Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2011, 11:02 AM

9,240 posts, read 8,666,331 times

Advertisements

My Life as an Illegal

Quote:
My mother wanted to give me a better life, so she sent me thousands of miles away to live with her parents in America
Click here for entire Article stealing from Americans

Old 06-22-2011, 11:13 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,414,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
I posted a thread about this story earlier. What is really galling is that the Washington Post kept him on the payroll 5 years after finding out he was an illegal. He even got an invite to the publisher's home for Thanksgiving.

Old 06-22-2011, 11:33 AM

782 posts, read 1,108,932 times
All I can say is WOW... at least he and his family didn't abuse the system by applying for social services...but what he did still wasn't right...he could have gone back to the Phillipines attended college there during his 10 year ban..then gotten the internships mentioned. He also could have become famous in the Phillipines for his journalism. You can exercise your passion wherever you are...the American Dream is only in America...which did he want more? I think he was selfish for drawing people in with his secrets and why weren't these people telling him to do the right thing?? I feel, since has acknowledged his status, he needs to do the right thing NOW...Who knows he may be paving the way for others living in the same kind of hiding to do the right thing also...I doubt it but you never know.

Old 06-22-2011, 11:44 AM

403 posts, read 334,000 times
Quote:
What an inspiring story that crushes the stereotypical image of illegal immigrants as being self-centered dangerous unaspiring leaches who want nothing more than to have as many babies as possible and collect food stamps that is almost universally accepted as gosple in this forum.

Thank you for posting it. I hope every poster takes the time to read the full article.

Old 06-22-2011, 02:34 PM

76 posts, read 84,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viridian Ideals View Post
What an inspiring story that crushes the stereotypical image of illegal immigrants as being self-centered dangerous unaspiring leaches who want nothing more than to have as many babies as possible and collect food stamps that is almost universally accepted as gosple in this forum.

Thank you for posting it. I hope every poster takes the time to read the full article.

you will get one of this kind of story in 10000 cases.

Old 06-22-2011, 02:45 PM

403 posts, read 334,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ph0ngvu View Post
you will get one of this kind of story in 10000 cases.
.01% Really? Would you care to provide some evidence of this?

Old 06-22-2011, 02:55 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,316,367 times
Quote:
Yeah, what happened to parental nurturing? I would never send my kids thousand of miles away to live with grandparents and to live a life of lies as an illegal alien. It is the parent's responsibility to care for and nurture their children. No so-called better life can ever replace that. If that mother couldn't care for her child in her own country then she shouldn't have given birth to them.

Old 06-22-2011, 02:59 PM

951 posts, read 745,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Yeah, what happened to parental nurturing? I would never send my kids thousand of miles away to live with grandparents. It is the parent's responsibility to care for and nurture their children. No so-called better life can ever replace that. If that mother couldn't care for her child in her own country then she shouldn't have given birth to them.

Should someone throw up the indentured servants stuff again so you can see all the teens from Europe that were sent here back in the day? Interesting you would rather have your kid stay with you and suffer since you most likely wouldn't be able nurture him in your current situation. Then, leave him to live in the same crappy situation you never got out of. Parental nurturing at it's finest.

Old 06-22-2011, 03:12 PM

192 posts, read 115,511 times
Quote:
Yeah, just another damned illegal not paying any taxes, going to schools, not assimilating in to the culture. He still insisted on speaking some Filipino. The nerve.

Old 06-22-2011, 03:15 PM

1,569 posts, read 1,210,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWookie47 View Post
Yeah, just another damned illegal not paying any taxes, going to schools, not assimilating in to the culture. He still insisted on speaking some Filipino. The nerve.
You don't understand, MrWookie. This guy wanted a job with WaPo, and WaPo wanted to give him a job EVEN THOUGH THERE WERE POTENTIALLY AMERICANS WHO COULD HAVE DONE THE JOB. Just thinking about this exchange of labor for money has me fuming.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration