U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2011, 10:42 AM

14,307 posts, read 11,268,731 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockmadinejad View Post
Oh look, you support changing laws now. What a turn of events!

I have never not supported changing our laws IF THEY NEED CHANGING and it is of benefit of our citizenry as a whole.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2011, 10:46 AM

1,569 posts, read 1,016,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
I have never not supported changing our laws IF THEY NEED CHANGING and it is of benefit of our citizenry as a whole.
lol, but that is not the reasoning you've been giving.

When it comes to immigration laws and quotas, you have specifically said things like "experts have determined the appropriate numbers based on their calculations!" and "they are BREAKING THE LAW."

I called you out on this several times, and each time you basically said "the law is the law."

But now you admit that you don't care that "the law is the law" if you disagree with it and want it changed.

Old 06-23-2011, 01:40 PM

8 posts, read 5,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
I see you support illegals breaking American law to have children for citizenship
Actually most so-called "anchor mothers" are actually legal immigrants when they enter. There is no law against a pregnant woman entering the US, and no law against her having a child when she does. The only thign that makes some of the women lose status is that they stay to care for their child - who by the way happens to be American.

Old 06-23-2011, 01:41 PM

8 posts, read 5,283 times
Quote:
Actually in the other thread you've been arguing that very thing.

Old 06-23-2011, 03:27 PM
pvn

103 posts, read 43,621 times
Quote:
More ways to enroll illegals/ anchor babies in schools
I don't even understand the point of this post. Are we as americans supposed to be scared that mexicans are sending their kids... to Canada? Fill in the blanks here for me.

Old 06-23-2011, 05:26 PM

5,302 posts, read 4,059,945 times
Quote:
You know what I mean.

I am talking about the parents
No I don't know what you mean...

I don't even know how private schools relate to illegal immigration...

Old 06-23-2011, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockmadinejad View Post
lol, but that is not the reasoning you've been giving.

When it comes to immigration laws and quotas, you have specifically said things like "experts have determined the appropriate numbers based on their calculations!" and "they are BREAKING THE LAW."

I called you out on this several times, and each time you basically said "the law is the law."

But now you admit that you don't care that "the law is the law" if you disagree with it and want it changed.
You really have a reading comprehension problem, don't you? The laws on the books must be respected and obeyed, however there is nothing wrong with seeking change to them. That doesn't mean it is ok to break them until or if they are changed. Do you get it now?

Old 06-23-2011, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinovirus View Post
Actually most so-called "anchor mothers" are actually legal immigrants when they enter. There is no law against a pregnant woman entering the US, and no law against her having a child when she does. The only thign that makes some of the women lose status is that they stay to care for their child - who by the way happens to be American.
Only a visa overstayer can lose status if they don't renew their visa in time. What about all these women who come here and give birth and never were legally in this country in the first place?

Old 06-23-2011, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinovirus View Post
Actually in the other thread you've been arguing that very thing.
What are you talking about? I have always argued that laws should be respected and obeyed until or if they are changed. I have never argued against laws being changed if they are of a benefit to our country and its citizens.

Old 06-23-2011, 05:48 PM

1,569 posts, read 1,016,692 times
Quote:
You really have a reading comprehension problem, don't you? The laws on the books must be respected and obeyed, however there is nothing wrong with seeking change to them. That doesn't mean it is ok to break them until or if they are changed. Do you get it now?
For someone who pulls the "you just can't read" card every few posts, you sure do have trouble seeing the points people are making.

What I'm saying is that saying "it's ILLEGAL" is not an argument when the debate is about whether it should be illegal or not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration