Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-23-2011, 12:18 PM

5 posts, read 2,348 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
You hiring illegal aliens to work is the government's business and not just yours because it is against the law. I see, so most all Americans are dumb, lazy expensive and entitled brats. If that is your opinion of Americans then why don't you move your busiiness to a foreign country? We don't need disloyal Americans likeyourself here (that is if you are an American).
Im pretty annoyed that you would advocate outsourcing jobs. You liberals with your "one world economy" nonsense are sending hundreds of millions of America jobs to India and China.

Your president Obama has given them all the hope and all America kept is the change. But its good you advocate getting rid of the hispanics because toiling in the fields for our Chinese masters is the best we have to hope for thanks to you and your kind.

Old 06-23-2011, 12:20 PM

8,885 posts, read 5,366,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWookie47 View Post
Well, if I hire known jaywalkers or speeders, is that the government's business? Those things are against the law, too.
Does your state have a law against you hiring jaywalkers or speeders?

There's an excellent chance there are laws against you hiring illegal immigrants, and in some cases hiring legal ones.

Old 06-23-2011, 12:21 PM
pvn

103 posts, read 55,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minethatbird View Post
Hopefully your employees aren't also collecting public assistance, because if I'm paying for it it is my business.
You should probably take that up with the people who decided to take your money and then give it away. That wasn't me or the guy I'm hiring.

Old 06-23-2011, 12:23 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,314,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockmadinejad View Post
All countries should be and are ALLOWED to have immigration laws. I would prefer if those laws were designed to allow for the highest amount of mobility between nations possible. I know you guys keep wanting to catch us holding higher standards for the U.S., but that is not the case.

I understand the arguments for enforcing laws that are on the books, but I believe that there are a wide variety of laws that are either so damaging, so silly, or so otherwise cumbersome that enforcement is the worse option. I believe you'd agree that jaywalkers should not be aggressively pursued by law enforcement, so you agree with the essence of what I am saying.
Our country already is allowing in the highest number of immigrants it can handle annually. What part of that aren't you getting? A law needs to be enforced whether you consider it silly or not. Rule of law is what our country is based on. As I said, the answer is not to violate those laws but to seek changes to them but illegals and their advocates refuse to do that.

Why is jaywalking being brought up in a forum about illegal immigration? Most Americans expect all laws to be enforced including getting caught jaywalking but you cannot compare jaywalking to illegals raping our country anymore than you can compare murder to petty theft.

Old 06-23-2011, 12:24 PM
pvn

Quote:
There is a legal way to come here.
No, there isn't.

Quote:
The illegal way just takes jobs from Americans and by the way Americans also work hard. They ARE ripping Americans off by stealing their jobs and taxes. Gee yeah, I wonder why we are all up in arms about this?
Wait, answer the following:

Doesn't the "legal" way ALSO take jobs from Americans? How does someone "own" a job? I have a guy that mows my yard (he's a US citizen, don't worry). If I find someone else who will do the same work cheaper, has a job been "stolen"? Or is it only stealing if the new lawn guy was born on the other side of an imaginary line?

Old 06-23-2011, 12:26 PM

1,569 posts, read 1,210,735 times
Quote:
Our country already is allowing in the highest number of immigrants it can handle annually. What part of that aren't you getting?
The part where it's true. Since it's not.

Old 06-23-2011, 12:27 PM

2,112 posts, read 2,696,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pvn View Post
No, there isn't.

Wait, answer the following:

Doesn't the "legal" way ALSO take jobs from Americans? How does someone "own" a job? I have a guy that mows my yard (he's a US citizen, don't worry). If I find someone else who will do the same work cheaper, has a job been "stolen"? Or is it only stealing if the new lawn guy was born on the other side of an imaginary line?
If there isn't a legal way to come here, then how do you explain the 1+ million legal immigrants every year?

Old 06-23-2011, 12:28 PM

8,885 posts, read 5,366,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pvn View Post
You should probably take that up with the people who decided to take your money and then give it away. That wasn't me or the guy I'm hiring.
If your illegal hire is fraudulently collecting public assistance then he certainly is part of the problem.

14,306 posts, read 13,314,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sackaroni View Post
But fully expect to be met with cries of "you can't change the law, because it's the law! And your arguments about why it should be changed could never trump it's righteousness as the current law!"
You mean just like the cries of the pro-illegals about us anti's wanting birthright citizenship changed? Pot, kettle, black. There will always be those who like the laws the way they are and those who don't on both sides of this issue. Your point is?

No one has ever said that laws can't or shouldn't be changed. So that statement is false right there.

pvn

Quote:
Our country already is allowing in the highest number of immigrants it can handle annually. What part of that aren't you getting?
wut? Who decided this? I am wrong when I decide *I* can "handle" one more?

Quote:
A law needs to be enforced whether you consider it silly or not. Rule of law is what our country is based on.
So, how much are you willing to spend on enforcing jaywalking laws? These are ON THE BOOKS. It will almost certainly be a net negative (cost more to enforce than the revenue it brings in (and this should be obvious or cash-strapped cities would be writing tickets like crazy)).

Quote:
Why is jaywalking being brought up in a forum about illegal immigration? Most Americans expect all laws to be enforced including getting caught jaywalking but you cannot compare jaywalking to illegals raping our country anymore than you can compare murder to petty theft.
Is jaywalking not ILLEGAL? The people bringing it up aren't doing so because they feel that it's being dangerously overlooked, they're bringing it up because it shows that people who say they care about THE LAW really don't. They only care about SOME laws that happen to mesh with their preexisting biases.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration