Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2011, 03:26 AM

23,707 posts, read 30,745,228 times

Advertisements

Quote:
That makes me wonder how the Coast Guard fits into that legal framework.
Actually we should use the ATF and the DEA and start rotating Police from different states in to do border work. It could be under the guise of training for real world events.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2011, 04:35 AM

8,652 posts, read 17,240,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockmadinejad View Post
Well this is just a theory, so feel free to correct me, but I'm going to go ahead with the "it's because North Korea might invade" angle.
You mean like Mexico has here?

And by the way there are very few troops stationed at the Korean DMZ (border)...

Old 06-23-2011, 07:32 AM

1,569 posts, read 1,210,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston3 View Post
You mean like Mexico has here?

And by the way there are very few troops stationed at the Korean DMZ (border)...
I believe I addressed the question of "invasion" earlier in the thread.

You are correct that the bulk of our South Korean force is no longer stationed at the DMZ - they were pulled back simply because in the case of an invasion they would be so grossly outnumbered.

Old 06-23-2011, 07:40 AM

17,531 posts, read 24,695,782 times
Agreed that the war in northern Mexico is bloodier than Afghanistan or Iraq but until Americans decide to confront the fact that it is their demand for drugs that is fueling this war troops on the it is sticking fingers in the holes in the ****

Old 06-23-2011, 08:17 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,317,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
Actually if you aren't in a Visa Waiver Program country (hint: Mexico and other points South are not), you will need something else in that foreign passport, or an I-94 attached to your Border Crossing card. The highest percentages I have heard about visa overstays approach 50%. Most usually it is expressed slightly above 40%.

Inhabitants from VWP countries do use it as a method to come and stay (but keep it to yourself, we want to focus on countries that have an average darker skin tone)...

In all, 36 countries are in the Visa Waiver Program...
It should be beneath even YOU to pull the race card with your skin tone rhetoric but I guess not. Why anyone would join the military to defend this apparent "racist" country is beyond me.

As for how Russian guards their borders why shouldn't we follow their example? No one is suggesting we do anything else like them.

Old 06-23-2011, 08:26 AM

46 posts, read 24,107 times
Because it is a misuse of funds, training, and manpower to teach 19 year old kids to kill, shoot a gun, teach squad tactics, and how to work as a professional soldier just to have him sit in a guard shack and catch women and children walking around. Inspite of the misuse of the word invasion, it doesn't resemble anything like a military invasion.

I would rather have a professional martial fighting force trained to do what is supposed to do, and leave civil matters to the civil authorities.

Last edited by Bing Blang Blaow; 06-23-2011 at 08:36 AM..

Old 06-23-2011, 09:07 AM

82 posts, read 90,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
Because, of course, we want to emulate how the USSR did things...

We do in this case. As I mentioned, the Soviets (and I don't doubt the Russians do the same thing) had separate organizations for border control and for outright military use. I'm afraid that your need to win an argument is overreaching correctly parsing the posts.

Now, why they had so many air forces is a separate and mysterious issue.

Old 06-23-2011, 09:09 AM

82 posts, read 90,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bing Blang Blaow View Post
Because it is a misuse of funds, training, and manpower to teach 19 year old kids to kill, shoot a gun, teach squad tactics, and how to work as a professional soldier just to have him sit in a guard shack and catch women and children walking around. Inspite of the misuse of the word invasion, it doesn't resemble anything like a military invasion.

I would rather have a professional martial fighting force trained to do what is supposed to do, and leave civil matters to the civil authorities.
Good point. In that case, I would strongly suggest that the US military, and our Peace Prize winning Prez, got out of the counter-insurgency business.

Old 06-23-2011, 09:29 AM

192 posts, read 115,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
Agreed that the war in northern Mexico is bloodier than Afghanistan or Iraq but until Americans decide to confront the fact that it is their demand for drugs that is fueling this war troops on the it is sticking fingers in the holes in the ****
Yeah...you're gonna need a citation for this one.

Old 06-23-2011, 09:47 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,317,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bing Blang Blaow View Post

Oh, it is only women and children crossing our border illegally? Spin, much? Besides since when did adult women stop being accountable to our laws? Some of these crossers are terrorits and criminals or are you living in la la land where you think that they are all just innocent potential job stealing workers?

It doesn't have to be a military invasion to be an invasion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration