Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2011, 10:40 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,555,982 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tropolis View Post
Ga. immigrant crackdown backfires - Reid J. Epstein - POLITICO.com

what do you know, white people dont want jobs that the mexicans and guatamelans had, even when they dont have a job.

i laughed at the convicts and probationers saying **** it and walking off after 30 minutes.

11,080 farm positions are open right now in georgia and these owners would go bankrupt if it wasnt for illegal immigrants working in the fields, because whites wont do that type of work, even if they are unemployed.

btw, im not in favor of illegal immigration.

its interesting though how people say all these jobs will open up, and they'll be scooped up quick because americans will do the jobs illegals do.

well thats not the case.

the sense of entitlement, especially upon whites, that i'm too good for this job, it doesn't make enough for me, even when they are unemployed, and parents who will let them sit at home all day and do nothing, is why this country continues to spiral around the toilet.

every person on unemployment in georgia should be out in the field working, period.
As others have stated, these farmers will only go bankrupt if they choose not to avail themselves of the unlimited visas our government provides. The decision is theirs.

Quote:
A farm in Eastern Washington is employing hundreds of Jamaican workers to replace the illegal immigrants it lost after an Immigration and Customs Enforcement investigation last year.

Gebbers Farms in Brewster, WA, which grows apple and cherry trees, is hiring 300 workers from Jamaica through the H-2A visa program, issuing temporary agricultural visas.
Eastern Washington farm hires 300 Jamaican workers - Seattle News - MyNorthwest.com

Only 3% of illegal aliens pick crops. Why? The answer is simple. It is backbreaking, tedious, and is frequently performed in the sweltering heat. So, why would you expect citizens of any race/ethnicity to choose this line of work when even illegal aliens don’t want it?

The jobs you referenced as “opening up” are not those working in the fields. Rather, in the construction, manufacturing, hospitality, and restaurant industries. Heck, many illegals use stolen identities to land jobs working in offices for major corporations, as well as our local and federal governments. In fact, there are few jobs that have not been filled by illegals, as evidenced by the recent publicity involving illegals working as a police officer and flight attendant. And, this is only the tip of the iceberg. Those are the jobs Americans have lost to illegal aliens, and those are the jobs Americans would gladly reclaim, if given the opportunity.

As for convicts, they should be required to perform any job assigned. However, picking crops in the hot sun would be assailed by the bleeding hearts as “cruel and unusual punishment.” Sadly, our nation has grown accustomed to coddling criminals.

Citizens don’t want jobs? Really?

Quote:
A discrimination lawsuit filed Friday in U.S. District Court on behalf of four black women claims the company gave preferential treatment to Latino applicants and workers, many of whom were illegal immigrants from Mexico.

The company pleaded guilty last week to conspiracy to violate immigration laws and was fined $2.5 million.

The lawsuit claims that one of the plaintiffs, Charlyn Dozier, applied for a job with Howard Industries every three to six months beginning in 2002, but wasn't offered a position until after the 2008 raid. The other plaintiffs make similar allegations.

In the days after the raid, hundreds of people lined up outside the plant to apply for jobs. Jobs at Howard Industries were among the most coveted in the area. .
Mississippi's Howard Industries Faces Lawsuit Alleging Discrimination Against U.S. Citizens after Pleading Guilty to Hiring Undocumented Workers - Fox News Latino

Quote:
Pro’s Ranch Market operates six stores in the Phoenix area.

Since the illegal aliens were fired, local residents have been flooding into the stores, applying for the job openings.
Hundreds line up for jobs "Americans won't do" (w/video) - National Immigration Reform | Examiner.com

YouTube - ‪Hundreds seek to fill vacant positions formerly held by illegals‬‏

Quote:
PHOENIX – Most of the Pei Wei Asian Diner locations that were forced to close in the wake of last month’s immigration raids by Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio are back open for business.

Of the 16 Pei Wei restaurants in Maricopa County, eight were closed while management scrambled to hire replacement workers. Hundreds of people lined up for those jobs.
Most Pei Wei restaurants now open after sheriff's raids | azfamily.com Phoenix

Old 06-23-2011, 05:28 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,313,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
As others have stated, these farmers will only go bankrupt if they choose not to avail themselves of the unlimited visas our government provides. The decision is theirs.

Eastern Washington farm hires 300 Jamaican workers - Seattle News - MyNorthwest.com

Only 3% of illegal aliens pick crops. Why? The answer is simple. It is backbreaking, tedious, and is frequently performed in the sweltering heat. So, why would you expect citizens of any race/ethnicity to choose this line of work when even illegal aliens don’t want it?

