U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2011, 10:03 PM

46 posts, read 19,027 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
See, there you go. Not paying attention at all.

It's called reading comprehension. You should try it some time.
Cool so let's ask you directly. A person refuses to give his name and address. What do you do as an officer?

Old 06-23-2011, 10:07 PM

4,800 posts, read 7,687,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bing Blang Blaow View Post
Yea if you're not guilty then you have nothing to hide.
Let me see if I can type this slowly enough for you to comprehend.

You are stopped by the police because you have done something you should not have done.

You don't have your I.D.

Police ask you for your name and date of birth.

You refuse to give it.

The police smile, slap you on the back, and send you on your way.

-----in an alternate universe.

Old 06-23-2011, 10:11 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,809,199 times
Quote:
Let's say it does. Now what?
If you are playing loud music while driving down the street, you should also have a driverís license. Right? If you are at home playing loud music, the cop(s) will only tell you to turn down the volume. They will not ask for ID, unless they catch you climbing through a window with music blaring from a boom box. If the dog is unleashed, you will be instructed to take it home. You canít be serious.

Old 06-23-2011, 10:13 PM

4,800 posts, read 7,687,743 times
Quote:
Cool so let's ask you directly. A person refuses to give his name and address. What do you do as an officer?
Did I just walk up to a random person on the street and ask them for their name and birthdate?

Or did I catch them in the commission of a crime, during a traffic stop, or pedestrian traffic violation? Were they littering, tagging, or buying alcohol for a minor?

What is the circumstance of said refusal?

I can tell you for certain that if I caught them in the commission of a crime or any other summary offense and they refuse to cooperate, they had better prepare themselves for a little ride.

Old 06-24-2011, 12:44 AM

36 posts, read 14,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
Any idiot that won't give his name and address to the police deserves to be detained. If you forget your wallet, that's all you have to do. If you have a driver's license or state issued ID, you can be easily identified.

Those new fangled computerized systems are the shiznit....

I've never heard of any police officer questioning a person about their bank statements or checking accounts. That's a new one.
So let me make sure I understand you. You think someone deserves to be detained by the police just because they dont want to give information that arent required to give a situation where there is no reasonable suspicion of a crime? I mean you are all about the rule of law, right?

Old 06-24-2011, 01:46 AM

19,899 posts, read 15,287,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleanora1 View Post
Yes to both of these posts.

Maybe if Georgia's farmers paid people a decent wage for hard work then Georgia's farmers could get workers. Why are we supposed to allow them to import slaves if they can't find any here?

Oh and if you are separated from your family because you are an illegal alien you can always go back home. Most Americans will even be glad to see you off. You can be a person there instead of a criminal here.

Boy i hear ya? lets get them all on a boat every last illegal that is in this Country, and ship them sail, BON VOYAGE! They are separated from their family's because they choose to be, but even then i don't see them going back home so easily. Most Americans will be happy to see them sail off, unfortunately our prolbem is the ones that would see this as a federal crime, and there are many. I guess these Farmers are so use to paying illegals peanuts, they do not know what a decent wage is.

Old 06-24-2011, 02:06 AM

19,899 posts, read 15,287,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Technically, you can be stopped for any violation of the law. But in practice, loud music or an unleashed dog will not attract the attention of police. They have much more serious issues to pursue.

I usually always agree with you on everything. We have 2 rental properties. One of our rentals, well i understand the music on the weekends gets quite nosiy, and two doors down from my rental, are a bunch of younger teens and the very loud music go's on until wee hours of the morning. I have called the police from my residence, giving them my rental address, and telling them the problem. Now i understand this music is loud like a concert loud, annoying, and the people do it till late late late. When i called the police the police women said to me what do you want us to do about it, i said your the police don't you watch cops, handle it. I understand they did show up at the home, but not right away. Exactly as you stated, they said they had more important issues before going to my rental property. I guess there is a no noise ordiance, so the people 2 doors down from my rental, got a citation.

Old 06-24-2011, 05:03 AM
Yac

5,874 posts, read 6,290,826 times
Another thread derailed by race ... or is it ? Since race was picked up in the initial post, it wasn't really derailed, it was heading the wrong direction from the start.
Closed.
Yac.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration