Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2011, 09:47 AM

1,569 posts, read 1,208,081 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
What is amazing is that more havnt come through via the southern border. It was once a favorite point of entry for soviet spies.
For that matter we really dont know how many have entered via Mexico.
Just because most note worthy bank robberies happen by entering the front door doesnt mean that banks should leave the back door unlocked and unguarded.
It's actually relatively easy to immigrate here if you are a well educated Middle Eastern man. I don't see why people think they'd be better off running across the desert.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2011, 11:02 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,524,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viridian Ideals View Post
What is so frightening about the implications?
If you are unable to comprehend why it poses a threat to our country to have illegal aliens “cleared” by our government to work in the airline industry, I certainly can’t help you.

Old 06-23-2011, 11:10 AM

Quote:
The only terrorists that have launched successful noteworthy attacks over here have been here legally.

The post I quoted appeared to be implying that the frightening implications were related to illegal immigrants getting cleared.
Quote:
The 911 hijackers were here legally.
Quote:
I would say that the evidence suggests that if a person has come into this country with the intention of committing an act of terrorism he is much more likely to be here legally than illegally.
Quote:
Except that we have numerous examples of successful terrorist attacks happening in our country and not one of them was perpetrated by an illegal immigrant that I'm aware of. In fact, there have been more natural born citizens that have committed successful terrorist attacks of any serious concern than illegal immigrants have committed.

There is also, of course, a logical reason to believe that someone plotting a large-scale terrorist attack would want to avoid being in this country illegally. Can you guess it?
Obviously, you haven’t done your homework. It has been determined that at least four of the 9/11 terrorists were here on expired visas. In other words, they were illegal aliens.

Quote:
Experts say that as many as 4 million of the estimated 12 million undocumented immigrants living in the country may have overstayed visas. The rest sneaked across borders. At least four of the 9/11 hijackers had visas that had expired at the time of the attacks.
U.S. can't track foreigners with expired visas

Quote:
At least four of the 9/11 terrorists were in America on expired visas, and the government has been criticized for lacking a system that can track or even count the number of people living in the country on expired visas.
PolitiFact Florida | Fla. Republican Rubio says close to half of illegal immigrants entered the U.S. legally

Old 06-23-2011, 11:11 AM

403 posts, read 333,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockmadinejad View Post
It's actually relatively easy to immigrate here if you are a well educated Middle Eastern man. I don't see why people think they'd be better off running across the desert.
Ding ding ding! In addition, it's much less risky for a nefarious operative to move around the country and implement all steps of his plan if he's here legally.

Old 06-23-2011, 11:16 AM

403 posts, read 333,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Obviously, you haven’t done your homework. It has been determined that at least four of the 9/11 terrorists were here on expired visas. In other words, they were illegal aliens.

U.S. can't track foreigners with expired visas

PolitiFact Florida | Fla. Republican Rubio says close to half of illegal immigrants entered the U.S. legally

And the rest???

Quote:
I would say that the evidence suggests that if a person has come into this country with the intention of committing an act of terrorism he is much more likely to be here legally than illegally.
I'm bad at math, what percentage of 19 does 4 constitute?

Old 06-23-2011, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Ding ding ding! In addition, it's much less risky for a nefarious operative to move around the country and implement all steps of his plan if he's here legally.
How so? We have an estimated 12-30 million illegal aliens, all whom have unfettered access to all regions of this country. So, please explain how being here illegally would impede a nefarious operation. If anything, it would help facilitate an attack, because the government would not even know they are here.

Old 06-23-2011, 11:21 AM

951 posts, read 743,428 times
OOh there's a 30 million figure now? do link.

Old 06-23-2011, 11:22 AM

Quote:
And the rest???

I'm bad at math, what percentage of 19 does 4 constitute?
Yes, you are bad at math. You also have a very short memory. Correct me if I’m wrong, but did you not state that illegal aliens have not been involved in any terrorist attacks? I believe four is greater than zero.

Old 06-23-2011, 11:23 AM
pvn

103 posts, read 54,955 times
We have approximately 300 million legal peole (citizens + whoever else is here legally), all of whom have unfettered access to all regions of this country.

Let me say that again.

THREE

HUNDRED

MILLION

How can you sleep at night???

Old 06-23-2011, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by huddledmasses View Post
OOh there's a 30 million figure now? do link.
I will gladly link to the 30 million, as soon as you link to the identities of the 12 million illegals. Mind you, this is the same figure we have been fed for the past decade.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration