U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-23-2011, 01:29 PM

1,569 posts, read 1,006,649 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minethatbird View Post
If your illegal hire is fraudulently collecting public assistance then he certainly is part of the problem.
Also, if he's raping women and children, then he's part of the problem.

Old 06-23-2011, 01:30 PM

951 posts, read 617,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
You mean just like the cries of the pro-illegals about us anti's wanting birthright citizenship changed? Pot, kettle, black. There will always be those who like the laws the way they are and those who don't on both sides of this issue. Your point is?

No one has ever said that laws can't or shouldn't be changed. So that statement is false right there.

I know right? It is hilarious how the gov't was perfectly able to pick some number to allow in and we should not question it but somehow failed when writing AN AMENDMENT TO THE CONSTITUTION.

Old 06-23-2011, 01:31 PM

I'm fuming at you people just pretending that the rape of our crosswalks is something that we should tolerate.

Old 06-23-2011, 01:33 PM

192 posts, read 91,529 times
I won't be satisfied until there's a cop on every corner and our streets are SECURE!

Old 06-23-2011, 01:34 PM

14,307 posts, read 11,163,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWookie47 View Post
Those legal Americans should have had higher potentials, imo.
Yeah, stupid Americans with no potential in their own country. How dare they think they are entitled to a job or a seat in our colleges here!

Old 06-23-2011, 01:35 PM

192 posts, read 91,529 times
Quote:
Yeah, stupid Americans with no potential in their own country. How dare they think they are entitled to a job here.
Well, you tell me. Why didn't an American citizen win the scholarship?

Old 06-23-2011, 01:39 PM

14,307 posts, read 11,163,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sackaroni View Post
Whew, I made it out just in time. I do have to question the intelligence of those last couple hundred people out of the 7 billion for moving into the Thunderdome. But as long as YOU can defend bad theoreticals, right?
I defend the rule of law and our right to only take in a number of immigrants that we can accomodate in jobs and resources and our right to deter illegal immigration. You apparently are more concerned about you obtaining wealth for yourself at the expense of this entire nation and its citizens. I would find it hard to look in the mirror each morning with that kind of attitude.

Old 06-23-2011, 01:40 PM

5,784 posts, read 3,106,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockmadinejad View Post
Also, if he's raping women and children, then he's part of the problem.
Yes, we have enough native-borns to do this, we don't need anymore.

However, some people don't agree.

Illegal immigrant admits raping, killing Ala. woman; will reveal accomplice » Knoxville News Sentinel

The illegal immigrant who confessed to raping and killing an Alabama homecoming queen in a West Knoxville hotel room made a vow Thursday to expose his accomplice.

"That is a promise I make to the family (to) give them some peace," Valentino Vasquez Miranda said via an interpreter in Knox County Criminal Court.

Miranda admitted at a hearing Thursday that he used a master key to get inside a sleeping Jennifer Lee Hampton's hotel room at the Days Inn on Lovell Road and then raped and strangled her in September 2008.

As part of a plea deal approved by Judge Bob McGee, Miranda was sentenced to life with the possibility of parole after a mandatory 51-year prison term.

Hampton, 21, was in Knoxville to help train workers at a new Mama Blue's restaurant set to open here. Miranda and girlfriend Rosa Hernandez were living and working at the Days Inn as housekeepers.

Assistant District Attorney Kevin Allen told McGee that the attack on Hampton was a violent one, with guests in an adjoining room reporting a crash against her wall severe enough to shake items in their room. Hampton fought for her life, he said, evidenced by bits of Miranda's flesh under her fingernails.

"The cause of death was strangulation," he said.

Hampton's body was found a week later face-down in Melton Hill Lake near the Solway Bridge. It was Hernandez who led Knoxville Police Department Investigator Steve Still to Miranda after finding his blood-stained clothes, Allen said.

"He told Investigator Still he had a cut on his hand, and that's where all the blood came from," Allen said.

But DNA testing showed the blood belonged to Hampton, he said.

It was DNA testing, however, that led, in part, to Miranda's plea deal.

Allen said testing on Hampton's sweatpants revealed a mixture of three DNA profiles, two of which were from men. One sample matched Miranda's DNA. The other revealed an "unknown male contributor," which authorities suspect was an accomplice, he said. Allen said the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation could not rule out Hampton as a source of the third DNA sample, leaving to speculation whether there was a third suspect in the case.

The TBI compared the unknown DNA profiles to another illegal immigrant who worked with Miranda and Hernandez at the hotel but found no match.

Miranda's plea deal "requires the defendant to submit to a full debriefing, including the identification of (any) others possibly involved," Allen said.

McGee stressed Miranda's promise to serve up the identity of any accomplices as he considered whether to accept the plea deal, noting Miranda must "tell authorities what all went on and identify others involved."

"Do you understand?" McGee asked.

"Yes," Miranda answered.

At a hearing earlier this year, Allen signaled that his office might seek the death penalty in the case. But the Mexican consulate, acting on behalf of Miranda and his family, later questioned whether Miranda was 17 at the time of the slaying rather than the age of 20 as suggested by fake Social Security documents. Under Tennessee and federal law, juveniles cannot be put to death.

To avoid a battle over the issue, Knox County District Attorney General Randy Nichols declined to authorize what's known as a "death notice" to be filed against Miranda.

Spared death and a lifetime behind bars, Miranda still tarried several hours Thursday before inking his plea deal.

Hampton's mother, Cynthia Senn, said she was told Miranda did not want to face her daughter's loved ones. He relented shortly before a 1:30 p.m. deadline.

Attorney Eddie Daniel already won a civil settlement on behalf of the Hampton family from the Days Inn. The terms have been kept under wraps.

Jamie Satterfield may be reached at 865-342-6308.

© 2010, Knoxville News Sentinel Co.

Old 06-23-2011, 01:42 PM

Quote:
I defend the rule of law and our right to only take in a number of immigrants that we can accomodate in jobs and resources and our right to deter illegal immigration. You apparently are more concerned about you obtaining wealth for yourself at the expense of this entire nation and its citizens. I would find it hard to look in the mirror each morning with that kind of attitude.
It is DISGUSTING. Imagine if EVERYONE was concerned with obtaining wealth. Then we'd all just be sitting there. Wealthy.

Old 06-23-2011, 01:43 PM

22 posts, read 8,696 times
Quote:
You mean just like the cries of the pro-illegals about us anti's wanting birthright citizenship changed? Pot, kettle, black. There will always be those who like the laws the way they are and those who don't on both sides of this issue. Your point is?

No one has ever said that laws can't or shouldn't be changed. So that statement is false right there.
Didn't participate in that one. But if those discussions were as dumb as:

You: We should change the birthright citizenship law.
Other person: But it's the law!
You: Right, but I think it'd be better if we changed it because blah, blah, blah.
Other Person: But those people born here ARE citizens. That is the law. Something, something, rape, America!

Then I agree that we have some suspiciously darkly colored pots and kettles.

PS - I'd like to officially petition to be referred to as a "pro-legal" because I'm all about increasing the numbers of workers who are here legally.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or