U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2011, 09:55 AM

46 posts, read 19,036 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Oh, it is only women and children crossing our border illegally? Spin, much? Besides since when did adult women stop being accountable to our laws? Some of these crossers are terrorits and criminals or are you living in la la land where you think that they are all just innocent potential job stealing workers?

It doesn't have to be a military invasion to be an invasion.
You can add men if you want, but I don't think that because they have penises that warrants the 101st Airborne. Terrorists and criminals don't take the military to catch them. I'm quite aware that there are criminal elements who transverse the border, but you don't send the IRS to to Afghanistan or the military to arrest illegal walkers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2011, 10:04 AM

1,493 posts, read 2,581,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viridian Ideals View Post
Sure, as long as she doesn't mind the neighbors. They are extremely ignorant and will probably harass her and make up lies about her and try to intimidate her to move back in with you. They are really tragic and it's embarrassing to have to share a neighborhood with people who hold such hatefull regressive views, but we do get to openly mock them behind their backs and in front of their faces because often they aren't smart enough to pick up on it.

What's actually funny is that you think your proposition is even close to analogous to illegal immigration.

Good answer, but I do think it is similar. And I also know in reality you wouldn't host someone that you don't know anything about, even if they were a genuine person, unless perhaps you have a large estate with plenty of money to spare, but its hard enough to pay for oneself and their family nevermind an additional person.

Old 06-23-2011, 10:11 AM

1,569 posts, read 1,005,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nowitsshowtime View Post
Good answer, but I do think it is similar. And I also know in reality you wouldn't host someone that you don't know anything about, even if they were a genuine person, unless perhaps you have a large estate with plenty of money to spare, but its hard enough to pay for oneself and their family nevermind an additional person.
Luckily they are supporting themselves and are not actually on your property (unless you think you have a legitimate claim to the entire nation, in which case I will now inform you that you do not).

Old 06-23-2011, 10:36 AM

403 posts, read 280,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nowitsshowtime View Post
Quote:
Clean record, just needs to use your place, utilities, computer, and food for a bit because she doesn't like where she lives now
I know that in reality this isn't true of illegal immigrants.

Old 06-23-2011, 12:08 PM

5,302 posts, read 4,011,547 times
Quote:
It should be beneath even YOU to pull the race card with your skin tone rhetoric but I guess not. Why anyone would join the military to defend this apparent "racist" country is beyond me...
I see the true "visa overstays" expressed as 40% of the "undocumented" in the United States, but I don't know how someone from a Visa Waiver Program country overstaying those terms (maximum 90 day visitation) is classified. Technically they would be out-of-status as well, but never have heard cases of illegal presence (knowing that there are the "illegal Irish") being prosecuted. If the VWP terms are violated (or not qualified for in the first place), I do know that they have to apply for a regular visa (non-immigrant 'B2').

A few years back, "performer" Amy Winehouse was refused a visa (by the U.S. Embassy in London) to attend the Grammys (she was in drug rehab at the time, after being caught days earlier on video smoking drugs, and admitting Valium abuse). Within a week, the State Department reversed the Embassy decision, and allowed her in. For many other countries (and less public stature) such acts would typically require at least a 10 year ban from the United States, and documents showing multiple-year treatment at an approved facility outside the United States before being admitted when the ban is complete.

It's obvious that some biased principles are coming into play, and very evident such things are going to with us a very long time...

Because some see nothing wrong with those behaviors, won't admit that they happen, or think that it just the way it is...

Quote:
As for how Russian guards their borders why shouldn't we follow their example? No one is suggesting we do anything else like them.
But I hear they check "papers" real well...

Old 06-23-2011, 12:36 PM

8 posts, read 5,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRavenSpeaks View Post
We do in this case. As I mentioned, the Soviets (and I don't doubt the Russians do the same thing) had separate organizations for border control and for outright military use. I'm afraid that your need to win an argument is overreaching correctly parsing the posts.

Now, why they had so many air forces is a separate and mysterious issue.
You know you're right. The Soviets had really tight border security.

Well they did anyways. They stopped having it when an AMERICAN President stood at a podium and said, "Mr. Gorbachev, TEAR DOWN THIS WALL!"

Some of us thought that was a good day.

Old 06-23-2011, 01:53 PM

47,316 posts, read 24,634,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRavenSpeaks View Post
You know, that's a good point. Why on earth would a country use it's military to protect it's borders?
It's a waste of time.

There isn't a nation on the planet that can border a nation of over 100 million people (most of whom are either poor or flat out destitute) that can successfully stop huge numbers of that nations nationals from getting in. It's not humanly possible. Where there's a will, there's a way.

Troops aren't the answer.

Old 06-23-2011, 03:50 PM

14,307 posts, read 11,152,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockmadinejad View Post
Luckily they are supporting themselves and are not actually on your property (unless you think you have a legitimate claim to the entire nation, in which case I will now inform you that you do not).
Actually, all Americans have a legitimate claim on this entire nation. We are the citizens of this nation. Our rules, our laws, our soveriegn borders.

Old 06-23-2011, 04:00 PM

14,307 posts, read 11,152,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
I see the true "visa overstays" expressed as 40% of the "undocumented" in the United States, but I don't know how someone from a Visa Waiver Program country overstaying those terms (maximum 90 day visitation) is classified. Technically they would be out-of-status as well, but never have heard cases of illegal presence (knowing that there are the "illegal Irish") being prosecuted. If the VWP terms are violated (or not qualified for in the first place), I do know that they have to apply for a regular visa (non-immigrant 'B2').

A few years back, "performer" Amy Winehouse was refused a visa (by the U.S. Embassy in London) to attend the Grammys (she was in drug rehab at the time, after being caught days earlier on video smoking drugs, and admitting Valium abuse). Within a week, the State Department reversed the Embassy decision, and allowed her in. For many other countries (and less public stature) such acts would typically require at least a 10 year ban from the United States, and documents showing multiple-year treatment at an approved facility outside the United States before being admitted when the ban is complete.

It's obvious that some biased principles are coming into play, and very evident such things are going to with us a very long time...

Because some see nothing wrong with those behaviors, won't admit that they happen, or think that it just the way it is...

But I hear they check "papers" real well...
Because you have never heard of an illegal Irish being prosecuted that must mean they never are? Perhaps you don't hear about it is because compared to the number of illegal aliens from south of our border they are a drop in the bucket.

As for Amy Whitehouse regardless of her skin color she is a celebrity. Not that should give her a pass but celebrities often get away with stuff that you and I never would. So again put the race card back in your wallet.

The only biasness in the enforcement of our immigration laws exists only in your head based on..... well, I'll just leave it at that.

Old 06-23-2011, 04:27 PM

1,569 posts, read 1,005,489 times
Quote:
Actually, all Americans have a legitimate claim on this entire nation. We are the citizens of this nation. Our rules, our laws, our soveriegn borders.
My property is not your property just because we live in the same country. You would like to prevent me from hiring whoever in the world I want to work on my property.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or