U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 06-23-2011, 12:03 PM
 
192 posts, read 91,410 times
Reputation: 37

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minethatbird View Post
Yep jaywalkers and speeders are breaking the law, and our police don't seem to have a problem writing them tickets. Now when will this illegal be on the plane to return to where he never should have left?
There are millions of people who walk and drive illegally every day, and our police haven't cited them at all.

 
Old 06-23-2011, 12:04 PM
 
1,569 posts, read 1,005,489 times
Reputation: 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minethatbird View Post
Yep jaywalkers and speeders are breaking the law, and our police don't seem to have a problem writing them tickets. Now when will this illegal be on the plane to return to where he never should have left?
Do you actually think jaywalking laws are stringently enforced? There's a reason we are using them as an example. I think I probably saw over 100 people jaywalking in the course of a 10 minute walk to work today.
 
Old 06-23-2011, 12:05 PM
 
5,769 posts, read 3,094,609 times
Reputation: 3132
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockmadinejad View Post
FYI dude, your cohorts have decided that "illegal immigrant" is too friendly and would prefer you used a more nefarious sounding term such as "alien."
That's criminal alien.

But the New York Times think all those terms are sooooo mean .....
 
Old 06-23-2011, 12:08 PM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,149,569 times
Reputation: 2130
Quote:
Originally Posted by pvn View Post
nobody is asking you to. Who I do business with is my business, not yours. If you want to hire a bunch of dumb, lazy, expensive, entitled brats to work for you go ahead.
You hiring illegal aliens to work is the government's business and not just yours because it is against the law. I see, so most all Americans are dumb, lazy expensive and entitled brats. If that is your opinion of Americans then why don't you move your busiiness to a foreign country? We don't need disloyal Americans likeyourself here (that is if you are an American).
 
Old 06-23-2011, 12:08 PM
 
5,769 posts, read 3,094,609 times
Reputation: 3132
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockmadinejad View Post
Do you actually think jaywalking laws are stringently enforced? There's a reason we are using them as an example. I think I probably so over 100 people jaywalking in the course of a 10 minute walk to work today.
I'm not advocating jaywalking laws be eliminated because some people aren't happy with the level of enforcement by their local cops.
 
Old 06-23-2011, 12:09 PM
 
5,769 posts, read 3,094,609 times
Reputation: 3132
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWookie47 View Post
There are millions of people who walk and drive illegally every day, and our police haven't cited them at all.
Your point being .....?
 
Old 06-23-2011, 12:10 PM
 
192 posts, read 91,410 times
Reputation: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
You hiring illegal aliens to work is the government's business and not just yours because it is against the law. I see, so most all Americans are dumb, lazy expensive and entitled brats. If that is your opinion of Americans then why don't you move your busiiness to a foreign country? We don't need disloyal Americans likeyourself here (that is if you are an American).
Well, if I hire known jaywalkers or speeders, is that the government's business? Those things are against the law, too.
 
Old 06-23-2011, 12:15 PM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,149,569 times
Reputation: 2130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockmadinejad View Post
Who has his crime harmed, exactly? Surely there are some actually damaging crimes you should be concerned about.

As has been pointed out, you are not frothing at the mouth over jaywalkers, but they are violating the law.
Jaywalkers when caught get a citation and rightly so. You can't be serious comparing American jaywalkers to the raping of our country by illegal foreigners, can you? You're really grasping at straws now. It simply amazes me how desperate the pro-illegals are getting these days up to including making ridiculous analogies about Americans. At least the American jaywalker has a right to be here and I expect all American lawbreakers to be punished for their crimes also.
 
Old 06-23-2011, 12:16 PM
 
1,569 posts, read 1,005,489 times
Reputation: 111
Jaywalkers almost NEVER get "caught" because authorities don't waste their time enforcing those laws.

And yet you are in here sympathizing with CRIMINAL jaywalkers even though they are BREAKING THE LAWS OF THIS NATION.
 
Old 06-23-2011, 12:17 PM
 
951 posts, read 616,793 times
Reputation: 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Jaywalkers when caught get a citation and rightly so. You can't be serious comparing American jaywalkers to the raping of our country by illegal foreigners, can you? You're really grasping at straws now. It simply amazes me how desperate the pro-illegals are getting these days up to including making ridiculous analogies about Americans. At least the American jaywalker has a right to be here and I expect all American lawbreakers to be punished for their crimes also.

Yet you keep making statements like the bolded without proving these claims. I mean, rape is a pretty strong word.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top