10 years ago, does that mean no illegal aliens have entered this country during the past decade? Or, do they play a game of relay – as one illegal leaves, he/she passes the illegal alien baton to another?

Old 06-23-2011, 12:50 PM

192 posts, read 91,545 times
If you know the true number is 30 million, then clearly you know that because you have access to that list of names. Why don't you post a link to those 30 million names and save us all the trouble?

Old 06-23-2011, 12:51 PM

Also, illegal immigrants do leave of their own volition. Their numbers fluctuate naturally with the US economy. When times are tough, like they are now, many go home.

Old 06-23-2011, 12:57 PM

1,569 posts, read 1,006,728 times
Quote:
When you link to yours, I will link to mine. Now, where is the list of the 12 million illegal aliens? After all, they must have compiled a list, otherwise how do they know there are 12 million? And, given that “they” claimed we had 12 million 10 years ago, does that mean no illegal aliens have entered this country during the past decade? Or, do they play a game of relay – as one illegal leaves, he/she passes the illegal alien baton to another?
Well this is silly, obviously I have the full list of 30 million names but to prove my point will only list off 12 million.

To assure you that this is true, I will list off the first.

Juan "payin' no taxes, gettin' that welfare" Rodriguez.

The nickname is what police have as his most common alias.

Old 06-23-2011, 03:29 PM

20,310 posts, read 18,908,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWookie47 View Post
Also, illegal immigrants do leave of their own volition. Their numbers fluctuate naturally with the US economy. When times are tough, like they are now, many go home.
You make a good point. They do leave of thier own volition. Now imagine if we enforced our laws and helped them to decide to leave of their own volition.
in other words make times tough for them.

Old 06-23-2011, 03:43 PM

Well, that's pretty much the opposite definition of "their own volition."

Old 06-23-2011, 03:50 PM

20,310 posts, read 18,908,828 times
Quote:
Well, that's pretty much the opposite definition of "their own volition."
Not at all. No more than lack of work is forcing them to leave.
In fact it is reasonable for criminals to assume that laws will be enforced.

Old 06-23-2011, 10:17 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,831,384 times
Quote:
If you know the true number is 30 million, then clearly you know that because you have access to that list of names. Why don't you post a link to those 30 million names and save us all the trouble?
Obviously, you didn’t understand my post. Please re-read for clarity.

Quote:
How so? We have an estimated 12-30 million illegal aliens, all whom have unfettered access to all regions of this country. So, please explain how being here illegally would impede a nefarious operation. If anything, it would help facilitate an attack, because the government would not even know they are here.
Note, I said “an estimated” 12-30 million. And, included in that estimate is the 12 million, pro-illegal mantra. In other words, no one, including our government, has any idea of the actual number. Without the ability to identify illegals, how can anyone proclaim with certainty that there are, or are not, at least 30 million illegal aliens living in this country?

The methodology used by the government, and shared by Pew, et al. is fundamentally flawed, as evidenced by their gross miscalculation in 1986 when they “estimated” 1 million, when in reality, the number was 3 million. Why they haven’t learned from their previous blunder, is beyond me. I’m sure they wouldn’t deliberately skew the data.

YouTube - ‪How Many Illegal Aliens Are in the US? - Walsh - 1‬‏

YouTube - ‪How Many Illegal Aliens Are in the US? - Walsh - 2‬‏

Quote:
At the core of the problem is the fact that undocumented immigrants [criminal illegal aliens] don't generally come forward to be counted. The most widely quoted estimate of 11 million to 12 million is derived indirectly, using what's called a residual method: Researchers subtract the number of immigrants who were authorized to come to the U.S. from the number of foreign-born residents counted by the Census Bureau, then adjust the number using estimates of immigrants' deaths and migration, and of Census undercounting.

But the residual method is by necessity complicated, and each step in its formula introduces uncertainty. Jeffrey Passel, a Pew senior research associate, walked me through the procedure (also outlined in Pew's latest report).
Click link to read more. . .
Fuzzy Math on Illegal Immigration - Article - CAIR - Colorado Alliance for Immigration Reform - concerning environmental and U.S. sustainability, mass immigration, U.S. population stabilization (http://www.cairco.org/articles/art2006apr05.html - broken link)

Quote:
Robert Justich, a senior managing director at Bear Stearns Asset Management, makes a persuasive case in a recent research report that illegal immigrants actually number 18 million to 20 million.

Measuring the size of the underground economy is tough, since most of its denizens seek to remain anonymous. But convincing anecdotal evidence and a number of academic studies suggest that it is expanding briskly-probably by an average of 5.6% a year since the early 1990s, edging out the real economy.
The Wall Street Journal Classroom Edition (http://www.wsjclassroomedition.com/archive/05apr/econ_underground.htm - broken link)

Clearly, no one knows; which should concern every citizen of this country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or