The jobs you referenced as “opening up” are not those working in the fields. Rather, in the construction, manufacturing, hospitality, and restaurant industries. Heck, many illegals use stolen identities to land jobs working in offices for major corporations, as well as our local and federal governments. In fact, there are few jobs that have not been filled by illegals, as evidenced by the recent publicity involving illegals working as a police officer and flight attendant. And, this is only the tip of the iceberg. Those are the jobs Americans have lost to illegal aliens, and those are the jobs Americans would gladly reclaim, if given the opportunity.

As for convicts, they should be required to perform any job assigned. However, picking crops in the hot sun would be assailed by the bleeding hearts as “cruel and unusual punishment.” Sadly, our nation has grown accustomed to coddling criminals.

Citizens don’t want jobs? Really?

Mississippi's Howard Industries Faces Lawsuit Alleging Discrimination Against U.S. Citizens after Pleading Guilty to Hiring Undocumented Workers - Fox News Latino

Hundreds line up for jobs "Americans won't do" (w/video) - National Immigration Reform | Examiner.com

YouTube - ‪Hundreds seek to fill vacant positions formerly held by illegals‬‏

Most Pei Wei restaurants now open after sheriff's raids | azfamily.com Phoenix
Excellent as usual, Benicar. Notice that not one pro-illegal has touched this topic since you posted this?

Old 06-23-2011, 05:32 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,409,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Excellent as usual, Benicar. Notice that not one pro-illegal has touched this topic since you posted this?
Supposedly enforcing our laws is racist but looks like the majority of the people lining up for the jobs were Hispanic.

Old 06-23-2011, 05:33 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,313,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWookie47 View Post
US citizens are not required to carry drivers licenses, and they certainly wouldn't have green cards on them.
Of course a citizen wouldn't have a green card on them, they wouldn't need one. I said certain legal immigrants are required to carry them at all times. As for a DL, I carry mine at all times even though it isn't required if I am not driving a car. It just makes sense to carry I.D. on you at all times in case of an accident. If Hispanics are so worrried about being checked why don't they do the same?

Old 06-23-2011, 05:36 PM

3,325 posts, read 3,168,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
Simple. Republicans have a higher percentage of racists, xenophobes and other types who are afraid of different cultures. I'm not saying it's a majority of Republicans or even close to this, however, it is a significant enough of a percentage where this group is kowtowed to. And I never said there aren't rich Democrats loving the cheap labor. It seems to me the difference is Republicans look at illegals as workers only while Democrats look at illegals as people first.

Links please

Quote:
And you'd think conservatives would want input from people such as myself or Mexican-Americans in general with regards to the situation we are in right now. Republicans, supposedly the "family values" party, has no issue encouraging families to come to the United States when needed then breaking up their families at a drop of a hat when they see these families as no longer useful.
You mean why have illegals been flooding this country for two decades now?

Quote:
If you actually read the column left by the OP, you'd see that illegals aren't actually stealing jobs. Furthermore, it is not Democrats who are gaining the Hispanic vote, it is Republicans that are handing the Democrats the Hispanic votes through their insensitive legislation.
Um, no. The hispanics in this country are "owned" by the democratic party. I hope they do better under democratic leadership than the blacks have.

Quote:
Yes, they are being destroyed. But by who?

I'd say competition from illegals?

Old 06-23-2011, 05:37 PM

951 posts, read 745,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
As for a DL, I carry mine at all times even though it isn't required if I am not driving a car. It just makes sense to carry I.D. on you at all times in case of an accident. If Hispanics are so worrried about being checked why don't they do the same?
Not everyone has a DL to start with the obvious. I often go places without mine if I'm not driving a vehicle. I walk or bike all over town without it. It isn't legally required.

Old 06-23-2011, 05:39 PM

3,325 posts, read 3,168,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by huddledmasses View Post
Not everyone has a DL to start with the obvious. I often go places without mine if I'm not driving a vehicle. I walk or bike all over town without it. It isn't legally required.
So.......are you like 12 years old or what? I haven't been without my wallet and license for........decades.

Old 06-23-2011, 05:40 PM

951 posts, read 745,222 times
Good for you. I don't choose to. I don't need it and often have shorts on with little pocket space. I'm supposed to bring my wallet jogging? Biking in a park? Golfing? All of this because you do it?

Old 06-23-2011, 05:42 PM

106 posts, read 254,038 times
Quote:
Um, you can get a ticket on a bike. You do know that right? If you can't produce ID you can be detained until they prove your identity.

http://www.bikeforums.net/archive/in...p/t-11468.html

Old 06-23-2011, 05:44 PM

1,421 posts, read 1,490,513 times
Quote:
Good idea to carry ID. If not, a cop can still arrest you. Even if doing what you just did.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration