U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-23-2011, 02:53 PM
pvn

103 posts, read 43,077 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
You just don't get it, do you? Or maybe your agenda isn't allowing you to get it. Illegals just work cheaper, PERIOD! Their work isn't any better than an American and in fact I have heard about the illegals shoddy workmanship in construction just for starters. All your glowing accounts of illegal aliens are bogus when you factor in all the negatives and the fact that they obviously have no respect for our laws or border.
Are mexican construction workers who legally enter the country (hahaha, there aren't any, but let's just pretend like they can) better craftsmen?

Old 06-23-2011, 02:56 PM
pvn

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
You hiring illegal aliens to work is the government's business and not just yours because it is against the law.
So if a bunch of politicians in DC decide to pass a law making it illegal to read certain books, like, for example, Huckleberry Finn, THAT makes your choice of reading material "their business"?

"It's our business because we say it is" is just a circular argument.

Quote:
I see, so most all Americans are dumb, lazy expensive and entitled brats. If that is your opinion of Americans then why don't you move your busiiness to a foreign country? We don't need disloyal Americans likeyourself here (that is if you are an American).
I don't really believe that but that's the logical conclusion of people who whine about Americans not being able to get jobs because someone else will do the same job cheaper.

Old 06-23-2011, 02:58 PM

5,799 posts, read 3,126,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pvn View Post
But was that citizen entitled to it?

I went on vacation a few weeks ago. I decided to go to vancouver. My vacation dollars went to a Canadian hotel owner, those could have gone to a bed and breakfast owner in Seattle, but the Canadian guy gave me a pretty sweet deal. The sad part is nobody is really any better off because I just pocketed the savings.
The citizen would have been a better choice, IMHO.

Nothing new here, illegals grabbing for things they aren't entitled to. Just ask Auntie Z.

Old 06-23-2011, 03:01 PM

5,799 posts, read 3,126,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockmadinejad View Post
Markets can determine that, just like markets determine how many workers migrate between New Jersey and Michigan.
I believe we are already admitting around a million or so legal immigrants. Are you saying this is not sufficient?

Old 06-23-2011, 03:02 PM

192 posts, read 91,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minethatbird View Post
I believe we are already admitting around a million or so legal immigrants. Are you saying this is not sufficient?
Not according to the market, no.

Old 06-23-2011, 03:03 PM

2,113 posts, read 2,250,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWookie47 View Post
Not according to the market, no.
What about the unemployment rate?

Old 06-23-2011, 03:04 PM
pvn

Quote:
If your illegal hire is fraudulently collecting public assistance then he certainly is part of the problem.
OK, fine. Now what about the rest of them?

Old 06-23-2011, 03:05 PM

1,569 posts, read 1,008,344 times
Quote:
I'm saying that if you offer 1 million slots, and the market has demand for 900k workers, only 900k will show, assuming adequate supply. If you offer 1 million slots and the market has demand for 1.2, the slots are not "sufficient" to keep up with demand.

Old 06-23-2011, 03:06 PM

192 posts, read 91,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindy_Jole View Post
What about the unemployment rate?
If a computer programmer gets laid off, is he going to go work in construction?

Old 06-23-2011, 03:12 PM
pvn

Quote:
The citizen would have been a better choice, IMHO.
Why should ANYONE care about YOUR opinion rather than the person who was actually giving the scholarship?

If you want to give YOUR money to kids who just happened to be born on the right side of an imaginary line, knock yourself out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or