U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2011, 05:46 PM

951 posts, read 616,515 times

Advertisements

You cannot be arrested for not having an ID.

Old 06-23-2011, 05:48 PM

1,421 posts, read 1,237,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by huddledmasses View Post
A cop can still find something to get you on.

Old 06-23-2011, 05:50 PM

951 posts, read 616,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikCortez View Post
A cop can still find something to get you on.

Well, we've figured it out. Police corruption is why every Hispanic American citizen should have ID on them. If not, they'll find something. Carry on.

Old 06-23-2011, 05:55 PM

1,421 posts, read 1,237,529 times
Quote:
Well, we've figured it out. Police corruption is why every Hispanic American citizen should have ID on them. If not, they'll find something. Carry on.
I carry my Arizona DL I laugh my butt off seein illegal aliens being IDed by the cops and being busted.

Old 06-23-2011, 05:56 PM

9,605 posts, read 14,272,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
I'm Black voted Dem since I became an adult. Voted for Gore, Kerry and Obama and numerous Dem Senators, Reps and mayors. I will not vote for a Dem again because of their permissive attitude towards what I feel is an issue that is having a disastrous impact on the Black community and this country.

I'm curious does your wife think anyone who wants to come here should be able to do so? There are 7 billion people in the world where would she draw the line? At a billion? Only Mexicans?

Would she support millions of Haitians being dumped in Mexico City or wherever she is from? After all they are a lot poorer than Mexicans and would do the menial work. Are some in the GOP racist, you bet but they are also many Dems who are as well.

What exactly has the GOP done wrong on this issue besides not caving and turning our country to a free for all for anyone who can finagle their way here?
What the GOP has done wrong is written legislation that gives police way too much leeway in pulling over U.S. citizens based on the color of their skin. This should really irk any true conservative.

Old 06-23-2011, 06:31 PM

106 posts, read 215,763 times
Quote:
Try it and find out. Arrested, detained, you explain the difference? You still cannot walk away. You may not get a fine but they will keep you as long as necessary.

Old 06-23-2011, 06:56 PM

192 posts, read 91,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Of course a citizen wouldn't have a green card on them, they wouldn't need one. I said certain legal immigrants are required to carry them at all times. As for a DL, I carry mine at all times even though it isn't required if I am not driving a car. It just makes sense to carry I.D. on you at all times in case of an accident. If Hispanics are so worrried about being checked why don't they do the same?
Because they shouldn't have to? I mean, why should they be at risk of getting arrested if they accidentally leave their wallets at home, but you're not?

Old 06-23-2011, 08:12 PM

4,800 posts, read 7,686,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWookie47 View Post
Because they shouldn't have to? I mean, why should they be at risk of getting arrested if they accidentally leave their wallets at home, but you're not?
Right.....

Because the one time that they leave their wallets at home, the police will know it and they'll be on 'em like flies on excrement.

Oh brother....

Old 06-23-2011, 08:19 PM

4,800 posts, read 7,686,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWookie47 View Post
US citizens are not required to carry drivers licenses, and they certainly wouldn't have green cards on them.
By law, legal permanent residents are required to carry their green card on them at all times if they are 18 years or older. If not their actual green card, then a document showing a valid I-551 stamp (usually a passport).

Old 06-23-2011, 08:21 PM

46 posts, read 19,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
By law, legal permanent residents are required to carry their green card on them at all times if they are 18 years or older. If not their actual green card, then a document showing a valid I-551 stamp (usually a passport).
Obviously. Now an officer needs reasonable suspicion to stop someone. Please cite anything that would make an officer reasonably suspicious that a person is an illegal alien and not a resident alien or a U.S. citizen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration