Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2011, 09:44 AM

7,814 posts, read 6,391,086 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
So we should deport family members of our soldiers fighting and dying overseas for us?
Family members, yes. Troops, no.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2011, 09:48 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,196,724 times
My nephew is a young man who would love to join the US military, but he is not a citizen or legal resident and can't enlist. Why should illegals be given a pass? They lied to enlist. It is a felony to falsify a federal document on penalty of perjury. They are criminals and should be dishonorably discharged and deported.

Old 06-22-2011, 09:55 AM

38,644 posts, read 26,374,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coastalgirl View Post
I thought the Dream Act made a lot of sense and was disappointed when it didn't pass. If this article is true, I have no problem with it.

That being said, I have a friend who writes for the Examiner, and it is a joke. Let's dig up a more credible resource for this thread.

Well, "coastalgirl", I highly doubt you have a friend who works for the Examiner. I know you said you do, but why should anyone believe you? Are you saying you've never lied before and we should simply accept what you say as truth without any sort of proof? How about you become a more credible source before you ask for a more credible source?

Old 06-22-2011, 09:58 AM

9,949 posts, read 8,851,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chanygirl View Post
Just because Pres. Obama is allowing ICE to turn a blind eye to illegals enrolled in school does not make the Dream Act an exceutive order... It is my understanding that this is being done so that ICE can focus it's enforcement action on incarcerated criminals and violent offenders and such.
Having said that tho, this makes no sense...I have said this in other posts/threads but..why send the criminals back first? They will only join ranks with the criminal army already in place that are maintaining the flow of drugs and illegals into our country to begin with. I would think that if this administration truly wanted to staunch the flow of illegals it would send back these kids that are educated FIRST..that do not have a criminal history or a negitive agenda against the U.S... that knows what it means to live freely and without fear. If these kids and their families were sent back first, with no way of ever coming back, they would be angry enough to make real changes. These kids have not bought into the Mexican culture of bribes and apathy. They could very well over throw the corrupt government..to do away with the drug cartels...These kids would be the Army of Change that Mexico has needed for generations.
Having said THAT... I would be willing to keep simple illegal aliens in interrment camps and keep Mexican criminals incarcerated until these kids are back home and active citizens. These criminals could be detained in a Guantonimo(sp) type situation. If they have ties to the drug trade or to human trafficking they could be considered terrorists whos ultimate goal is to infiltrate and bring down the American way of life. Put em in a prison just close enough to the border that it won't cost an arm and a leg to send em back when the time is right but until then. Let em sit in an American prison with other Mexican prisoners and rot.
Before you tear my post apart because of specifics look at the general idea...will my idea cause problems with families..yes..the ones that made decision to come here illegally in the first place.
Why can't we send them ALL back?

Old 06-22-2011, 09:59 AM

3,115 posts, read 7,135,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Well, "coastalgirl", I highly doubt you have a friend who works for the Examiner. I know you said you do, but why should anyone believe you? Are you saying you've never lied before and we should simply accept what you say as truth without any sort of proof? How about you become a more credible source before you ask for a more credible source?
Sweetheart, the examiner is not a news publication. It is just a blog, written by unemployed people with no writing or reporting credentials, and it happens to have an "official" sounding name. Of course you don't have to believe me, but I'm not the OP. If I were, I would offer a more credible source for my information. For all we know, the article was actually written by the OP. Examiner writers are not paid. It is an opinion blog.

Old 06-22-2011, 10:00 AM

4,209 posts, read 3,589,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post

Old 06-22-2011, 10:18 AM

782 posts, read 1,109,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
Why can't we send them ALL back?
I would be willing to keep simple illegal aliens in interrment camps and keep Mexican criminals incarcerated until these kids are back home and active citizens. These criminals could be detained in a Guantonimo(sp) type situation. If they have ties to the drug trade or to human trafficking they could be considered terrorists whos ultimate goal is to infiltrate and bring down the American way of life. Put em in a prison just close enough to the border that it won't cost an arm and a leg to send em back when the time is right but until then. Let em sit in an American prison with other Mexican prisoners and rot.

They will all go back...eventually. But send these educated kids with American values back first. Hold the rest as detainees until the kids have had a chance to make some real change. When the national values start to change then start sending them back slowly saving the worst for last. Yes, I know this could take years but the U.S. wasn't a new nation overnite either.

Old 06-22-2011, 10:53 AM

9,240 posts, read 8,667,069 times
Quote:
So we should deport family members of our soldiers fighting and dying overseas for us?
Fighting imperialistic wars?

Yes we should deport them.

What wars are we fighting have significant meaning such as the Revolutionary war, civil war, WW1 & 2?

Old 06-22-2011, 10:54 AM

6,484 posts, read 6,616,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
Obama issues Dream Act by executive order…press ignores
Was there ever a threat to ICE deporting those folks?

Old 06-22-2011, 10:54 AM

9,240 posts, read 8,667,069 times
Quote:
Nice way to talk about our troops.
Not our troops because they are not citizens.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration